Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mingo to Seattle (Merge)

Shive

Hmmm?

Thought we were interested in keeping him....

Disappointing.

Edit note:   Just read the tweet which has details....    2 years and 10 million dollars!!   Wow,  if that isn't starter money, they certainly plan to use him a lot situationally!    Wowza!

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hmmm?

Thought we were interested in keeping him....

Disappointing.

Edit note:   Just read the tweet which has details....    2 years and 10 million dollars!!   Wow,  if that isn't starter money, they certainly plan to use him a lot situationally!    Wowza!

Yeah. Kind of a bummer.

I think it is actually 2 years 6.8 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/14/seahawks-add-barkevious-mingo/

I have a feeling Pete will finally get Mingo to reach his full potential. I think Mingo has been playing the wrong position for a long time. 

6 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Yeah. Kind of a bummer.

I think it is actually 2 years 6.8 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/14/seahawks-add-barkevious-mingo/

I have a feeling Pete will finally get Mingo to reach his full potential. I think Mingo has been playing the wrong position for a long time. 

Hmmm?

Different reporter, very different numbers...

Rappaport saying $10.1 mill for two years.   Don't know why the descrepency,  but I guess we'll find out soon enough....

1 minute ago, esmort said:

I was hoping to keep him. 

I am getting curious to see what Ballards overall plan will look like. 

I'm curious as well. Ballard signed Mingo, a young player with potential. He performed decently, then Ballard does not re-sign him, Yet, this process is called a re-build. I'm not sure how we can rebuild if we aren't retaining these young guys and allowing them to develop. 

Same goes for Desir and Melvin. They performed well and in return, the are allowed to test the FA market. We're not rebuilding, just reshuffling guys at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Luck 4 president said:

I’m just afraid we won’t match his offers. We’re certainly able to, we just won’t. I think him and Mewhort would have been inexpensive had we resigned them weeks ago. I think Melvin gets $10M+ and Mewhort $4M+

i hear the raiders might be interested in him and after we took one of there best player today i wouldn't be surprised if they take ours

Only reason Mingo and Dion Jordon continue to get chances is because they were former 1st round picks.

Otherwise, based on play alone, both are jokes.

Essentially a loss of a 2nd-3rd string 3-4 OLB, won't be needing him for our scheme now. Especially at $5 million a year.

This year's FA has the most outrageous overpays.

Jerick McKinnon - 570 rushing yards, backup change-of-pace back ala Dominic Rhodes at best... $7.5 million a year. LOL.

Maybe worth 7.5 million toothpicks.

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Mingo was ok in his limited pt. Showed some athleticism and potential. And bringing him back wouldn't have 'broke the bank'. It was just a few mil.

I read 2-years and 10 million...

Another link showed roughly 2 years and 6.5 mill.    

Either way, it's a good chunk of change..  a fair amount of money, for a backup..

Ballard signed him and knows who he is.. and he let him go without a better offer.  I'm trusting Ballard on this..

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Are you ok?

Seriously.....   this is...   bizarre.

Not that bizarre lol. Ok maybe not 0-16.

But I'd have to say as of right this minute, i know it's still early, but at this moment we may be in the running of the 1st pick in 2019 Draft.

The Browns, giants, 49ers are all better talent than us. How many teams do you think have lesa talent than colts?

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I read 2-years and 10 million...

Another link showed roughly 2 years and 6.5 mill.    

Either way, it's a good chunk of change..  a fair amount of money, for a backup..

Ballard signed him and knows who he is.. and he let him go without a better offer.  I'm trusting Ballard on this..

Actually at todays FA salaries its more like chump change.

And I trust Pete Carroll a whole lot more than ballard.

39 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Not that bizarre lol. Ok maybe not 0-16.

But I'd have to say as of right this minute, i know it's still early, but at this moment we may be in the running of the 1st pick in 2019 Draft.

The Browns, giants, 49ers are all better talent than us. How many teams do you think have lesa talent than colts?

That's as of.....   this minute.

And not to be glib, but,  who cares?

This minute means very little.   The only minute tha matters us early September when the season starts.

Everything else is white noise...   ignore it.

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That's as of.....   this minute.

And not to be glib, but,  who cares?

This minute means very little.   The only minute tha matters us early September when the season starts.

Everything else is white noise...   ignore it.

How much talent you think is left in FA? 

Yeah enough to fill the roster BUT how many difference makers, game changers. Enough to narrow gap in the talent our division rivals have over us?

The gap from a talent standpoint, which already was significant will be wider when September comes around.

38 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yeah enough to fill the roster BUT how many difference makers, game changers. Enough to narrow gap in the talent our division rivals have over us?

The gap from a talent standpoint, which already was significant will be wider when September comes around.

:Cry:

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I've gone through all the lists....   there is plenty of talent left.   Plenty.

And most of the difference makers and game changers will come in the draft.

You're not building the team in free agency.   You're filling gaps and plugging holes.   The real difference makers in free agency cost too much and often don't give you enough bang for the buck.

That's why Ballard made the comment about not spending premium money on guys who are not really premium players.   In FA guys get over paid.   Ballard is trying to avoid that if he can.

There are still plenty of players left to buy...   let's see what happens in the next 5-7 days..