Case

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Yeah. This was a stupid move. I dont care what the reason is it makes zero sense. Hankins is a stud. So now if we don't sign Suh we're stupid. That's about the only way to put it. If we don't we're stupid. But this makes me wonder something. If we were going to release him why didn't we go after Richardson ????

Solid player? Yes

Stud? No

10 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

He’s actually very good and graded out really well. Among the best at his position. That’s why I’m surprised he wasn’t traded.

yu dnt have to take my word for it but play madden and you’ll find out some gem type players en real life ... got board playing w the colts & started using the browns, saints then RAIDERS. the guy we just signed, Autry has unique traits that keep him on the field, no matter your scheme. 

Hankins is almost useless regardless what scheme yu use

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Poe is a Panther but I could see Suh eventhough that isn't Ballard's style. It's always good to have 1 or 2 older players that are Vets and Suh is still a Good player even at 31. I would honestly say he is Very Good still. He isn't 27 anymore but still can dominate games. The combo of he and Woods excites me if it did happen.

Oh. Didn't know Poe signed with them.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If we were hot for the money wouldn't we have cut him loose BEFORE free agency?

We would have had more $$$ when the big names were available.

That makes sense.  I think Ballard is looking at the next few years and simply sees Hankins as overvalued compared to the other DTS.  Anderson and Ridgeway look like they're staring to come around.  And Woods is good too.  How many slow DTs do we need?  So he cuts the one due $4.5 million tomorrow.

No doubt, next season will be a struggle, but I think CB is looking past next season.

12 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

What is Hankins hit to the salary cap? Any dead money?

6 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

To add who!? Cap space doesn’t matter when we have nobody lol

6 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

Who cares? It’s not like we spend any of it

i was responding to the first post.  calm down.....jeez.

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

The only other thing that makes sense is we are making room for Ndamukong Suh. 

I am not saying we are, but..... This would be the way to do it if we were about to sign him. 

Well...   if so, we've just given Suh leverage.   We have a greater need for him now.

More typically,  you sign the guy you want first...   and then cut the guy you don't want.   That way you're more protected.

1 minute ago, MFT5 said:

yu dnt have to take my word for it but play madden and you’ll find out some gem type players en real life ... got board playing w the colts & started using the browns, saints then RAIDERS. the guy we just signed, Autry has unique traits that keep him on the field, no matter your scheme. 

I agree with you, but I'm not sure this is your best argument.

AWESOME! 

Not only are we NOT adding quality players to help our team win, we’re cutting ones already here!

Color me impressed!

Maybe with all these extra draft picks we can get more guys who don’t even make the roster! 

It’s obviously all part of the plan. 

The plan to what I’m not sure, but it’s in action!

2 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

Madden????

Okay, we’re done. Let’s move on.

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well...   if so, we've just given Suh leverage.   We have a greater need for him now.

More typically,  you sign the guy you want first...   and then cut the guy you don't want.   That way you're more protected.

I think you're forgetting about the quality of DL depth in this years draft. There will likely be a lot of DL talent at the top of the second round. For all we know, we are ALL IN on Vea. Ballard has singled out a player. We think it is Nelson or Chubb. But Vea is the kind of player who could make us approach this draft with a completely different mindset than most think we have. 

Obviously, we would not purposely put ourselves in a bad situation. 

We might already have a verbal deal in place with Suh. We might not. We do not know. And that is what I am speculating about. Just throwing it out there for conversation. 

Suh was scheduled to visit New Orleans yesterday or today (I think). 

Just now, bananabucket said:

Suh goes against everything Ballard has said.  But I'm done trying to figure out what he's thinking.

Hes either thinking so far out of the box he’s a genius, or we’ve made a serious mistake that will cost us the chance to win Super Bowls with Luck. We’re kinda past the point for middle ground now. 

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

AWESOME! 

Not only are we NOT adding quality players to help our team win, we’re cutting ones already here!

Color me impressed!

Maybe with all these extra draft picks we can get more guys who don’t even make the roster! 

It’s obviously all part of the plan. 

