Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why do I keep seeing reports about the Colts and Ndamukong Suh being a good fit? (merge)

5 minutes ago, will426 said:

31 isn’t really that old for a DT I think and he’s also never had any major injuries (not sure if he’s missed many games at all) and he’s still one of the top defensive players 

Exactly...He can be very good for another 4 years, maybe longer and will significantly improve our defense...Eagles are proof of what a rotation of good defensive lineman can do..

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

@Superman what is your thoughts on Devante Parker. 6’3 4.45 40 out of Louisville a couple years ago. He has had some injury concerns but he looks the odd man out in Miami...not sure the compensation but seems like a faster taller Alshon Jefferies. Thoughts?

Where are you thinking he will be out in Miami? If we could get him i would be so happy he's awesome the best WR on the dolphins imo 

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

So please explain you cup is half full colt fan, What culture do the colts now have?

I really am curious.

They have been preaching culture for last 7 years and we keep getting WORSE..I wanna win, not 5 years from now, I want a Healthy Luck to at least have a punchers chance and not to continue to waste years..

32 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

How many times has Ballard said that he'svery focused on how sogmomgs will affect the locker room? Suh would be a complete and total reversal of what he's been preaching. Miami let him go in order to facilitate a culture change. This does NOT seem like something Ballard would go for (and honestly I would agree with him here)

He was cut for cap reasons and only for cap space.  As far as I know he has been a good locker room guy in Miami. I have read nothing to the contrary.  It would be great to have an intimidating three down player again on the DL like Gino Marchetti, Art Donovan, and Bubba Smith from the old days. Those guys were nasty players and great Colts.  I would welcome him with open arms. 

36 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

No way are we interested. Jags, Rams ,Titans or maybe Texans will sign him. Those teams are trying to get better. We are content with being mediocre at best.

Ah yes. The Jags Texans Titans and Rams. Those are the types of franchises we should strive to be like.

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Lol, What culture do the colts now have?

Finishing in the cellar ?

Damn right. I'm with you! I need a good explanation on this doesn't fit the culture stuff. N. Suh plays hard every snap. I haven't heard anybody accuse him of dirty play in quite some time. Guy is as durable as can be. Haven't heard his own team mates speak down on him. Guy has no off field drama. What part of our culture does he not fit?

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

He was cut for cap reasons and only for cap space.  As far as I know he has been a good locker room guy in Miami. I have read nothing to the contrary.  It would be great to have an intimidating three down player again on the DL like Gino Marchetti, Art Donovan, and Bubba Smith from the old days. Those guys were nasty players and great Colts.  I would welcome him with open arms. 

I'd welcome him too.  We need his nastiness.  Just don't think Ballard pulls the trigger.

1 minute ago, SilentHill said:

I think this article is a complete facade. Suh is a locker room cancer, 100% does not fit what Ballard is preaching.

I'm not for signing  Suh but what proof do you have of this locker room cancer story?

He's a good fit for the defense. Still a productive player at age 31, and if the Colts could add Suh to their defensive line, they'd boast one of the stronger fronts in all of Football. Or at least they'd have a part of their defense that they could call a "strength".

But again, I question the culture aspect of it. I don't buy the whole 'locker room cancer' thing. He's just kinda a hot headed * sometimes. I don't know if Ballard would want that. But I'm sure he knows what he doing. We'll see.

24 minutes ago, krunk said:

A whole bunch of people thought Rodney Harrison was a dirty player but that never stopped the Pats from signing him. Only thing I have pause with on Suh is the money. Contract needs to be short also.

Yeah I agree money isn't a huge issue, but the years and guaranteed dollars is. Anything more than 3 years is too much. And it should be front loaded.

Which is why I doubt it gets done. When Suh signed with Miami in 2015, he said 'money was the most important factor'. Some team that isn't the Colts will probably offer more and he'll go there. 

4 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

He's a good fit for the defense. Still a productive player at age 31, and if the Colts could add Suh to their defensive line, they'd boast one of the stronger fronts in all of Football. Or at least they'd have a part of their defense that they could call a "strength".

But again, I question the culture aspect of it. I don't buy the whole 'locker room cancer' thing. He's just kinda a hot headed * sometimes. I don't know if Ballard would want that. But I'm sure he knows what he doing. We'll see.

Yeah I agree money isn't a huge issue, but the years and guaranteed dollars is. Anything more than 3 years is too much. And it should be front loaded.

Which is why I doubt it gets done. When Suh signed with Miami in 2015, he said 'money was the most important factor'. Some team that isn't the Colts will probably offer more and he'll go there. 

Yeah, because he's 31 more than 3 years wouldn't make sense. 

