Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hankins Released

Case

21 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Something I just thought about logically...

People are upset that we signed a guy that had 5 sacks in limited play time last year, but are upset we released someone that started all 16 games and only had 2 sacks.

I'm aware of the differences in their roles and positions being played, but come on.

Valid

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Indyfan4life said:
This is largely scheme based with the Colts moving to a Tampa-2 defense. Hankins had a solid first year in Indy, but didn't do much to improve their run defense. The Colts have one of the best cap situations in the league but save $8.5 million from his release. Hankins won't struggle to resurface as the top interior lineman available behind Ndamukong Suh. The Titans and Seahawks are possible landing spots.

Mar 17 - 2:29 PM

Read some please. We wouldn't have got anything in trade for him besides MAYBE a 6th at best. This gives us more money which we're gonna do something with. Suh isn't signed yet.

If they want to get lighter, more athletic DT’s , fine... just don’t go full Polian

..please.

I think its a meh move he's a decent player maybe he feels someone on the roster can do what he does at a cheaper price? looks like CB likes size, length and speed I don't think he will neglect taking care of run stopped duties on he def but he's looking for active players to play a style. If you look at Dallas front 4 there isn't a Hankins there if we are trying to run that front. You could also look at the eagles 

4 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Like why the hell did we not trade him for a 4th or something? 

I’m going to go out on a limb and assume that he tried.

That, or he felt he wanted to do right by the guy to give him the opportunity to choose his next team. Which again, has benefits that permeates throughout the league. 

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Another dumb bone headed move by Ballard he isn't that old and is very good in both schemes I thought he was better in 4-3 than 3-4 but the real question now is where are we going from here.

Maybe maybe not. Gotta let the dust settle first

He doesn’t save us any money tomorrow, it had to be today. 

I guess if he would have released Hankins before the trade, everyone would still love him right now... 

maybe Now that he got the trade done, Hankins isn’t part of the plan anymore? 

Lets see see what he does before we freak... 

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Another dumb bone headed move by Ballard he isn't that old and is very good in both schemes I thought he was better in 4-3 than 3-4 but the real question now is where are we going from here.

What are his other bone-headed moves? I need ammunition to freak out with.

29 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:
This is largely scheme based with the Colts moving to a Tampa-2 defense. Hankins had a solid first year in Indy, but didn't do much to improve their run defense. The Colts have one of the best cap situations in the league but save $8.5 million from his release. Hankins won't struggle to resurface as the top interior lineman available behind Ndamukong Suh. The Titans and Seahawks are possible landing spots.

Mar 17 - 2:29 PM

There we go.

That's a terrible excuse.  

Either there's more to it or Ballard is a joke. 

1 minute ago, Trueman said:

Sheard-Woods- Warren Sapp- Simeone Rice

I think Woods is more Booger McFarland than Sapp. Rice was so underrated also. CB said we are going to get after people on DEF so the type of players we are bringing in and will be drafting should be exciting going forward.

I just assumed Hankins was signed because he could make the scheme transition. I wouldn't be surprised to learn he requested this release. Ballard is big on players that want to be here and if Hankins even mention the possibility, I am sure Ballard would send him packing.

As for why Hankins might do this? Maybe it's scheme-related or maybe he thinks he can get a huge deal in FA rather than be tied to $8.5M/year during his age 26 and 27 seasons.

Just now, waka waka said:

I think Woods is more Booger McFarland than Sapp. Rice was so underrated also. CB said we are going to get after people on DEF so the type of players we are bringing in and will be drafting should be exciting going forward.

Hah, it was a joke. But I appreciate that you’re nice enough to humour my sarcasm.

Woods isn’t close to either Booger or Sapp , but I like him a lot. Rice was awesome when he was engaged. Tons of talent, but he was past it when he joined us.

Another head scratcher. Weird move.IMO nothing makes sense besides Ballard not thinking he's worth that pay. 

Suh is an option but... do you do this move before you've secured him and signed him? 

Others have mentioned another name - David Irving got a 2nd round tender as a restricted free agent by the Cowboys. Maybe Ballard is preparing an offer for him with one of the 2nds we got from the Jets trade. I'm not sure he's worth that and it would go somewhat against what Ballard preaches(Irving missed 4 games due to PEDs this year).  Irving was UDFA of the Chiefs when Ballard was with them. 

3 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Signing all these free agents with all of this money that we have... 

Oh, the moves that we didn’t make are bone-headed.... nice.

The hypothetical moves we have absolutely no information or insight towards. Plenty to call bone-headed there... tons of material. 

:facepalm:

Something must have changed because they could have just released him early on to show some goodwill and let him get the best deal out there.

It would have made sense to hold onto him until they picked up another player...but they have yet to sign anyone. Autry and Hankins don't play the same position.

11 minutes ago, XxGoosexX said:

He doesn’t save us any money tomorrow, it had to be today. 

I guess if he would have released Hankins before the trade, everyone would still love CB right now... 

maybe Now that he got the trade done, Hankins isn’t part of the plan anymore? 

Lets see see what he does before we freak... 

1 minute ago, ricker182 said:

"The rivalry is back on" is going to make us the laughingstock of the NFL when we're losing 56-0.  

What a terrible off season. 

Not too much worse than losing 49-7 after signing all those stud free agents , I suppose.