Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Jensen Visiting Colts Today

1959Colts

8 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I know Walterfootball.com is not God or anything but there is a massive difference between Rapport saying he could command double digits and Walterfootball basically saying well he was a decent starter but could stand to be upgraded.  

Ryan Jensen could become the NFL’s highest paid center

https://ebonybird.com/2018/03/10/ryan-jensen-become-nfls-highest-paid-center/

.@AlbertBreer of the MMQB: "Ravens center Ryan Jensen has a chance of beating the record $10.34 million average Jags center Brandon Linder is getting"

Ryan Jensen is undoubtedly the Ravens’ top free agent this offseason but his cost may be too much to come back to Baltimore...

...He was the driving force up front and finished as one of the top performing offensive linemen in 2017.

From a primary backup to bonafide starter, Jensen has become not only a top target in Baltimore but around the entire league. The Ravens weren’t justified to tag Jensen for $14M but no further contract negotiations have been reported. As Monday’s tampering period gets closer, re-signing Jensen seems more like a pipe dream.

9 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I know Walterfootball.com is not God or anything but there is a massive difference between Rapport saying he could command double digits and Walterfootball basically saying well he was a decent starter but could stand to be upgraded.  

Apparently they’re one and the same after the past few days! 

1 minute ago, NextGenerationLuck said:

I hope we don’t sign him for more than 8-9 mil a year 

It'll definitely cost $10-$11 million. Also, what's the difference between two million when we have over $70 million in cap space and all the top FA's are gone? It's not like we can go back and sign Norwell now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Rapaport said “he could command double digits” if he does I’m gonna be * we didn’t outbid the jags for Norwell. Would you rather have Jensen for 10-11 or Norwell for 14?

Who is to say that Norwell would have signed here for the same price?  We shouldn't assume that Norwell would have been willing to sign here for the money he signed in Jville. We also do not know how high Jville would have went either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It'll definitely cost $10-$11 million. Also, what's the difference between two million when we have over $70 million in cap space and all the top FA's are gone? It's not like we can go back and sign Norwell now.

14 million is to much for a guard. It’s not like he would’ve fixed the entire line. I wanted Norwell, but 4-5 million is a pretty big difference. Now if the Colts pay Jensen 13 million, then absolutely get angry.

• Like 2

Silberman, that might be spot on ... in fact, for all we know Ballard may have offered equal or more, but simply was turned down by Norwell.  There seems to always be this perception that if we don’t get a guy, that we must’ve simply failed to pony up the kind of dough that the guy signed for.  I think that in a lot of cases, though, it might be more of a case of there were several competing offers all in the same ballpark, but then the player and his agent choose where they most want to go.  Thus, to say Ballard failed because he didn’t get Norwell might in fact be an entirely off base, unfair assessment.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, corgi said:

14 million is to much for a guard. It’s not like he would’ve fixed the entire line. I wanted Norwell, but 4-5 million is a pretty big difference. Now if the Colts pay Jensen 13 million, then absolutely get angry.

I meant the difference between $8-$9 million and $10-$11 million for Jensen. Yes $13 million is probably too much and we would of gotten fleeced. However, I would of been fine paying $14 million for Norwell. He's worth it. You can't put a price on Luck's health any longer.

3 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Silberman, that might be spot on ... in fact, for all we know Ballard may have offered equal or more, but simply being turned down by Norwell.  There seems to always be this perception that if we don’t get a guy, that we must’ve simply failed to pony up the kind of dough that the guy signed for.  I think that in a lot of cases, though, it might be more of a case of there were several competing offers all in the same ballpark, but then the player and his agent choose where they most want to go.  Thus, to say Ballard failed because he didn’t get Norwell might in fact be an entirely off base, unfair assessment.

The problem i have with this theory of Ballard may of offered equal or more is that he missed out on all his early targets. You don't offer equal or more and miss out on all your targets unless something is up like Luck's health is worse than we all think. The more likely scenario is that he had a set price on everyone, he figured he'd get at least 1 or 2 of his guys, and it didn't work out. It's another day though, so lets hope he closes the deal on Jensen.

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I meant the difference between $8-$9 million and $10-$11 million for Jensen. Yes $13 million is probably too much and we would of gotten fleeced. However, I would of been fine paying $14 million for Norwell. He's worth it. You can't put a price on Luck's health any longer.

I agree with the bold part, but like I say, we might have been right there in what was offered, but the Norwell camp simply chose one of the other suitors, not for lack of effort on the part of the Colts. 

