Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bashaud Breeland has failed his physical for Carolina.

This is another instance that stinks of a team having second thoughts and backing out. 

So shady Andy when this happens. They keep these guys from other teams w money and then throw them back when the money and interest in the position is waning. 

If I were the NFLPA I’d definitely be addressing this. 

Side note: I’d love to get Breeland. 

Weird situation. Apparently he first messed his foot up in 4th grade.

Cornerback Bashaud Breeland told me he cut the back of his left foot while in the Dominican Republic on March 4th. Said he will need to have skin grafted to repair the injury as he did when first injured in the fourth grade. He didn't believe the injury to be serious, that he could still walk on it. He said it never was an issue through high school, college or while with the Redskins.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40017830-4

39 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

If this isn't an opportunity I don't know what is.  He went from a cut in the 4th grade to a starter in the NFL.  Sounds like he had a complete recovery to me and now we have a similar cut and he's a few months away from passing a physical. Another perfect Ballard opportunity.  Looks like things might be starting to fall in the right direction for our GM. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

If this isn't an opportunity I don't know what is.  He went from a cut in the 4th grade to a starter in the NFL.  Sounds like he had a complete recovery to me and now we have a similar cut and he's a few months away from passing a physical. Another perfect Ballard opportunity.  Looks like things might be starting to fall in the right direction for our GM. 

Unless his name is Bob Marley, I am not sure why an infected cut on the foot would hold up a deal.

2 hours ago, TomDiggs said:

This is another instance that stinks of a team having second thoughts and backing out. 

So shady Andy when this happens. They keep these guys from other teams w money and then throw them back when the money and interest in the position is waning. 

If I were the NFLPA I’d definitely be addressing this. 

Side note: I’d love to get Breeland. 

I agree. There seemed to be a lot more deals during the tampering period than in years past. It's almost like teams were calling "dibs" on players knowing they had the physical as an out if they had buyers remorse or something else became available.