Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyrod Taylor News (as it relates to the Colts)

chrisfarley

19 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

Browns now have Tyrod, that answers the question whether they will take Barkley once and for all, correct?  Does that mean Giants might snag Chubb or will they take a QB?

They could be using Taylor as a bridge Qb, which would mean they will still take a Qb.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/9/2018 at 4:09 PM, Boiler_Colt said:

Giants could be in the drivers seat to trade back if they don't like any of the QB's.

I still wish we lost week 17... the way this draft looks (with 3-4 first round QB talents and 8+ teams in need of a QB), we'd be in a much better place at 2 than we are at 3.

On 3/9/2018 at 4:15 PM, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

I don't think this means they won't draft a QB #1 overall. Taylor might just be the starter so the rookie they draft isn't thrown into the fire, no?

I agree... Tyrod Taylor is an average NFL QB, not a franchise guy.

On 3/9/2018 at 4:29 PM, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

If there's one guy they like above the rest, I don't think they're going to risk it. They've already screwed themselves plenty of times not getting their franchise QB 

I mean all of this is me trying to cope with it, deep down hoping we have a chance at Barkley lol

They also acquired Jarvis Landry.  With a healthy Landry and a sober Josh 'Flash' Gordon, I'd argue they have the best WR duo in the league (at least top 3)... with those two WRs, they'll want a QB with a cannon for an arm... Josh Allen has that.

On 3/9/2018 at 5:07 PM, jblastick said:

I think you’re spot on.  Yes there are plenty of QB options at 4 but they’re not interchangeable parts.  There is a ton of due diligence done on these players and they come up with a hierarchy.  If the Browns LOVE a QB they’re not going to chance it.  Trading Kizer almost makes it a sure thing they go QB in round 1.  Let him sit while Tyrod plays a year or 2.  Makes me think Allen as he’s probably the least pro ready.

Makes me think they'll go with Allen, too.... as I mention above, he's the best QB fit for the dynamic WRs the Browns have and he could likely use a year or 2 to develop.

That said, I watch every WY game (I'm a grad student at UWYO), and I think Allen may be more pro-ready than many think.. he plays in a more pro-style offense than the other 3 guys people are talking about as top QBs... same system Wentz played in under Craig Bohl at NDSU before Bohl moved to UWYO.

A lot of people don't mention Allen's sophomore season he had Tanner Gentry (6'2" WR who made the Bears' 53), Jacob Hollister (big TE who mad that Pats' 53), Brian Hill (UWYO's all-time leading rusher, who made the Falcons' 53) and Chase Roullier (who started 7 games at C for Washington).

He was a more effective decision-maker as a junior, and threw less picks although is completion percentage went down.  I think a lot of that was due to a loss of 4 critical pieces to the NFL without being replaced by similar talent (we had a freshman RB, our best WR was a 5'9" sophomore, no NFL caliber TE, etc..).  His passing yards went down, but he also missed 2 games to injury -- which, I think was a blessing in disguise for him... he lead the team to 8 wins in a pretty tough Mountain West division... the week after he got hurt, we got spanked by 1-11 San Jose State, which showed how little talent we actually had surrounding Allen.  Then he came back an lit it up in the Potato Bowl.

The more I think, the more it seems like Allen is the Browns' guy.

On 3/9/2018 at 7:26 PM, 1959Colts said:

Buffalo accumulating picks to trade up for QB

Their biggest problem is both of their first rounders are in the 20s.  It would take ALOT to move up there to the top 10 to get one of the QBs, espcially with so many QB hungry teams picking right after the Colts pick.  They would need someone to fall which isn’t out of the question but I think it’s going to be hard for them to come up and get one of the top four QBs.  

10 hours ago, Cynjin said:

They could be using Taylor as a bridge Qb, which would mean they will still take a Qb.

That’s what I am thinking.  Taylor is only under contract for 18.  They saw what can happen last year if you play a rookie QB before he’s ready.  I think they are guarding against that happening again.

On 3/9/2018 at 7:31 PM, Stephen said:

Colts trade with buffulo get three firsts and a third one of the first for next year

They don’t have three first rounders to trade unless you are counting their first next year in that number.  Still I doubt the Colts would be interested in moving back from 3 to 21 and 22 this year unless the Bills basically threw in a while drafts worth of picks to go with it.  

On 3/9/2018 at 8:40 PM, CR91 said:

Bye bye Barkley. Now the question becomes, will the giants take chubb

If they do the Colts are still in a good spot.  They now hold the next pick with all the QBs on the board.  You simply sell to the highest bidder and probably grab Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Ward, James, or, Edmunds.  

28 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If they do the Colts are still in a good spot.  They now hold the next pick with all the QBs on the board.  You simply sell to the highest bidder and probably grab Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Ward, James, or, Edmunds.  

I want Fitzpatrick bad especially if Barkley and Chubb do go one and two

Just now, CR91 said:

I want Fitzpatrick bad especially if Barkley and Chubb do go one and two

All of those guys are good options.  That’s the good thing about being bad you have lots of areas of need.  If Fitzpatrick can move to corner you now have a rock solid secondary if Hooker and Geathers can stay healthy and Wilson develops the way they hope.  

2 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Browns Take Barkley at 1, giants take Nelson .... colts trade back to 5 for broncos 1 and second .... browns take darnold, broncos take Allen, colts take Chubb and we have 2 second round picks now. 