The plan to what I’m not sure, but it’s in action!

It's hard not to argue they have went from bad to worse at this point.  

Just now, BOTT said:

I agree with you, but I'm not sure this is your best argument.

i understand, just fascinated by that when im creating a scheme for madden, a guy i deemed a necessary fit was signed to my favorite team. i actually used him en a 34 as my LE

Is there a benefit to dropping a solid to very good player rather than attempting to trade him? It looks like we saved a little money by doing it today, but we're not exactly hurting for cash. Also, will this count towards compensatory picks next year?

I will agree that Al Woods played better. But it was nice to have Hankins also. He was 5th in tackles on the team, not too shabby but probably not worth $10M per year in Ballards eyes anymore. I'll also have to agree that we are in phase 2 of complete rebuild mode. Whether that's trying to find new players or see how much money we can save by not signing anyone, I'm not sure which yet.

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Hes either thinking so far out of the box he’s a genius, or we’ve made a serious mistake that will cost us the chance to win Super Bowls with Luck. We’re kinda past the point for middle ground now. 

They are at least 3 years from being any good if everything goes right imo.  

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I read this somewhere over a year ago when he was leaving the Giants.

Do you have another reason for the Colts making this move now...?

^^^This 

When he came here from the Giants there were articles talking about how he didn't like the 4/3 and thought it didn't let him play to his strengths, and was happy to get back into the 3/4.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

By the way...

There is ZERO dead cap hit for this move.

A well structured deal...

So Ballard was sort of planning ahead when he made the deal.  He may not have been all-in on Hankins to begin with.  Hankins was signed late last FA season IIRC

3 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Madden????

Okay, we’re done. Let’s move on.

like i said to start yu dnt have to agree w my premise but it’s obvious hankins is slow and not disruptive. yu can watch the games and see he doesn’t fit. Laugh all yu want but pff failed yu and my judgement of talent checks out

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love the Posts on this Board today. One minute Ballard stinks because he has does nothing in Free Agency, then he is a God because of the trade with the Jets, now he stinks again because he let Hankins go lmao. I love this Forum, it is definitely addicting.

We can only judge him by his actions.  The trade was a good move, this is a terrible move.

Not difficult to figure out.  There's no inconsistency there. 

Just now, mahagga73 said:

It's hard not to argue they have went from bad to worse at this point.  

Oh there is no argument against it. We’re worse across the board right now. And we’re not going to correct that with trying to find “hidden gems” in free agency or the draft. It’s hard enough to find 1 or 2. 

We we need a dozen. 

I’m quickly falling off the Ballard bandwagon. 

He turned over 50% of the roster since he got here, and he’s already mulliganed plenty of those he brought in. 

But to speak against him is a crime, so never we mind that. 

2 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

We can only judge him by his actions.  The trade was a good move, this is a terrible move.

Not difficult to figure out.  There's no inconsistency there. 

I get it but I just think it is funny. I am sure Ballard has a plan. I liked Hankins so not sure what is going on.

14 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

This is one of the most crazy offseasons I can remember throughout the entire league. 

I agree. I can't keep up. This one is mind-boggling, given that the Colts are not looking for extra cap space. There has to be some other reason. 

Something I just thought about logically...

People are upset that we signed a guy that had 5 sacks in limited play time last year, but are upset we released someone that started all 16 games and only had 2 sacks.

I'm aware of the differences in their roles and positions being played, but come on.

6 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

i understand, just fascinated by that when im creating a scheme for madden, a guy i deemed a necessary fit was signed to my favorite team. i actually used him en a 34 as my LE

I always considered him a 34 guy that could move anywhere on the line, but didn't really excel at any of them.

Just now, krunk said:

I will see where Ballard goes from here.

I am not ruling out Suh.

I am not saying it will happen, but it would make some sense. 

Ballard was able to keep the media clueless for 6 days about us shopping the No 3. overall pick with multiple teams. The media had no clue those conversations were ongoing. 

Wouldn't surprise me if we already have a deal in place with Suh. It also would not surprise me if we haven't even talked to Suh.