Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What if Denver calls?

oldunclemark

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why? It could get us an extra pick and we could still have a real high pick.

I personally wouldn't be against it I just don't see the Colts being gungho about helping Elway.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

No it dont..... I wouldn't lift a finger to help him get his 'franchise qb'. In '73 when we drafted a 'franchise qb' (him) he refused to play for us. 

There will be other teams to trade down with I'm sure. 

Lol

It was 1983

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

Bob Irsay was a horrible owner....Elway did the smart thing.

I agree. I don't think elway himself made the decision. It was probably a collaboration of his dad and the league.

But whatever the reason, that decision helped the colts become a doormat & laughing stock for the better part of 2 decades till Peyton fell into our laps.

On 3/9/2018 at 9:54 PM, bravo4460 said:

There is a very real possibility that the Colts don't get Barkley or B.Chubb.

If those two are gone it's almost guaranteed that they will trade back.

They would be foolish not too at that point.  They have the next pick with all the QBs on the board.  They would get more value trading back 1 to 4 spots and still getting maybe the next guy on their board plus extra picks.  

On 3/9/2018 at 10:47 PM, #12. said:

@ColtsBlueFL

Not sold. 

How many times in recent memory would Chubb have been the first pass rusher off the off the board?

People seem to like the idea of Chubb more than Chubb himself.

Most years he’s viewed as one of the top five overall prospects in this draft by most people who rate that sort of thing and a large number of those people have him in the top three.

14 hours ago, CF4L said:

I don't see the Colts wanting to deal with the Broncos.

Well mostly Irsay not wanting to deal with the Broncos.

The Colts have traded with the Patriots before on draft day.  If it’s best for the Colts Irsay isn’t going to care who the Colts trade with.

9 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I agree. I don't think elway himself made the decision. It was probably a collaboration of his dad and the league.

But whatever the reason, that decision helped the colts become a doormat & laughing stock for the better part of 2 decades till Peyton fell into our laps.

Had Elway stayed and had a great career we would've never not got Peyton so Elway not coming here can be looked at as a positive thing too. Peyton was better than Elway and I enjoyed watching him more with the way he commanded the field. Things happen for a reason, the Football Gods landed us Peyton because we had the #1 pick in the 98 Draft, maybe that was a makeup for Elway dissing us??

11 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes but the Broncos have a pick that could still net the Colts a stud player.  The Bills picks are both in the 20’s.  

Bills would have to include next yrs #1 in the package

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Had Elway stayed and had a great career we would've never not got Peyton so Elway not coming here can be looked at as a positive thing too. Peyton was better than Elway and I enjoyed watching him more with the way he commanded the field. Things happen for a reason, the Football Gods landed us Peyton because we had the #1 pick in the 98 Draft, maybe that was a makeup for Elway dissing us??

But then Peyton went to Denver and did well there too so really Elway benefitted from that move as well.

Its life after Peyton that's been rough for him at this point in time.

18 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Colts have traded with the Patriots before on draft day.  If it’s best for the Colts Irsay isn’t going to care who the Colts trade with.

Yes and they also dealt with them when it came to the McDaniels debacle. Ideally it shouldn't matter but its not always ideal.

I think after that they would be gunshy. 

2 minutes ago, CF4L said:

But then Peyton went to Denver and did well there too so really Elway benefitted from that move as well.

Its life after Peyton that's been rough for him at this point in time.

Denver will never win another SB again IMO with that core they have. Once Peyton left they have been garbage haha. Yeah how has Von Miller and that D been since Peyton has left? Answer = suck city. I think Von Miller thought it would be easy because of having a Great Defense lmao. No it doesn't work that way and I got news for Von and Johnny Elway had Peyton not been there they lose to NE with stinky Brock.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Denver will never win another SB again IMO with that core they have. Once Peyton left they have been garbage haha. Yeah how has Von Miller and that D been since Peyton has left? Answer = suck city. I think Von Miller thought it would be easy because of having a Great Defense lmao. No it doesn't work that way and I got news for Von and Johnny Elway had Peyton not been there they lose to NE with stinky Brock.

I think people forget how much Demarcus Ware helped. He took pressure off of Von Miller he doesn't have that now.

Peyton was a shell of himself physically but he could still read a defense. Something none of the current Denver QBs can.

3 minutes ago, CF4L said:

I think people forget how much Demarcus Ware helped. He took pressure off of Von Miller he doesn't have that now.

Peyton was a shell of himself physically but he could still read a defense. Something none of the current Denver QBs can.

I actually visited the Broncos fan Site during their Playoff run. They thought they could win that SB with any QB and wanted Peyton gone. Even guys like Von and Talib acted that way. The way they were all acting is they could win the SB again lmao . I am no professional but knew without Peyton they wouldn't win it and would suck afterwords. People say, well Peyton had a noddle arm and wasn't Peyton. NO NO, he played Good against the Pats and was smarter than everyone. The Patriots would've beat the Broncos by at least 10 in the AFC Title Game in 2015 without Peyton. If anyone thinks otherwise than they need to check their IQ or they are just a Peyton hater. I wont let it go because to discredit Peyton for that SB run is ridiculous. Osweiler would've crapped his Playoff diaper.

On 3/10/2018 at 2:20 AM, NewColtsFan said:

The thinking is....   Ballard wants to trade back...   collect lots of extra draft picks and still get a player he values highly....

