Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Oline

Coltsfanforlife12

I’m going to say this completely hypothetical based on our presumed interests in players.  But, how would you feel about the starting Oline below?

LT Castanzo

LG Jensen/Mewhort

C Kelly

RG Jensen/Mewhort

RT Fluker

I think we bring Mewhort back on a prove it deal.  Holder tweeted that he’s heard good news on his health.  Thoughts? Does this fix the oline in your opinion?

1 minute ago, Indy1996 said:

Thats his best position he better at tackle then guard cuz he started guard his whole carrer but he is a better tackle then guard

Not true. Has recently been switched to guard from tackle where he started out because he was too slow on the edge at tackle.

20 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

I’m going to say this completely hypothetical based on our presumed interests in players.  But, how would you feel about the starting Oline below?

LT Castanzo

LG Jensen/Mewhort

C Kelly

RG Jensen/Mewhort

RT Fluker

I think we bring Mewhort back on a prove it deal.  Holder tweeted that he’s heard good news on his health.  Thoughts? Does his fix the oline in your opinion?

Good plan

Jensen is a Center
Mewhort is terrible
Fluker is at best a slower, fat guard.
 So, hopefully NO.

Just now, throwing BBZ said:

Good plan

Jensen is a Center
Mewhort is terrible
Fluker is at best a slower, fat guard.
 So, hopefully NO.

Jensen is a guard as well he’s played both positions.  Mewhort isn’t terrible es just been injured.  We’d still add comp for him.  When he’s healthy he is a great olinman that’s why it’s a one year prove it deal with a rookie back up.  Fluker is the one I’m not sure about. 

Upgrade probably needed most at G. Would like to see 1 solid veteran FA starter and 1 round 2 or 3 rookie at the G spots. Would make a world of difference if our QB wasn't dodging rushers up the middle constantly and our RB didn't have to run off tackle or outside or run for his life to gain 3 or more yards.

Like the addition of Jensen or Justin Pugh from the Giants or Jonathan Cooper from Dallas. Don't want Fluker though, just seems too much of an underachiever right now. For depth maybe, as starter not really.

3 hours ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

LT Castanzo

LG Jensen/Mewhort

C Kelly

RG Jensen/Mewhort

RT Fluker

I think we bring Mewhort back on a prove it deal.  Holder tweeted that he’s heard good news on his health.  Thoughts? Does this fix the oline in your opinion?

I would definitely move Fluker to G, and have Jensen/ Mewhort battle it out for a spit next to Castonzo; where Mewhort played his best.  After that, it still feels like there’s missing talent to finish the line at RT.  I’d probably end up trading back with Buffalo and drafting a RT in the 20’s.  I would fill comfortable with that.

3 hours ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

Jensen is a guard as well he’s played both positions.  Mewhort isn’t terrible es just been injured.  We’d still add comp for him.  When he’s healthy he is a great olinman that’s why it’s a one year prove it deal with a rookie back up.  Fluker is the one I’m not sure about. 

Fluker is the one the chargers put in when they ran the ball down our throats a few years back during his rookie season

6 hours ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

LT Castanzo

LG Jensen/Mewhort

C Kelly

RG Jensen/Mewhort

RT Fluker

Colts are trying to get Pugh in for a visit so get rid of fluker and add Pugh somewhere. 

11 minutes ago, austriancolt said:

I never said we would draft him with the 3rd pick. Don't get surprised if the Colts trade back a few spots and still get him...

Your saying we are going draft him over Derrius Guice, Lorenzo Carter and the rest of the 1st round talent

51 minutes ago, Indy1996 said:

Your saying we are going draft him over Derrius Guice, Lorenzo Carter and the rest of the 1st round talent

It would be a smart choice and Nelson is easily Top 5 probably Top 3 talent in this draft. I don't care if some people don't value Guards. The Offensive Line is a mess and Colts can't afford to gamble again by hoping that some average veterans turn things around. And yes there is a real chance Colts drafting Nelson! Protecting Luck has to be Priority Nr. 1 and so far Colts failed to improve the Line

11 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Lol...no it's waaay to early. Plenty of time left to improve the team with depth players. We are on a 6 year rebuild....plenty of time.

Was out of house for over 5 hrs.  Was looking for update as we had 2 players in for a visit.

Agree about the plan.  Only way to build through the draft w/o adding good FAs.  Thank you for the update.

1 hour ago, austriancolt said:

It would be a smart choice and Nelson is easily Top 5 probably Top 3 talent in this draft. I don't care if some people don't value Guards. The Offensive Line is a mess and Colts can't afford to gamble again by hoping that some average veterans turn things around. And yes there is a real chance Colts drafting Nelson! Protecting Luck has to be Priority Nr. 1 and so far Colts failed to improve the Line

If we wont pay $11M for a G when we have $75M, I don't see us spending pick #3 on a G when we only have 3 good picks after that.

11 hours ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

LT Castanzo

LG Jensen/Mewhort

C Kelly

RG Jensen/Mewhort

RT Fluker

Mother fluker!

10 minutes ago, MackAttack said:

I haven't guessed a colts first round pick since we got Andrew. But I'm hoping that changes this year when we draft that beast quenton Nelson. Imo we Need his reinforcements esp without getting norwell or jenson. Make it happen CB

Most have been difficult to figure although I would contend that the Ryan Kelly pick should have been easy to see coming.  All the tea leaves pointed that way leading up to that draft.  

I think what really concerning now is there are very limited options left to strenghten our oline. Like it is quite simply untenable putting Luck out next year behind a line featuring the likes of Vuj, Clark, Haeg, Kalis. Our divisional rivals have Campell, Ngakoue, Fowler, Jackson, Casey, Orakpo, Watt, Mercilus, Clowney, etc. Heck Titans could sign Suh. Like Im not one to over exagerate, but to be frank, its actually dangerous to put Luck back out there behind that line with his injuries. And we have limited options at RB to take the pressure off him.

Ballard simply has to find talent to reinforce that line and protect Luck, he just has to. Look at the end of the day, alot of us want Chubb in the first round, but right now getting a competent oline is the most pressing need, so Nelson may need to be the 1st round pick out of nessecity, and for the sake of prolonging to mid term future of this franchise. If Luck gets 47 sacks like Brissett did last year, it could be the last of him.

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

Most have been difficult to figure although I would contend that the Ryan Kelly pick should have been easy to see coming.  All the tea leaves pointed that way leading up to that draft.  

lol as I remember that year I just gave up and didnt try. I was pleasantly surprised though hopefully he can stay healthy with better guards around him he can be great