Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Exodus's "double trouble" mock draft.

FA has got me down, as I'm sure it does with most of you, so I figured I'd do a plausible (in my mind) mock that would fill more than a few holes the Colts currently have. Now, in this mock, the Browns take Barkley #1, and the Giants take Chubb at #2.

1, 3: TRADE: The Colts trade the third pick to the Browns at #4 in exchange for their #35 overall pick. Browns take Sam Darnold.

1, 4: TRADE: The Colts trade the #4 pick to the Bills in exchange for the #12 and #21 picks in the first round. Bills take Josh Rosen

1, 12: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia: No brainer pick here. We need three down linebackers, and Roquan Smith is just that. Fast, instinctive, and he'll FEAST in ME's 4-3 system

1, 21: Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State: The Colts could go in another direction here, but I'd argue that LB is one of our biggest needs switching to a 4-3 system. Vander Esch is a beast. He started as a second round prospect, and there's reason to believe he won't even to make it to 21. He's flying up boards because his tape and measurements don't lie.

2, 35: Will Hernandez, G, UTEP: In my personal opinion, Will is the second best guard in this draft behind Nelson. A lot of people complain about his size, but I don't think that will hurt him at all in the long run. Great work ethic, and he'll develop alongside Kelly to help sure up our interior OL.

2, 36: Arden Key, DE/LB, LSU:  Injuries and character concerns are big, but the Colts need some push up front. Key can provide that. I think Key has a LOT to learn in order to become a truly great pass rusher, but with Mathis coming back in a coaching capacity, I think he'll have a great teacher.

3, 67: Jaire Alexander, DB, Louisville: When I started watching film on CB's, I was kind of surprised Jaire wasn't higher on some top boards, then I could see why. Smaller CB who plays a lot bigger than he is, GREAT hands, and pretty instinctive footwork. He gives up some bigger plays, and gets beat quite a bit. Needs to get better at reading routes, sticking to his guy on double moves. If he's teachable, then this could be a sneaky good pick.

4, 100: Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia: This one may be a bit of a reach, but if he's there in round four, the Colts have to pick him. Chubb was in a RB by committee in school, so I would expect him to take up the same role here in Indy with Mack. Nick can be our shot in between the tackles on downs 1/2, and Mack can take over on third down passing scenarios.

5, 131: Shaquem Griffin, LB, UCF:  Self explanatory pick. Great heart, and insane drive to overcome his disability. I'd love to see him in the blue and white.

6, 164: BPA

7, 195: BPA

30 minutes ago, Clem-Dog said:

The Browns give more to move up 1 spot than the Bills give to move up 8 spots.  Bills would need to add next years 1st and 2nd at a minimum.  Otherwise your mock draft is very good.

I thought the same thing. However, using the fairly accurate “points chart” that floats around here, the Colts actually win the trade by 200 points. I could see them offering a pick to beat another team if they wanted Josh Allen bad enough 

52 minutes ago, Exodus said:

FA has got me down, as I'm sure it does with most of you, so I figured I'd do a plausible (in my mind) mock that would fill more than a few holes the Colts currently have. Now, in this mock, the Browns take Barkley #1, and the Giants take Chubb at #2.

1, 3: TRADE: The Colts trade the third pick to the Browns at #4 in exchange for their #35 overall pick. Browns take Sam Darnold.

1, 4: TRADE: The Colts trade the #4 pick to the Bills in exchange for the #12 and #21 picks in the first round. Bills take Josh Rosen

1, 12: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia: No brainer pick here. We need three down linebackers, and Roquan Smith is just that. Fast, instinctive, and he'll FEAST in ME's 4-3 system

1, 21: Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State: The Colts could go in another direction here, but I'd argue that LB is one of our biggest needs switching to a 4-3 system. Vander Esch is a beast. He started as a second round prospect, and there's reason to believe he won't even to make it to 21. He's flying up boards because his tape and measurements don't lie.

2, 35: Will Hernandez, G, UTEP: In my personal opinion, Will is the second best guard in this draft behind Nelson. A lot of people complain about his size, but I don't think that will hurt him at all in the long run. Great work ethic, and he'll develop alongside Kelly to help sure up our interior OL.

2, 36: Arden Key, DE/LB, LSU:  Injuries and character concerns are big, but the Colts need some push up front. Key can provide that. I think Key has a LOT to learn in order to become a truly great pass rusher, but with Mathis coming back in a coaching capacity, I think he'll have a great teacher.

3, 67: Jaire Alexander, DB, Louisville: When I started watching film on CB's, I was kind of surprised Jaire wasn't higher on some top boards, then I could see why. Smaller CB who plays a lot bigger than he is, GREAT hands, and pretty instinctive footwork. He gives up some bigger plays, and gets beat quite a bit. Needs to get better at reading routes, sticking to his guy on double moves. If he's teachable, then this could be a sneaky good pick.

4, 100: Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia: This one may be a bit of a reach, but if he's there in round four, the Colts have to pick him. Chubb was in a RB by committee in school, so I would expect him to take up the same role here in Indy with Mack. Nick can be our shot in between the tackles on downs 1/2, and Mack can take over on third down passing scenarios.

5, 131: Shaquem Griffin, LB, UCF:  Self explanatory pick. Great heart, and insane drive to overcome his disability. I'd love to see him in the blue and white.

6, 164: BPA

7, 195: BPA

Hernandez and Jaire won’t be we’re you have us hypothetically drafting them.  Both have been mocked on the first round.