More draft picks might mean a faster turnaround than perhaps one great impact player like Chubb.

That would be the line of thought...   and Ballard is everywhere saying he's open for business and ready to trade down for the right offer(s).

But there won't be a top flight pass rusher in that group of extra picks.  After  Chubb is a large chasm... then the likes of Marcus Davenport, Arden Key, etc... then another chasm...   etc...

10 hours ago, runthepost said:

That’s why you are not a gm :sarcasm:

And I take it that you are the gm of the..........Cleveland Browns got it. There is nothing wrong with drafting the best olinemen in the draft. Considering that you havent seen Andrew Luck throw a football in nearly 2 years. I guess you forgot about that, and that Jack Mewhort is a free agent. ohhhhhhhhh.

48 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

But there won't be a top flight pass rusher in that group of extra picks.  After  Chubb is a large chasm... then the likes of Marcus Davenport, Arden Key, etc... then another chasm...   etc...

Well....    Davenport in the middle of the first round....    the others,  I see in the last third of the first round and the rest at the top of the 2nd.     That said,  would Ballard be willing to miss-out on Chubb if the right offer comes along?    Maybe. But if Chubb is taken before the Colts pick,  then the choice is no longer Ballard's.     Hey,  maybe Ballard is one of those GM's who subscribes to the change of direction testing that Chubb did poorly in?    Who knows?    I think it all depends on who is available and who Ballard wants (maybe it's Nelson?)  and how good the offer to trade back really is?

I'd consider it. It's real possible we could trade back with Denver and still get Chubb. We trade back from 3 to 5. We get Denver's 2nd and 3rd RD picks. 1-4 is Barkley, Darnold, Rosen, Allen... We get Chubb and have 2 2nds and 2 3rd's to grab a RB, G, LB, WR in some order.

10 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

And I take it that you are the gm of the..........Cleveland Browns got it. There is nothing wrong with drafting the best olinemen in the draft. Considering that you havent seen Andrew Luck throw a football in nearly 2 years. I guess you forgot about that, and that Jack Mewhort is a free agent. ohhhhhhhhh.

You see I said sarcasm right?

On 3/9/2018 at 9:01 PM, #12. said:

Even if Chubb is available, I suspect  they are trading back.  

They could probably still get Chubb at 5 after trading back with Denver so I'm all for doing that. The Giants would be foolish to draft a DE at 2 with their needs at QB, RB, and OL. 

On 3/9/2018 at 9:42 PM, #12. said:

If he becomes a Colt, I hope I am wrong, but I don't see it.  Who is the Chubb comparison?  Again, people seem to like the idea of Chubb more than Chubb himself.

Could Chubb be a solid-to-good player?  Sure. Is he Von Miller?  Absolutely not.  Do an A B with Von Miller's college tape...  Day and night.

Who is Chubb?   Great question, but in a few years, if Chubb is drafted top 3, I'm guessing #3 will appear to be overdrafted. 

I think his ceiling is Jadeveon Clowney, and that's very good, but I'm not quite sure he's as "NFL-ready" as a lot of people are making him out to be.

8 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

I will never trade down if i am getting a player i rather get pics

In this scenario we swap 1sts. and receive their 2nd. along with ER Shane Ray who was their 1st pick in 2015. He took D. Wares spot when he retired and played well with a wrist injury he suffered early in camp last year and eventually went to IR because of it.  Ray is a very good player with plenty of upside.  If we could pry him loose he would be a great addition and starter. 

4 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

I supported my statement with facts, why are you against Nelson and for Chubb.

I think you are too young for this site if you did not see my sarcasms emoji in my previous message. I never said we do not need Chubb or Nelson nor did I say I was against them...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

In this scenario we swap 1sts. and receive their 2nd. along with ER Shane Ray who was their 1st pick in 2015. He took D. Wares spot when he retired and played well with a wrist injury he suffered early in camp last year and eventually went to IR because of it.  Ray is a very good player with plenty of upside.  If we could pry him loose he would be a great addition and starter. 

so we wont sign mewhort who is injure last two year but we will trade down for Ray who is also injured

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually visited the Broncos fan Site during their Playoff run. They thought they could win that SB with any QB and wanted Peyton gone. Even guys like Von and Talib acted that way. The way they were all acting is they could win the SB again lmao . I am no professional but knew without Peyton they wouldn't win it and would suck afterwords. People say, well Peyton had a noddle arm and wasn't Peyton. NO NO, he played Good against the Pats and was smarter than everyone. The Patriots would've beat the Broncos by at least 10 in the AFC Title Game in 2015 without Peyton. If anyone thinks otherwise than they need to check their IQ or they are just a Peyton hater. I wont let it go because to discredit Peyton for that SB run is ridiculous. Osweiler would've crapped his Playoff diaper.

No different than what I read around these parts when it came to Manning

1 hour ago, Freenyfan102 said:

so we wont sign mewhort who is injure last two year but we will trade down for Ray who is also injured

Ray's wrist injury was minor but aggravating and he's recovered and ready to go now.  Mewhort's were much more serious.  But I think Mewhort has also recovered and I would sign him too.  If Mewhort's recovered he's better than Haag, Vuj, Clark and a few others.  I wouldn't be surprised if we did resign him.