Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pugh to Cards

23 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

As I always say if the worst thing in your life is your football team then you should be thankful because you have a good life.

Exactly. Football is great, but it ends when I turn off a game.

Ballard failed on this offensive line. That's all I have wanted every offseason since Andrew Luck was drafted. Can we please have at least an average offensive line for once? 

Unless they really like a mid-round option, moving back and drafting Nelson should be at the top of the list.

Wow, 5 years, 45 million.

That's a ton for a guard, especially one with chronic injury problems and only played half the games the past 2 seasons.

Think anyone would dream of giving Mewhort this much? When Pugh is not even as good?

I would have thought 5-7 million was borderline stretching it.

Can't believe we're so incapable of addressing the o line. With all the holes we need to fill, and all the cap space.....i know we're not "win now mode" but damn......take 1 position group off the table.  At least send a message you're semi serious about protecting Andrew.  +/- 100 sacks in the past two years but "overpaying" in FA for 1 piece on the OL is considered unthinkable (talking Norwell)?   What's Luck gotta be thinking?  Instead of a helmet next season, march him onto the field with a blindfold and a cigarette........

oh, ok.  I get it now......let's excuse a integral part of G.M.'s "job" to successfully LAND and sign FA's to contracts to help fill areas of DESPARATE need.......because I don't understand how FA works?

I know darn well how FA works......it's inexcusable NOT to do something with gusto and bring in top tier impactful FA's when you have the money to do so.......and more importantly the NEED to do so.  I am commenting on the inexcusable failure to do your dang job as a GM..........it's also called "CLOSING" a deal.

IN....EX.....CUS.....ABLE.

I am in the line of thinking that if I don't bring or successfully show RESULTS in my job, then I am more than likely going to be let go, or fired.

Or I have some serious susplainin' to do LUCY......

On second thought, I would probably get fired.

49 minutes ago, nyyankeechris said:

oh, ok.  I get it now......let's excuse a integral part of G.M.'s "job" to successfully LAND and sign FA's to contracts to help fill areas of DESPARATE need.......because I don't understand how FA works?

I know darn well how FA works......it's inexcusable NOT to do something with gusto and bring in top tier impactful FA's when you have the money to do so.......and more importantly the NEED to do so.  I am commenting on the inexcusable failure to do your dang job as a GM..........it's also called "CLOSING" a deal.

IN....EX.....CUS.....ABLE.

I am in the line of thinking that if I don't bring or successfully show RESULTS in my job, then I am more than likely going to be let go, or fired.

Or I have some serious susplainin' to do LUCY......

On second thought, I would probably get fired.

maybe CB doesn't want to get many FA's this year. Maybe the reason he did last year was because we were sitting at 15th in the draft and the chances of landing good talent was slim although thankfully hooker was able to fall to us. But now that were smack dab at 3rd pick why in the world would u want to bring in high name brand players who want out of this world type contracts. CB's the smart one just wait and see:rock:

I'm a tad bit wary of that my friend Shadow....I just don't think that your position in a draft should EVER cause you to hold back on improving your team, especially when you have the MONEY and more importantly....the NEED.  It's great to build thru the draft.....but DRAFT's are way more prone to be a potential crapshoot than a proven guy staring you in the face......ie: development timeframe and uncertainty.....

I'm not asking him to be crazy and frivolous with the money......but you gotta do something substantial.  "MONEY TALKS" in FA.....and for a select few players that will be truly impactful to the team.....NOT everyone mind you, you have to..........nay, "YOU MUST" close the deal.

6 hours ago, rock8591 said:

That's a ton for a guard, especially one with chronic injury problems and only played half the games the past 2 seasons.

Think anyone would dream of giving Mewhort this much? When Pugh is not even as good?

Good pass on Pugh.

6 hours ago, rock8591 said:

That deal seems bad to me and one im glad we missed. 5 yrs for a guard with a chronic back problem. Sounds like a quick ending like Cherilus. People dont care because they just want a name.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

That deal seems bad to me and one im glad we missed. 5 yrs for a guard with a chronic back problem. Sounds like a quick ending like Cherilus. People dont care because they just want a name.

I agree, plus the Giants line has stunk.

10 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Everything still alright?  No cause for concern? Smh 

There is a bit, now. Like I said before, 3 years into Ballard and if we are not back in the playoffs, Ballard will be in the hot seat. 

Heck, even teams like the Packers and Ravens, that primarily draft their players, have added a piece here and there in free agency. It is almost inevitable we trade down and gather picks, isn't it, with plenty of needs across the board? 

We all knew the rebuild was going to take time but looks like that time might be longer than I thought.

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

There is a bit, now. Like I said before, 3 years into Ballard and if we are not back in the playoffs, Ballard will be in the hot seat. 

Heck, even teams like the Packers and Ravens, that primarily draft their players, have added a piece here and there in free agency. It is almost inevitable we trade down and gather picks, isn't it, with plenty of needs across the board? 

We all knew the rebuild was going to take time but looks like that time might be longer than I thought.

Easier to do when your team looks like it might be going somewhere. Ravens were close and Panthers were in the playoffs. That matters to some FA. Lot of iffy looking stuff on this team right now. If you are choosing you will most likely go where it looks promising unless you're getting significantly more money in the lesser venue.

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

I agree, plus the Giants line has stunk.

Have to wonder what that contract looks like. 5 years and chronic anything is bad for long term planning. Cherilous gave us what, 2 decent years and then poop? Team ate that bad contract so does Arizona structure it to cut after two years and gamble they can get two solid years from his chronic problem before the wheels fall off? The structure and guarantee will tell how good 45 million dollars is for a Contract. I’m on the train of pass at 9 million a year too.