Lurking = gauging the market to see if teams will overpay for his services.  32 teams are “Lurking”! I will say adding Suh makes our DL top 10 in NFL if not top 5.  Win the trenches & every other hole does not get exposed!  2yr 25 Mil, sign the OL from Ravens, trade back & draft Nelson plus extra 1st or 2nd rd’r for cb/lb help & all of a sudden we’re talking playoffs with what we have!  That leaves us with plenty of $$ w/o breaking the bank to shore up what we didn’t draft!  One more note, Jordy Nelson will give Andrew a ligit Vet presence at WR since Reggie that I fear will be overlooked.  It all starts with Suh.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

id luv to see a Chubb, Hankins, Suh, Sheard lineup. Not quite sure it will happen, but if Ballard has any real interest I'd be down for Suh if the deal can be done sensibly.

I agree, if you can bring in a talent like Suh, you do it. Haven't fully decided on Chubb, but that DL lools mightt nice.

Back to Suh

Got to be at the right price though.

3yrs 42m (yr1-$18m($6m RB), yr2/yr3-$12m) $24m guaranteed yr1+$6m of 2019 Salary.

Not sure if a deal like that would get it done, but I would be down. Wouldn't go over $17m/yr though.

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

Suh is 31...not really a building block.  Would be fine with the signing, but it would a great signing if the colts were a contending team.

DT's are often in their prime in their late 20's, early 30's.

49 minutes ago, Gocolts-Rolltide said:

Maybe that's why we need him... a team full of "horseshoe guys" got us 4-12 with 3rd pick in the draft lol... with that being said he's not coming here

No. Years of terrible drafting, bad FA signings, mediocre coaching, and an injured Andrew Luck got us 4-12. Ballard has made it known that he's after a certain type of player in FA. He wants hungry players that are chasing greatness, not thinking they've arrived.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

DT's are often in their prime in their late 20's, early 30's.

No. Years of terrible drafting, bad FA signings, mediocre coaching, and an injured Andrew Luck got us 4-12. Ballard has made it known that he's after a certain type of player in FA. He wants hungry players that are chasing greatness, not thinking they've arrived.

:agree:

People in this thread who are offering ideas for a Suh contract are either offering way too much -- as if Suh us still a stud.   He's not.

Or they're offering way too little, as if we have all the leverage and Suh will be desperate.   He's not.

I think his yearly numbers with Miami were around 15/16 mill per or so.    I think those days are over.    I think the value for him would now be around 10-12 Mill per.   Not predicting that's what he'll get,  only that's where my comfort level would be.

Less than where he was...    but still 8-figures a year.   This will be fun to watch. 

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

People in this thread who are offering ideas for a Suh contract are either offering way too much -- as if Suh us still a stud.   He's not.

Or they're offering way too little, as if we have all the leverage and Suh will be desperate.   He's not.

I think his yearly numbers with Miami were around 15/16 mill per or so.    I think those days are over.    I think the value for him would now be around 10-12 Mill per.   Not predicting that's what he'll get,  only that's where my comfort level would be.

Less than where he was...    but still 8-figures a year.   This will be fun to watch. 

Agreed.  He has some PR baggage, is not young anymore, and never was a real pass rush/sack threat.  I'd be comfortable at 10 to 14 over 3 years.

He's 31.  He'll want a contract to carry him to at least 34.

I think we need this.....since we missed out on the position players, i think we go strong on the lines.  Actually suhs stats arent bad.  4th best dt since 2010 stat wise.  I think he would really solidify our line.  If we get him and add chubb(if he is there) then we would have a hell of a line.  If chubb is not there and barkley gone, i say u trade back and get nelson.  Nelson, hopefully jensen, kelly, and costanzo up front would be nice a nice 4.  If u think chubb wii be there u take him though and maybe look at signing pugh.

1 minute ago, Irsay420 said:

Wasn't corey simon healthy when we got him

Yeah and I can see the comparison's but Suh has been durable for a long time. Maybe it would be a gamble but I would risk it for 3 years. To be any good in this league you have to spend money and take risks. Some pay off, some don't. Simon didn't.

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Or they're offering way too little, as if we have all the leverage and Suh will be desperate.  

2yr/25!! Sign OL Jensen, draft Q Nelson & Poof you have a top 10 OL/DL which are the 2 most important areas of an NFL team.  Side bonus is we gain an extra high pick or two for trading down & drafting Q Nelson which I feel can be the MVP(ick) for this team!  Barks/Chubb is sexy pick but Q Nelson can give this team a bigger boost IMO.  I watched him play his entire career at SB being from this area & he checks ALL the boxes to be DOMINANT at the NFL level.  Some are calling him the best of the 2018 draft overall & just so happens to be our biggest weakness.  

#winthetrenchesforthewin

Suh Hankins

Jensen Kelly Q. Nelson