Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts trade #3 overall pick to New York Jets (merge)

TKnight24

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Man if we trade back with Buffalo we can have 2 first rounders, and 5, I repeat 5 2nd round picks! Imagine that? I have never looked forward to a draft as much as this...It'll be Christmas! We still have tons of money too! Bring in Suh and Mathieu and I will start a Chris Ballard fan club...I admit I was short sighted..Ballard is looking like a mad scientist now...

That'd be awesome, but buffalo would be foolish to do that. 

Our position value is 1600 

Bills value for 1/12, 1/21, 2/53, & 2/56 is 2710. 

That's not gonna happen. But maybe both seconds and their #12 pick. That'd equal out to 1910. Alot easier to swallow for them. 

Oh & Matthieu is with the Texans apparently. 

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Man if we trade back with Buffalo we can have 2 first rounders, and 5, I repeat 5 2nd round picks! Imagine that? I have never looked forward to a draft as much as this...It'll be Christmas! We still have tons of money too! Bring in Suh and Mathieu and I will start a Chris Ballard fan club...I admit I was short sighted..Ballard is looking like a mad scientist now...

mathieu is with the texans now

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

Everyone has been regurgitating this nonstop most likely media drivel.  Mayfield has issues but imo his floor is higher than Manziels ceiling. Manziel was never going to succeed in the NFL.  Mayfield if he gets the right support system. Could be the next Drew Brees.

The thing is... Baker's issues seem more like a product of extreme competitiveness and not willing to cower to opposition... which involved some disrespect in several cases. Honestly, if he was my QB I wouldn't knock him at all for his crotch grab and flag planting and stuff like that. 

• Like 1

Curious. The Colts are basically saying that they are rebuilding through the draft , not getting any better through FA thus far.  I think a lot of people may be forgetting that this is going to be two more years wasted of Luck prime at least baring a miracle. Everyone in our division is getting better.  Was thinking of buying an extra ST but think I'll pass . This could be as brutal as last season . 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Everyone keeps throwing Chubb out there lol it's almost guaranteed he will be gone lol

I'm not so sure. Barkley likely goes either 2 to the Giants or 4 to the Browns, 1 and 3 are QBs. I wonder what the Broncos do, but IMO there is a legit chance he's there at 6. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

The thing is... Baker's issues seem more like a product of extreme competitiveness and not willing to cower to opposition... which involved some disrespect in several cases. Honestly, if he was my QB I wouldn't knock him at all for his crotch grab and flag planting and stuff like that. 

That's my point. His issues are more pertaining to his acceptance of failure. He's got drive like no other and is a team leader.  But can be emotional which is a double edged sword.  Those comparing him to Manziel know nothing about him and are just reading articles and watching draft shows.  And I hate him... Texas fan here... had to endure 4 years of him kicking our butt...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mahagga73 said:

Curious. The Colts are basically saying that they are rebuilding through the draft , not getting any better through FA thus far.  I think a lot of people may be forgetting that this is going to be two more years wasted of Luck prime at least baring a miracle. Everyone in our division is getting better.  Was thinking of buying an extra ST but think I'll pass . 

hey you know maybe it will be a waste and maybe it wont be only time will tell:thmup:

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

Hard to dislike this move. 3 extra picks for dropping back 3 spots. Now just hope that an RB and 4 QBs go first.

I don't see that completely happening, but I could easily see 3 QBs, Barkley, and either Chubb or Nelson go, and we get the leftovers of whichever of Chubb and Nelson don't go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

With all the wild threads second guessing Chris Ballard on his approach to Free Agency here is what you need to understand the Man is gonna build this team thru the Draft & this Trade shows he is not just twiddling his thumbs  he has a plan & maybe just maybe he actually knows his job .

This is IMO a great start on filling the holes on this team congrats to the  :colts: & CB .

All the while Lucks prime years are passing by.  I like the trade but dont get the silence on the FA front. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Curious. The Colts are basically saying that they are rebuilding through the draft , not getting any better through FA thus far.  I think a lot of people may be forgetting that this is going to be two more years wasted of Luck prime at least baring a miracle. Everyone in our division is getting better.  Was thinking of buying an extra ST but think I'll pass . 

No, don’t do that. Everyone on this board expects the Colts to win next year with a team full of rookies. 

10 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

What QB do you think will be there at #6 for Buffalo to do that? Sounds good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

With all the wild threads second guessing Chris Ballard on his approach to Free Agency here is what you need to understand the Man is gonna build this team thru the Draft & this Trade shows he is not just twiddling his thumbs  he has a plan & maybe just maybe he actually knows his job .

This is IMO a great start on filling the holes on this team congrats to the  :colts: & CB .

Agreed, I'm man enough to admit I overreacted, and I'm giving Ballard the full benefit of the doubt for this year without another complaint (until he takes guys in the draft I don't like lol). :) 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Some need to slow down and think here there is no guarantee that denver takes a QB there is a huge possibility that Barkley Chubb and Nelson will all be gone so who else could be a target? 

Fitzpatrick at CB to replace Melvin. Or trade down again and get Roquon Smith. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'm not so sure. Barkley likely goes either 2 to the Giants or 4 to the Browns, 1 and 3 are QBs. I wonder what the Broncos do, but IMO there is a legit chance he's there at 6. 

I don't see the giants taking a QB I hope they do tho if they do then I think we will get chubb

7 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

mathieu is with the texans now

Well that sucks...I hope we take a chunk of that money and invest in Suh...Try and run ball on us then! Everybody is out of money now except us and we are #3 on waiver wire and will have pick of litter for bargains..Ballard is NFL version of Theo Epstein, freakin genius..

• Like 1

I like this strategy a lot, mostly because no single player can be counted on to live up to high expectations (by injury or performance).  Building with multiple picks helps to mitigate the risk - sort of avoids the old "all your eggs in one basket".  With so many holes to fill on this team, more picks affords the opportunity to address them through the draft rather than free agency.  Thirdly, it helps with salary cap flexibility in that drafted players are generally cheaper than desirable free agents.

Now, management can use the 6th pick dynamically on draft day - use it to draft a highly rated player or trade it for value, depending on the circumstance.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

The key word here is expect. A QB with that pick was never in play. 

At this point right now they are worse than last year , with a bunch of rookies and lower tier free agents coming in. The tune will change rather quickly .  

4 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

That's my point. His issues are more pertaining to his acceptance of failure. He's got drive like no other and is a team leader.  But can be emotional which is a double edged sword.  Those comparing him to Manziel know nothing about him and are just reading articles and watching draft shows.  And I hate him... Texas fan here... had to endure 4 years of him kicking our butt...

I concur! Not to mention Mayfield has interviewed extremely well for teams. He does not belong in the same sentence as Manziel. Also, i'm willing to bet the Mayfield haters love L. Jackson, who had a horrible combine.