Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Silver Calls out Ballard

Zoltan

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I just looked up season ticket seats available. There are 2 seats together available in 3 nose bleed sections (terrace level) and section 101, 109 and 118. If you bother to look for yourself you would have noticed that.

I didnt need to look because i don't care. If there are still tickets left then this idea that there is waiting list is absurd.  You implied people are lined up waiting to buy tickets, that is false. Again if that were the case why would the Colts advertise on local tv as well as social media trying to sell tickets? There is no need to do that if people are lined up on a waiting list just waiting to grab them.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat's response is pretty much my own. Its going to be 0. ZERO. draft picks from 2013/14 on this rooster soon.

At least 5 of those guys should have been key contributors to this team.

But no, 0.

2013 Draft (first 4 picks that year)
Werner: Out of NFL
Thorton: Out of NFL
Holmes: Out of NFL
Hughes: Out of NFL

2014 Draft (first 3 picks this year)
Mewhort: Cant stay healthy, probably wont resign as a Colt
Moncreif: Gone
Newsome: Flashed, now gone to CFL and cant make a team

2015 Draft  (First 5 picks)
Dorsett: Traded
D'Joun Smith: Waived by TN in September last year, not picked back up from what I can tell
Henry Anderson: Probably a good pick, but again injury bug
Geathers: Flashes, injured
David Parry: released by colts in 2017, in IR in NO

2016 Draft (Might as well first 5 as well)
Kelly: Probably going to be good. If not hurt
TJ Green: What has he done?
Ridgeway: Who?
Morrison: LOLOLOL

So please. Please. PLEASE: How in the WORLD is Ballard supposed to just FIX this mess? Since 2013 we have drafted... 2 (Kelly, Anderson)? Maybe 3 (Um... Geathers?)  guys who will get a 2nd contract with the Colts.

14 minutes ago, TheMarine said:

Pat's response is pretty much my own. Its going to be 0. ZERO. draft picks from 2013/14 on this rooster soon.

At least 5 of those guys should have been key contributors to this team.

But no, 0.

2013 Draft (first 4 picks that year)
Werner: Out of NFL
Thorton: Out of NFL
Holmes: Out of NFL
Hughes: Out of NFL

2014 Draft (first 3 picks this year)
Mewhort: Cant stay healthy, probably wont resign as a Colt
Moncreif: Gone
Newsome: Flashed, now gone to CFL and cant make a team

2015 Draft  (First 5 picks)
Dorsett: Traded
D'Joun Smith: Waived by TN in September last year, not picked back up from what I can tell
Henry Anderson: Probably a good pick, but again injury bug
Geathers: Flashes, injured
David Parry: released by colts in 2017, in IR in NO

2016 Draft (Might as well first 5 as well)
Kelly: Probably going to be good. If not hurt
TJ Green: What has he done?
Ridgeway: Who?
Morrison: LOLOLOL

So please. Please. PLEASE: How in the WORLD is Ballard supposed to just FIX this mess? Since 2013 we have drafted... 2 (Kelly, Anderson)? Maybe 3 (Um... Geathers?)  guys who will get a 2nd contract with the Colts.

He starts by trading back this year and acquiring a lot of top round picks to go with our own.  This is the year to get serious about acquiring draft picks and high ones at that to build our team primarily through the draft as he professes. 

1 hour ago, indy1888 said:

I didnt need to look because i don't care. If there are still tickets left then this idea that there is waiting list is absurd.  You implied people are lined up waiting to buy tickets, that is false. Again if that were the case why would the Colts advertise on local tv as well as social media trying to sell tickets? There is no need to do that if people are lined up on a waiting list just waiting to grab them.

Go to the Colts ticket web site and see for yourself.

Yes there are tickets available but the Colts do not sell every seat in LOS as season tickets. The biggest percentage of season tickets are corporate sales. They buy sometimes blocks of seats.

If you look at the income of what the teams makes off percentage you will find out the bigger income comes from food, drink and merchandise.

Indy is one a just a few where the owner of the season tickets have to buy a PSL even to buy season tickets.

