Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the colts losing Melvin trade back is a must!!

2 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

We've lost to many talented players to not trade back. Melvin Mingo and Moncrief had great talent and from the look of things this free Agency i don't see CB paying high for any Huge upgrades so that being said trading back is a definite must:cash:

At this point he would be stupid not to Moncrief I don't blame him for letting him go 10 million for him just way too much not worth that but Melvin letting him walk was stupid and Mingo showed some upside last year so I would have kept both players but that's just me.

I'm not bothered one bit by the players we lost. 

I say get comp picks for next year by not signing anymore FA and just pick up other teams cuts.  Those guys wont be any worse than anything else that's left.  Only about 4 or 5 FAs that were on the market the past two days were measurably better than the players who will be cut over the summer anyway.

But I do agree, a trade down is definitely the preferred draft strategy.

Seriously? Melvin had one "good" season and people act like this kid has been our shut down corner for the past few years. He's NEVER started a full 16 game season. The most? 10. It just happened to be last season and since joining the league back in 2013 he has three career interceptions. All in 2017. If Melvin was able to come in and have multiple promising years then I would be upset.

Ridiculous.

9 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

Seriously? Melvin had one "good" season and people act like this kid has been our shut down corner for the past few years. He's NEVER started a full 16 game season. The most? 10. It just happened to be last season and since joining the league back in 2013 he has three career interceptions. All in 2017. If Melvin was able to come in and have multiple promising years then I would be upset.

Ridiculous.

Apparently Melvin also does not fit the new defensive system we are implementing. We are going to play more zone and give Wilson and Hairston more playing time. Melvin is more of a one-on-one corner and yes, only had one breakout year. 

2 hours ago, Dr. T said:

Apparently Melvin also does not fit the new defensive system we are implementing. We are going to play more zone and give Wilson and Hairston more playing time. Melvin is more of a one-on-one corner and yes, only had one breakout year. 

zone is easier to play than man

he wont have ideal size, but that doesnt mean he cant be a good zone corner too