Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After failed physical with Ravens, Ryan Grant en route to Indianapolis

TKnight24

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blah. If he signs here and makes anything near what Moncrief is making I would have much rather just have kept Moncrief.

Obviously don't know much about Grant by his stats aren't good, he just had a serious injury, and failed a physical with a team willing to pay him. I'm not so sure.

4 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Oh you're injured? You'll fit right in here.

He’s never missed a game. Ravens just wanted out of that deal after Crabtree was released. He’s heakthy BUT I get the joke haha

3 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Oh you're injured? You'll fit right in here.

was just reading an article out of Baltimore, author made an interesting connection, all was good until the announcement of Crabtree being released, speculation is that team doctors failed him so they could make a run at crabtree instead.   

that said, we'd most likely give him our own physical before signing any deals. 

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Maybe they simply had buyers remorse and brought up the ankle issue.

That's what people are thinking/saying. Especially since it happened after Crabtree was cut, and the Ravens showed interest immediately.

Ozzie Newsome's doing damage control though, saying they would've gone after Crabtree regardless. Which they very well might have, they're just as thin as us at WR.

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

was just reading an article out of Baltimore, author made an interesting connection, all was good until the announcement of Crabtree being released, speculation is that team doctors failed him so they could make a run at crabtree instead.   

Why can't we make a run at Crabtree?

1 minute ago, bravo4460 said:

Blah. If he signs here and makes anything near what Moncrief is making I would have much rather just have kept Moncrief.

Obviously don't know much about Grant by his stats aren't good, he just had off-season surgery, and failed a physical with a team willing to pay him. I'm not so sure.

Moncreif vs Grant.

Grant has a much higher catch rate and far fewer drops than Moncreif.  Grants catch rate is 69.2% and Moncreif's is 55.3%.  Only area stat wise where Moncreif was better was in AVG yard per catch, 15.0 vs Grants 12.7. Grant has never missed a game in his 4 yr career, Moncreif has yet to play a full season since 2015. 

I'm not saying we need to sign Grant, but I do say he's a slightly better receiver than Moncreif.

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Maybe they simply had buyers remorse and brought up the ankle issue.

There is some truth here...   poor contract PLUS unexpectedly Michael Crabtree was cut and became available.  The Ravens called him immediately and he jumped on the first flight to Baltimore.

I'll be very curious what we sign Grant for?

And do we sign him to be WR2 or WR3?

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Moncreif vs Grant.

Grant has a much higher catch rate and far fewer drops than Moncreif.  Grants catch rate is 69.2% and Moncreif's is 55.3%.  Only area stat wise where Moncreif was better was in AVG yard per catch, 15.0 vs Grants 12.7. Grant has never missed a game in his 4 yr career, Moncreif has yet to play a full season since 2015. 

I'm not saying we need to sign Grant, but I do say he's a slightly better receiver than Moncreif.

Was that last year or the year before? What were Moncrief's stats for the previous year with Luck? 

17 hours ago, Superman said:

Good heavens...

I might need to check out for a few days.

S'all right... got your back...  ;)

4 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Hmm..... :dunno:

4 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Obviously don't know much about Grant by his stats aren't good, he just had off-season surgery, and failed a physical with a team willing to pay him. I'm not so sure.

Ummm...  ankle might not be the issue.

3 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

He’s never missed a game. Ravens just wanted out of that deal after Crabtree was released. He’s heakthy BUT I get the joke haha

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

That's seems to be the reason. My understanding, he was fully cleared by Dr. Robert Anderson, a well known ortho surgeon specializing in foot and ankle. (yes, for elite athletes of all sports, he was founding member of Foot and Ankle Institute - OrthoCarolina and is now the Green Bay Packers team surgeon)

Wonder what CB will offer?

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Was that last year or the year before? What were Moncrief's stats for the previous year with Luck? 

last year.  2016 wasn't any better for Moncrief, still at a 53.6% catch rate. Rest of the 2016 stats were actually WORSE than 2017 for moncreif.

Ryan Grant visiting Colts, “would be able to play” now

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/16/ryan-grant-visiting-colts-would-be-able-to-play-now/

Wide receiver Ryan Grant‘s deal with the Ravens is off, so he’s headed to visit with a team that used to call Baltimore home.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Grant will visit with the Colts...

...General Manager Ozzie Newsome said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com, that it was strictly a medical decision.

Newsome noted Grant had ankle trouble toward the end of last season, but Grant’s agent Rocky Arceneaux said that Grant has been cleared and that his client has been working out without issue. Arceneaux added that Grant “would be able to play” in a game right now, but he won’t be playing one for the Ravens at any point.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

This isn’t the help TY Hilton needs

Yes, he is. Whenever I saw him, I felt he outplayed 1st round draft pick Josh Doctson, who was good just for a few jump balls. His hands are very good, route running is very good (cough Moncrief), and his catch rate is very good. 

13 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Obviously don't know much about Grant by his stats aren't good, he just had a serious injury, and failed a physical with a team willing to pay him. I'm not so sure.

His 2017 season was his best season had like 45 catches for 573 yards thats better then moncrief tbh

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Oh? do tell? right now we have NOBODY except Rogers and TY,  at this point, a blow up doll would be more help to TY than Moncreif and Aiken 

No I agree he needs!! lmao at blow up doll.

Crabtree, Robinson, Richardson is the help he needs/needed

Edited by Mr.Debonair

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There is some truth here...   poor contract PLUS unexpectedly Michael Crabtree was cut and became available.  The Ravens called him immediately and he jumped on the first flight to Baltimore.

I'll be very curious what we sign Grant for?

And do we sign him to be WR2 or WR3?

Well, I understand money means PT, but I think we have only TY and Chester on the roster, so it may not matter the slotting right now.  I say sign him but don't change our draft plans to look for a possible #2, which I think CB was probably going to do.

If Moncrief got $7 million for 1 year, certainly Grant is worth $6 mill a year on a multi-year deal.

I'm sure CB has already determined what will be available during the draft, so the structure of a deal should reveal some of his thinking.