Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Instant Karma

Crunked

Instant Karma  

124 members have voted

1. 1. We judge instantly, so how is Ballard doing? Better to judge now before it plays out (sarcasm)

• Ballard is doing fine stay the course
    • Ballard needs to adjust his "process" to avoid more rejection
    • Ballard needs to start makin' it rain before the uprising gets violent
    • Ballard needs to be fired he is ruining the team
    • I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico

Ballard inherited a mess! plus there is the Luck situation is he ok? no one knows and that in it self tells a lot. if you think about it a lot of free agents switching teams not coming to the Colts could tell us the uncertainty of Luck makes there choice easier because they want to win a ring.

Just now, DaveA1102 said:

I won't pretend I didn't want some of the guys we were linked with and to retain Melvin but I am not going on judge until I see the roster at the start of camp.

Dave I am basically in your camp, I do think Ballard's intent was to add a "marquee" player and he just swung and missed....we may never know if that was true or not...but that is my take on it......so I will wait and see where we end up ultimately....we have no choice lol

Just now, DaveA1102 said:

Also, why is the thread titled "instant karma"?

:scratch:

ode to John Lennon's song....and the  principle that fans are going bezerk raging on Ballard in many threads, so if you believe in snap/instant judgement (aka all the Ballard threads) the next logical step is that if judgement is instant, Karma too would have to be instant.... dunno only 2 cups of coffee in this morning....

Just now, TKnight24 said:

How are all these threads being made when there’s already a massive thread for it? 

Sorry just thought the poll would be fun, didn't know how or if it was possible to comment a poll in an existing thread....

Love me some Geico hit 2 deer this year 3k and 4k in repairs yet my bill stayed the same with friendly fast claims .

Coming off a 4 win season in a small market with a less than desirable climate we would have to over pay even more than the other teams are to bring in top talent in free agency . I trust Ballard will find some gamers that will want to be colts in the scrap heap . We are in it for the long haul this is a rebuild 

Based on last season's results (draft included) while flipping half the roster with 2nd and 3rd tier players that lead to the team ranking near LAST in most of the major categories on BOTH sides of the ball I would say he's well on his way to establishing ANOTHER train wreck like the dynamic duo before him. 

4 minutes ago, B~Town said:

Love me some Geico hit 2 deer this year 3k and 4k in repairs yet my bill stayed the same with friendly fast claims .

Coming off a 4 win season in a small market with a less than desirable climate we would have to over pay even more than the other teams are to bring in top talent in free agency . I trust Ballard will find some gamers that will want to be colts in the scrap heap . We are in it for the long haul this is a rebuild 

Have you ever considered bike riding? :lol:

Since I haven't sat in on any of the meetings he's had with free agents I can't give an opinion about how he conducts his meetings. By the way he handles himself in front of the media, I doubt he's doing anything to deter players from wanting to play for his team.

About the "make it rain" suggestion - I wholeheartedly disagree. Most of the players we've missed on have gotten huge contracts that I would have cringed at if we gave them to those players. The only two I can think about are the Norwell and Melvin contracts, but Norwell very likely had multiple teams giving him competitive contract numbers and he just didn't choose us and chose a team that's closer to competing for Superbowl and Melvin reportedly wanted a lot more from us than he got from Oakland... so... I don't know...

For me it's hard to fault Ballard for anything in particular he's doing wrong, but I won't lie... I'm worried we haven't addressed the O-line and the options are shrinking more and more every day. 

Just now, stitches said:

Since I haven't sat in on any of the meetings he's had with free agents I can't give an opinion about how he conducts his meetings. By the way he handles himself in front of the media, I doubt he's doing anything to deter players from wanting to play for his team.

About the "make it rain" suggestion - I wholeheartedly disagree. Most of the players we've missed on have gotten huge contracts that I would have cringed at if we gave them to those players. The only two I can think about are the Norwell and Melvin contracts, but Norwell very likely had multiple teams giving him competitive contract numbers and he just didn't choose us and chose a team that's closer to competing for Superbowl and Melvin reportedly wanted a lot more from us than he got from Oakland... so... I don't know...

For me it's hard to fault Ballard for anything in particular he's doing wrong, but I won't lie... I'm worried we haven't addressed the O-line and the options are shrinking more and more every day. 

Nailed it!

All I really care about this offseason is getting Andrew Luck protection. I don't care about winning this year because that's just not very realistic. I want our franchise QB, the supposed heir apparent to Manning/Brady greatness, to be given the opportunity to succeed and not have to worry about a career ending/altering injury. If we do nothing to address this then I say the blame is on Ballard, and the team needs to address whether he clings to his philosophy, which I generally agree with, to a fault. 

I think Ballard is missing a huge untapped source of data and analysis.  He should allow this board to manage all aspects of the Colts organization.  

We would win every Superbowl because the folks here are so savvy and in the know on what it takes to win a SB!

1 hour ago, B~Town said:

Geico is super quick ! & their customer service is unparalleled!!!

