Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Ebron to visit Colts Sunday

1959Colts

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

You'd take Swoope over Ebron? Ebron and Doyle on the field with TY would be a huge boost for our offense.

I'm saying we let Swoope show us what he can do for the team and put our FA money elsewhere. Swoope has looked good when healthy.  I think he'll be more than adequate this year.

2 minutes ago, P'Son said:

I'm saying we let Swoope show us what he can do for the team and put our FA money elsewhere. Swoope has looked good when healthy.  I think he'll be more than adequate this year.

I'm not so sure about that. Swoope is alright, and I like him. I just think for a productivity standpoint out of the gate, I'd put my money on Ebron.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/15/report-eric-ebron-slated-to-visit-colts-potentially-patriots-too/

gettyimages-898089382-e1521158908517.jpg
Getty Images

Tight end Eric Ebron is set for a visit with the Panthers on Friday and he reportedly has another visit lined up if he doesn’t strike a deal in Carolina.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Ebron has scheduled a visit with the Colts on Sunday. He’d join Jack Doyle, who led the Colts in receptions with 80 last season, at tight end in Indianapolis.

Schefter adds that Ebron will “potentially” visit the Patriots after that, but there doesn’t appear to be a date set for such a meeting.

25 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I watched Him single handily destroy my Hurricanes when he was at UNC. He still talented! I wouldn't him. 

I am a UNC fan and don't feel bad.  Eric destroyed a lot of college teams when he played at Carolina.  He would be a major upgrade over all our all TE we have other than Jack Doyle.  That is because of Jacks blocking ability.  Eric would be a big fast target for Andrew.

Perusing Lions forums.. 

Their main concerns were drops and attitude (don't know the details on that).  Apparently he has been inconsistent but started coming on in the latter half of last season.  I think they are down on him more than they should be because he was a bust relative to his draft position and who went directly after him.  Still a good player though.

1 minute ago, bananabucket said:

Perusing Lions forums.. 

Their main concerns were drops and attitude (don't know the details on that).  Apparently he has been inconsistent but started coming on in the latter half of last season.  I think they are down on him more than they should be because he was a bust relative to his draft position and who went directly after him.  Still a good player though.

Some felt the same about CF

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Some felt the same about CF

Coby aint the physical specimen that Ebron is though. 

Seems TE's dont really get on well in Detroit - eg: Pettigrew and now Ebron. 

Our offense seemed to lean more so on the TE and hopefully it still will as Reich has shown he knows how to get them involved, with Ertz Celek and Trey.

I actually was hoping we would sign Trey. 

5 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Lol exactly. More flirtations with average talent.

yeah i don’t understand tbh... the kid had 53 catches and 500 something yards lol playing 16 games in 2017 who knows could be i good compliment to JD?

2 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

yeah i don’t understand tbh... the kid had 53 catches and 500 something yards lol playing 16 games in 2017 who knows could be i good compliment to JD?

I'm starting to think Ballard isn't that impressed with this year's free agent class and doesn't see much talent worth investing in other than for building depth.  He wants to draft most of our starters and potential stars. It is going to take awhile for the Colts to be competitive again most likely.  Problem is we are already into Luck's prime years.