Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rashaan Melvin To Raiders [Merge]

1959Colts

Melvin got some playing time in 2016 and played decently. Not good, but not bad either -- but you could tell there was something there with him because even when he was beat, he was with the receiver. It's just the receiver made a better play on the ball.

Last year, he showed great improvement. This is what you want to see. Melvin is a player developing and getting better at his craft. Some say that he only had 1 good year. Well, that good year was last year and he could be poised to have an even better year in 2018.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Crunked said:

Good for Rashaan, get that pay day.......I choose to operate on the assumption if we wanted him we had first crack and made an offer, if he wanted to be here he would have taken it, since he is apparently  movin' on.......NEXT!

Ain't nothing to cry about peeps, we were 4-12 last year how many of our FA you wanna keep?

Only 1 problem we are not replacing the ones we lose with anyone new either.

11 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Sounds like some spin from the Colts PR right there. 

Apparently Freeman wanted more from the Colts too when he signed with CHI, but he at least had given the Colts multiple seasons at a cheap rate. The Colts were Melvin's 5th team and he played here for two seasons. The Colts owed him nothing...so I don't know why he would expect them to pay more than anyone else.

24 minutes ago, austriancolt said:

any chance we get a compensatory pick for him?

As of now, yes, but it's highly unlikely that Colts wouldn't be signing multiple players between now and early May, when the cut off date for signing players that count in comp pick pool is.

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Only 1 problem we are not replacing the ones we lose with anyone new either.

You would be no fun to go to a movie with, the minute the problem in the plot was revealed you would walk out.....where you goin' bro' the movie aint over....BATMAN ain't dead the Joker is just....ya' know....Jokin' lets wait and see what happens.................Look this free agency thing ain't over......

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Melvin had his best year by far this year, no doubt. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Are you suggesting we are not entitled to change of opinions after a player shows dramatic improvement or are you ridiculing people for having a different opinion earlier? Just trying to see what you are trying to accomplish here by quoting specific people without assuming your intentions. I am not necessarily close with any of the posters you quoted, for what it is worth, but I am very curious about your intentions.

It is one thing just to specify a previous thread, it is another to put other posters under the microscope by cherry picking and rehashing specific opinions.

I value all of those posters’ opinions, that’s why I pulled their quotes specifically. Not to mention, I was in agreement with them at this point last year as well, so I’m in that group of people who wasn’t particularly comfortable with Melvin going into the 2017 season as the starter opposite Vontae Davis. I didn’t comment in that particular thread, otherwise I would’ve gladly included my take along with theirs.

My only intentions were to give some perspective on Rashaan Melvin after he had 1 solid season with us, I was not trying to make anyone look bad.

5 minutes ago, austriancolt said:

any chance we get a compensatory pick for him?

If we dont start signing some guys.

I would say at the moment, Melvin and our new De/Dt probably cancel each other out.

Moncrief probably giving us a 4th round comp now.

So at the moment I would say we have a 4th round comp pick. 

By the end of FA though, I suspect we will not be receiving any comp picks.

Something else to consider is the Colts never even made him an offer.

They could of heard his asking price and said, go see what you can get and come back.

So he thought he was worth more, found out he wasn't. Then didn't give us a chance to offer him deal? 

17 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

He wanted us to pay extra?  What in the world?

To be fair, he obviously wanted us to pay more. Name of the game. I just think it's getting misconstrued, like he was sticking to his original demands before we let him hit FA. 

He might not of gave us a chance to match or increase offer. That's what I suspect happened.

19 minutes ago, Crunked said:

You would be no fun to go to a movie with, the minute the problem in the plot was revealed you would walk out.....where you goin' bro' the movie aint over....BATMAN ain't dead the Joker is just....ya' know....Jokin' lets wait and see what happens.................Look this free agency thing ain't over......

Problem is the people soon to be left are all worse then who we are losing 

I dont understand why he wanted more from us.. like that makes little sense to me. Holder is saying waaay more, what are we talking like $10 million a year? It was here where he revived his career. 

This is frustrating. I can get over not handing out massive contracts to Norwell, Robinson, etc, but a 1 year $6.5 mil contract is perfectly reasonable... quite cheap in all honesty.

36 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I value all of those posters’ opinions, that’s why I pulled their quotes specifically. Not to mention, I was in agreement with them at this point last year as well, so I’m in that group of people who wasn’t particularly comfortable with Melvin going into the 2017 season as the starter opposite Vontae Davis. I didn’t comment in that particular thread, otherwise I would’ve gladly included my take along with theirs.

My only intentions were to give some perspective on Rashaan Melvin after he had 1 solid season with us, I was not trying to make anyone look bad.

I find your post to be what you said. It chuckles me to see posters have such a strong opinion, especially the negative posts, and then get so attitudy judy when someone has an opinion...about their opinion. 

If you dont want any criticism of your posts, don't display strong opinions/evaluations/predictions on a public message board. Many just lurk here because they don't want to join the conversational fray.

It is ok for any fan to comment on the Colts in any way they see fit (as long as it does not break site rules). Same goes for comments about comments. You did not talk about the posters....but mentioned their comments. All good with me. 

10 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Gaines is a loser.

Always such amazing insight.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think when its all said and done we will end up with EJ Gaines from Buffalo. I bet we are waiting on his price to go down

I really hope so. I think he'd be a perfect fit.

18 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I find your post to be what you said. It chuckles me to see posters have such a strong opinion, especially the negative posts, and then get so attitudy judy when someone has an opinion...about their opinion. 

If you dont want any criticism of your posts, don't display strong opinions/evaluations/predictions on a public message board. Many just lurk here because they don't want to join the conversational fray.

It is ok for any fan to comment on the Colts in any way they see fit (as long as it does not break site rules). Same goes for comments about comments. You did not talk about the posters....but mentioned their comments. All good with me. 

It was totally for giggles, and anyone could find a post of mine from a year ago where I had a different opinion, it's not uncommon at all, especially with something as fluid as the NFL. If I got any sense that it was some massive faux pas to do something like that, I definitely wouldn't have.

1 hour ago, P'Son said:

Too bad.  Maybe he sees little chance of this team competing this season.  Or, maybe he knows Luck's real status.  Anyway, don't let the door....

If money is close I'd think most players would choose a good team. Raiders may not be great but Colts should be awful.

• 21isSuperman changed the title to Rashaan Melvin To Raiders [Merge]

the guy was a gamer, I hate to hear this.  so many times he was making some great plays on a team that we didn't get many "wows" from.  it's a business and man, does that suck sometimes.  you have 53 little CEO's on each team and they move their company from time to time.  :(

44 minutes ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

Apple is locker room Cancer. I believe his mom is his money manager. Could be wrong on that but everything I hear on him is he’s a head case. 

That could be...but Urban Meyer has had nothing but good things to say. He was Hooker's teammate in the secondary and the Colts have a few other OSU alumni on the team. I think this could be a good change of scenery for him.