Those adds don't lie!!!

7 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Garbage. That's what it will be.

Melvin wanted more to stay here, took less elsewhere. That’s not Ballard’s fault, he made the right choice. Tyrann Mathieu also hasn’t been good since his rookie year, after that, average player to above at best. 

Hankins was good, clearly Ballard has something else in mind for the front 4. Your pessimism is unwarranted, we haven’t drafted and FA isn’t over. 

7 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Melvin wanted more to stay here, took less elsewhere. That’s not Ballard’s fault, he made the right choice. Tyrann Mathieu also hasn’t been good since his rookie year, after that, average player to above at best. 

Hankins was good, clearly Ballard has something else in mind for the front 4. Your pessimism is unwarranted, we haven’t drafted and FA isn’t over. 

Well I don't see it getting better so it is warranted He has gone this long already without signing anybody else FA is over obviously.

I think the rejections are a little alarming. Not from a football stand point but more of a cultural stand. The Lakers before Magic joined comes to mind, big name free agents wouldn't even take meetings because they thought the Lakers were a mess. I do not want the colts to have a similar reputation. I dont think we are that bad yet, but have trending in the wrong direction. 

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

No actually I was one of 3 that voted that and why not I see this team get worst while the division keeps improving and we stay the course its stupid.

Just because we didn't sign a couple of high dollar free agents you think the Colts have gotten worse?

Your never ending pessimism is not contagious to all of us.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Just because we didn't sign a couple of high dollar free agents you think the Colts have gotten worse?

Your never ending pessimism is not contagious to all of us.

I don't know, I have this rash on my elbow...it......oh never mind, you meant metaphorically....lol

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

You think we got better by losing Hankens, Moncreif, Melvin, Mingo,Gore, Aiken?

None of them were setting the league on fire.

Ballard wants to build this team through the draft the right way. His trade with the Jets made it clear.

Get on board or stay behind in negativity.

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

You think we got better by losing Hankens, Moncreif, Melvin, Mingo,Gore, Aiken?

Moncrief me first oft hurt player, Gore  a gray beard vet reduced to 2.8 ypc and Aikens the most under over achieving wide out in the league....yes 100% ........Hankins, Melvin, and Mingo's allegedly bad scheme fit (aka would not be as good as last year) that speculative, and also not saying much..........If Desir and Mewhort end up elsewhere we can say we hit for the cycle with our own FA's outside of the immortal Vinny.....and his bionic leg....efra's not withstanding

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Ballard wants to build this team through the draft the right way. His trade with the Jets made it clear.

You get on board with Reality!

You told the other poster that we are not worse by not signing any FA's. Are we not worse by losing Hankens, Moncreif, Melvin, Mingo, Aiken?

Building through the draft wasn't the question.

Try to stay on topic before insulting as a defense mechanism.

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

You get on board with Reality!

You told the other poster that we are not worse by not signing any FA's. Are we not worse by losing Hankens, Moncreif, Melvin, Mingo, Aiken?

Building through the draft wasn't the question.

Try to stay on topic before insulting as a defense mechanism.

No one is insulting anyone.

It is a fact you are on the negative side of all things Colts. It's been your mantra for a long time.

If you found that insulting then I am sorry.

Look, Ballard has a plan for the long term future. A whole new coaching staff is in place and none of us know how that is going to work out. Getting a whole new coaching staff is what most everyone wanted including you. Now you want to whine about the natural growing pains it takes to get everyone on the same page.

Now you think by letting a few players go it's a sign that Ballard is either stupid or don't know what he is doing. You also think by not signing a couple of high dollar free agents also adds to your negative outlook of Ballard.

Ballard was hired by Irsay to build this team for the future, not next season.

Sorry you have a problem with that.

10 minutes ago, Crunked said:

Moncrief me first oft hurt player, Gore  a gray beard vet reduced to 2.8 ypc and Aikens the most under over achieving wide out in the league....yes 100% ........Hankins, Melvin, and Mingo's allegedly bad scheme fit (aka would not be as good as last year) that speculative, and also not saying much..........If Desir and Mewhort end up elsewhere we can say we hit for the cycle with our own FA's outside of the immortal Vinny.....and his bionic leg....efra's not withstanding

Not crazy bput moncreif or aiken...good riddance but they will need to be replaced to fill roster. Hankens, Melvin & Mingo were contributors. But the conversation was that a poster said we worse becaise no FA signings. And as usual he insulted the poster for saying something not positive about management. So I said. Are we not worse by losing those players? 

Then he changed subject to building thru draft and of course his usual insults.

He and another are really getting comical and should be put on ignore.

30 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Considering our track record with building through the draft its hard not to be negative.

You don’t want to be that team that veterans, who turn out to be uninspired, look to for one last big payday before retirement.  By overpaying, you’re inviting trouble.  Stay the course - with untapped cap money, we’ll have nice additions.  Someone will get an addition with us releasing Hankins.  We will have money to do the same.