For your information there is a waiting list for season tickets and is listed right in here in the Colts forum on the ticket tab.

On 3/15/2018 at 6:04 PM, Zoltan said:

Just some quotes from what he said “I’m just trying to figure it out. Ryan Grigson came in and took over a team that had bottomed out, they won 52 games over 5 years — and got fired. Chris Ballard came in and Jim Irsay declared that he was — by far — the best GM candidate of the 21st century.”

“Now — you have all the money, free agency’s going on — bro, wow us Chris! You’ve won 4 games, wow us with your accumen, because now is the time to spend your owner’s money.”

“If you’re the best GM candidate of the 21st century take the swing, and by the way, we’re also talking about; you had Josh McDaniels lined up as your chosen head coach and you swung and missed at that — you couldn’t close.”

I know that most people are frustrated with no big signings, but Ballard had said don't expect to be wowed in early free agency. But dang I didn't expect Someone to go after Ballard so far and defend Grigson this early in his tenure.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/3/15/17126428/mike-silver-calls-on-chris-ballard-to-wow-us-in-free-agency

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

He starts by trading back this year and acquiring a lot of top round picks to go with our own.  This is the year to get serious about acquiring draft picks and high ones at that to build our team primarily through the draft as he professes. 

Man, I wish we lost that last game of the season so we were sitting at the #2 pick... but regardless, this draft will be very interesting.  Chubb and Q. Nelson both fit positions where we can use major help, but I'm not sure either is worth a 3rd pick (I think Nelson is the most sure-fire guy in this draft, but he's also a G and they don't seem to go in the top 10 often).  If Barkley falls to us, it'd be hard to turn down a once-in-a-generation guy at a position where we could use some help.... the Browns will have a lot of power with picks #1 & #4 and a whole lot of scenarios can play out... that said, trading back and acquiring an extra 2nd 3rd and 4th round pick could be huge for us.  And to be honest, this draft has quite a bit of talent in multiple positions we need help at, the FA class really doesn't look all that great (and many of the better players are on the wrong side of 30).  It isn't like we just won 13 games and lost in the AFCCG where having a 30+ year old on a 1-3 year contract makes sense to push us over the hump... we have a lot of retooling and rebuilding to do.  Unless Ballard thinks we have an absolute stud at #3, it makes a lot of sense to trade back and acquire more picks throughout this draft.

9 hours ago, stitches said:

Is he doing nothing? Or are you slightly exaggerating? Like... you know... turning over about half the roster last year? Are you willing to give him like... a week or two of FA at least before you pronounce he's doing nothing? 

Those are such horrible reactionary takes 24 hours into free agency... absolutely horrible. People should be ashamed for espousing such utter nonsense. 

I agree with you... Ballard has done a LOT since he's been here.  And he's doing it wisely (IMO).  There have not really been any FAs worth targeting who are not aging who are more than fill-ins since he has started.... though, I think Hankins and potentially Simon and Sheard may stick around for a while.

I also think it's pretty clear he is forward-looking.  He drafted and brought in many players which probably fit better in the D scheme we'll run in 2018 than they did in 2017 (Basham, Wilson, Hooker were some of the rookies, and I think Sheard, Mingo, Hunt, Simon, Bostic were some of the FAs).

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

For your information there is a waiting list for season tickets and is listed right in here in the Colts forum on the ticket tab.

There is no waiting list, as i said earlier the Colts can try to make it look like there is, but there isn't.   The waiting list on this forum says it is closed lol. If i wanted season tickets i could have them, and im not on any waiting list.

8 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

There is no waiting list, as i said earlier the Colts can try to make it look like there is, but there isn't.   The waiting list on this forum says it is closed lol. If i wanted season tickets i could have them, and im not on any waiting list.

There is always a small amount of turnover season tickets. You have to get on a waiting list to obtain those tickets that were not renewed. The top of the waiting list gets their pick of the best seats.

Like I said, yes there are season tickets available but most of them are single seats. I listed the areas where there are two seats together in an earlier post. If you want to fork out the big bucks for the good seats that is possible.

We will see how many black outs there are before knowing how many seats are actually available.