• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, chad72 said:

I am shocked it came from a moderator. :dunno:

I just came across this and a few things crossed my mind-

1. Moderators are fans too, and have opinions and 'takes'.

2. Was pointing out the mood of the forum concerning a player before last year compared to before this year

Now, in order for one to truly understand, they would have to look at the play and production of said player throughout the year.  Do players improve?  By gosh you (and they) hope so, otherwise instead of getting shown a big pay raise, you get shown the door. Players down on the depth chart must step up when opportunity knocks; whether others get injured or just not playing well.

Typically, when a team says "next man up", we all know it's cliche for we got to do what we got to do but losing _____ stings.  Sometimes players steps in and does step up.  Too often, the barely fill the spot.

Melvin was a pleasant surprise to me in the latter half last year, though I do not remember having much of an opinion on him at the beginning.  I only remember providing insight on possibilities concerning Luck at the time.

8 hours ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

If thats the case why not come back to the Colts!! This % makes no sense!!

Sometimes players ask for an outrageous sum, and get denied and offered a market value deal.  They (and agent) decide to go fishing for the big deal elsewhere.  Sometimes they get it other times they find out differently, and it is tough to come back and say, "I guess you were right". They just take the one before them at that moment.  Who knows, maybe he feels Raiders will be playoff bound once more and wants on that Gruden Train instead of coming back to Indy.

It will take Ballard some work to get Indy to be a preference place players want to be a part of once more.