19 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The problem i have with this theory of Ballard may of offered equal or more is that he missed out on all his early targets. You don't offer equal or more and miss out on all your targets unless something is up like Luck's health is worse than we all think. The more likely scenario is that he had a set price, he figured he'd get 1 or 2 of his guys, and it didn't work out. It's another day though, so lets hope he closes the deal on Jensen.

Yes, perhaps, but still, just PURE speculation on your part AND my part.  We don’t really know what is actually going on.  Maybe we’re both wrong about it!

I agree with your want for OL enhancement and I agree that it’s time to do whatever it takes, $-wise. The Colts might simply be repeatedly jilted, though.

2 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Yes, perhaps, but still, just PURE speculation on your part AND my part.  We don’t really know what is actually going on.  Maybe we’re both wrong about it!

i agree with you want for OL enhancement and I agree that it’s time to do whatever it takes, $-wise. The Colts might simply be repeatedly jilted, though.

In any case, there was a reason the top guys didn't sign with us. All we can hope for at this point is Jensen signs and it isn't because of Luck's health or Ballard low-balling everyone.

According to Bucs reporters he hasn't left yet.  They are trying to get him signed. I also read where two recently signed guards, I think Kline and Fulton received contracts in the 7-8m range.  Jensen is supposed to be better than both of them.  I think if he gets to Indy Ballard will sign him, he pretty much has to and if it's 10m so be it. Solder just became the highest paid LT in the league.  Next year the Tag numbers are going to really jump especially for OL.  Chris just sign this man. He will be our first piece to rebuilding our line and the money will look small next year.

There are all kinds of “other” considerations that come into play that are well beyond the control of Ballard and the Colts.  I think that more times than not, it is these other considerations that are the cause in not getting a guy.

A hypothetical example, if I am a successful hockey star FA ... and one of the teams hot for my services is the Montreal Canadiens, well, Sorry Hab fans, but I am simply not signing with your team, for the idea of donnng a Habs jersey repulses me to my core.  Ergo, it would not matter how fantastic an offer you make, I am not signing with you.  I WILL, however, not be shy in using the Habs to leverage myself a better deal from a team I’d actually like to play for.

I don’t think we should be so naive as to think the above example does not happen often in the NFL ... and in fact that it is our beloved Colts that are sometimes on the short end of that stick.

• Like 1

Just now, rockywoj said:

There are all kinds of “other” considerations that come into play that are well beyond the control of Ballard and the Colts.  I think that more times than not, it is these other considerations that are the cause in not getting a guy.

A hypothetical example, if I am a successful hockey star FA ... and one of the teams hot for my services is the Montreal Canadiens, well, Sorry Hab fans, but I am simply not signing with your team, for the idea of donnng a Habs jersey repulses me to my core.  Ergo, it would not matter how fantastic an offer you make, I am not signing with you.  I WILL, however, not be shy in using the Habs to leverage myself a better deal from a team I’d actually like to play for.

I don’t think we should be so naive as to think the above example does not happen often in the NFL ... and in fact that it is our beloved Colts that are sometimes on the short end of that stick.

I don't know anything about hockey, so I literally have no idea what you are talking about lol.

40 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Rapaport said “he could command double digits” if he does I’m gonna be * we didn’t outbid the jags for Norwell. Would you rather have Jensen for 10-11 or Norwell for 14?

How do you know how much we offered?  We could well have offered the same or even more for Norwell but the fact that Florida has no state taxes and the potential for "win now" there is much better than here.  I could see him making that call.

We really have no idea what went down with Norwell and so I have no issue paying what is currently the going rate for a solid starting guard to come in and protect Luck if that is the way we go.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So the Canadiens are the Colts, and the Habs are the Pats? I think I get it.

Canadiens and Habs are synonymous.  I dislike them to the Core.  Ergo, Canadiens/Habs are Patriots/Pats, in the example.

To Norwell, we might simply be that team he doesn’t want to play for, so there might just have been nothing we could’ve done to actually convince him to come to the Colts.

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

According to Bucs reporters he hasn't left yet.  They are trying to get him signed. I also read where two recently signed guards, I think Kline and Fulton received contracts in the 7-8m range.  Jensen is supposed to be better than both of them.  I think if he gets to Indy Ballard will sign him, he pretty much has to and if it's 10m so be it. Solder just became the highest paid LT in the league.  Next year the Tag numbers are going to really jump especially for OL.  Chris just sign this man. He will be our first piece to rebuilding our line and the money will look small next year.

He did leave go and look on his twitter