Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Merge] Colts Sign Denico Autry

Virtuoso80

• 9 months later...

Major props to these posters for their vision.......... (sorry, but only quoted the ones that were small in content)

On 3/14/2018 at 1:25 PM, COLTS449 said:

Solid signing. He had 5 sacks this year and is versatile. Wonder where he lines up with us ??? DE ?

On 3/14/2018 at 1:36 PM, BlueCollarColts said:

5 sacks as a reserve lineman is pretty damn good IMO. I like it.

On 3/14/2018 at 2:05 PM, richard pallo said:

I read he will be playing DE opposite Sheard.   If this isn't a typical Ballard signing I don't know what is.  No one saw this coming and he looks very promising.  And he's the very first signing.  Expecting more of the same kind of profiling in our future signing. 

On 3/14/2018 at 3:04 PM, OffensivelyPC said:

This is a good sign for the money. I would expect more than a situational rusher. He certainly doesnt change draft day plans.

On 3/14/2018 at 8:09 PM, rock8591 said:

I like the signing.

16 games, 3 starts.

36 tackles, 5 sacks.

Give him 16 games and starts, stats would probably look more like 45 tackles, 8 sacks.

Which is a steal in FA for a 1 year $6 million deal essentially, compared with how salaries in this FA period has gone so far.

• Like 3

On 3/14/2018 at 4:16 PM, Southside Hoosier Fan said:

Quite underwhelming and appears we didn't even do it right and filed paperwork incorrectly.

He still under whelming you?

On 3/14/2018 at 4:45 PM, MacDee1975 said:

Seems like a very good signing to me from what i'm reading.

And i'm sure if we're in November and he has 7 sacks, alot of people will be like "Yeah, but his paperwork was filed to the wrong office last March."

Ain’t that the truth hahaha

On 3/14/2018 at 7:44 PM, P'Son said:

Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard of this guy.  When I think of good free agent signing guidelines, the first requisite is that you have to have heard of the player.  How many of you can say you've heard of this man?  Ballard better show me something soon or he'll be Grigson2.

I think Ballard has proven that wrong now...

On 3/14/2018 at 9:54 PM, Freenyfan102 said:

We signed Camp Fodder for the meat grinder and not even worth Toilet paper money i whip with.

On 3/14/2018 at 10:00 PM, Freenyfan102 said:

Yeah 5 sack we can go from dead last from pressure on the QB to 30 what an improvement. Oh look luck getting sacked again.

Still feel the same way?

• Like 9

8 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

Not many people were jumping out of their seats for this signing. Glad it worked out for us though! Denico is a monster!

Autry has been a very nice pick up for this specific defense. He is certainly worth his contract so far. 

On 12/16/2018 at 5:33 PM, csmopar said:

He still under whelming you?

Ain’t that the truth hahaha

I think Ballard has proven that wrong now...

Still feel the same way?

Thanks for bringing back a thread that includes commentary I made that actually presents me in a good light.  

Now please don't uncover the absolute myriad of comments that I whiffed on.

• Like 1