Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos intend to sign Case Keenum on Wednesday

Superman

Actually works out fairly well for us. Means cousins is likely legitimately down to the Vikings, Jets and Cardinals. 

If if so I’m pulling for the Vikings. That’d leave the jets, bills, cardinals, possibly dolphins and possibly broncos (they cannot see Keenum as the legit long term answer there in my opinion) all still wanting a QB and hopefully giving us better offers for 1.03

that said, if Denver really signs Keenum and doesn’t take a QB in the top 5 then Elway is on thin ice if he can’t make this pan out. 

4 hours ago, TomDiggs said:

Actually works out fairly well for us. Means cousins is likely legitimately down to the Vikings, Jets and Cardinals. 

If if so I’m pulling for the Vikings. That’d leave the jets, bills, cardinals, possibly dolphins and possibly broncos (they cannot see Keenum as the legit long term answer there in my opinion) all still wanting a QB and hopefully giving us better offers for 1.03

that said, if Denver really signs Keenum and doesn’t take a QB in the top 5 then Elway is on thin ice if he can’t make this pan out. 

If Kirk is serious about the $30 mil, Denver didn't have it....Minnesota is perfect for him

One thing for Denver. You don't do what the Bears did....Sign a free agent QB AND then draft a QB in the first round to undercut him immediately.    They still have Chad Kelly who didn't play at all last year.

Where would he fit in among he QBs in this draft?

I think Denver needs the ND guard Nelson..and if he's not available, they trade down, maybe with Buffalo

He is not winning over the fan base but it's a realistic option if he knew he would have to gut the team to land Cousins. I don't think Cousins was a real option there on the salary he would need. His poor qb drafting put him where he is. They still have young qbs in Lynch and Kelly that they may still be able to salvage. I would think OL and CB will be high on their list of priorities at 5 when they draft.

makes them unlikely to trade for our pick now.  hopefully the jets dont find a QB so we can still get a good trade

i dont think we should move back too far in the draft, unless a team outside the top 10 wants to give up a huge haul of picks including at least one future first. 

The fact that they even participated in an offer for Tyrod Taylor was proof they were not confident about landing Kirk Cousins. So, this move does not surprise me.

Yes, more is riding on Case for Elway than Case himself.

Clearly, Case is a temporary bridge until Elway lands either Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield in the draft. 

Paxton Lynch must really suck if Keenum is the Broncos best option right now. 

Maybe Elway thinks that Keenum can be a poor man's Jake Plummer on bootlegs & roll outs moving the pocket.