Nelson is not going ahead of Chubb

31 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Yeah he will .... giants don’t need pass rush, browns will take Barkley and colts trade back for Chubb or take Chubb. 

No Guard in the history of the NFL has been taken in the Top 5 let alone second overall

43 minutes ago, CR91 said:

No Guard in the history of the NFL has been taken in the Top 5 let alone second overall

• Leonard Davis, 2001, Pick 2
  • *Jonathan Ogden, 1996, Pick 4
  • Bill Fralic, 1985, Pick 2
  • Chris Hinton, 1983, Pick 4
  • Ken Huff, 1975, Pick 3
  • John Hicks, 1974, Pick 3
  • John Hannah, 1973, Pick 4

Not many have been selected, the 4 I highlighted were very good.

9 minutes ago, MPStack said:
  • Ken Huff, 1975, Pick 3

Add Dean Steinkuhler in 1984 taken 2nd.

In 1966 guards were taken 2nd, 4th and 5th in first round.

In 1964 Bob Brown went #2

48 minutes ago, MPStack said:
  • Ken Huff, 1975, Pick 3

Ogden is a T as was Leonard Davis and Hinton. They just happen to play Guard, but you made your point. Regardless, chubb is a much better prospect then Nelson

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

Ogden is a T as was Leonard Davis and Hinton. They just happen to play Guard, but you made your point. Regardless, chubb is a much better prospect then Nelson

No, They are more likely on the same level as a prospect.  If anything, Nelson is higher.....  Chubb just plays the position that has higher value in most cases.

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

That's basically correct.  The highly picked college Olineman were drafted to play T, but washed out there and moved to G.  

Nelson would be the first Olineman with the intent to play G taken in the top 5 in the modern era.  

Chubb, a DB or 2, and probably a LB will go before Nelson, IMO.

Hypothetical: Mid April comes around and Luck is attempting to throw NFL footballs, he feels this pinching pain but continues to throw, afterward there is soreness.  He lays off for a week, tries again and same scenario.  It's now approaching Aprii 26th, he feels inclined to share the bad news with Jim Irsay and Ballard and schedules a trip to see Dr. Andrews down in Birmingham.  Will the Colts now have done enough research on which QB to take of the 3 or 4 that seem to be on all the lists of 1st round material? Because it might be shaping up that Barkley goes 1 and Chubb 2, leaving the Colts with the pick of the QB litter at #3.  Or no, take a chance on Brissett and Andrew's eventual resurgence after more surgery and take the best need pick at 3 (nelson or other options including trade-down)?  

On 3/10/2018 at 6:22 AM, jskinnz said:

They very clearly will not do that.

I don't think they will take Chubb at #1 but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. There are experts that think Chubb is the BPA in this draft. We have no way of knowing where the Browns have him on their board. For all we know they may not want to get burned again by a high pick RB...Trent Richardson anyone?

1 hour ago, k9copinmd said:

I don't think they will take Chubb at #1 but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. There are experts that think Chubb is the BPA in this draft. We have no way of knowing where the Browns have him on their board. For all we know they may not want to get burned again by a high pick RB...Trent Richardson anyone?

I've yet to see anyone who has Chubb as the best player in the draft.  

Even if there is some such ranking, they are not going to take Chubb at # 1.  Simply will not happen after...

1) Taking Garrett # 1 last year

2) Barkley going off the charts at the combine

3) Their still overwhelming need for a QB - which I would lay odds is the position they take at # 1.

What I think will happen: 

Browns take Barkley at #1 

Giants would be in the best position to trade down w/ Jets or Broncos (if Browns don't take Barkley, Giants will) 

Colts take Chubb at #3 

Browns pick their QB to sit behind Tyrod Taylor for the 1st year

What I want to happen: 

Browns take a QB 

Giants take Barkley

Colts trade down with Broncos or Jets and take Nelson  

51 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

What I want to happen: 

Browns take a QB 

Giants take Barkley

Colts trade down with Broncos or Jets and take Nelson  

That is what I want to happen too.   Having a guard who can pass protect and run block would be huge for this team.  

I'm sure Luck agrees. 

On 3/9/2018 at 5:08 PM, chrisfarley said:

Browns now have Tyrod, that answers the question whether they will take Barkley once and for all, correct?  Does that mean Giants might snag Chubb or will they take a QB?

If Barkley goes #1, I fully expect the Giants to either take their top QB or trade down to the highest bidder. 

On 3/9/2018 at 6:15 PM, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

I don't think this means they won't draft a QB #1 overall. Taylor might just be the starter so the rookie they draft isn't thrown into the fire, no?

If they do not go QB then Barkley is the pick for the Browns

I don't know what it is with the Browns. They will have all the talent and I still have a hard time seeing them as legit. They need a player or coach that is going to bring some unity to that organization because at the momment I still see them as a joke.

On 10/03/2018 at 12:46 AM, oldunclemark said:

But they'd be taking a chance that the NYGs wouldn't take the QB they want.

Maybe they will trade the '4' and the 3rd round pick they just got...to the NYGs for the '2' pick

Why is everyone so hung up on having to get the best of, what is going to be, average QBs? When they can get what is widely considered the unequivocal best player in the draft, and has the best potential for being a very good nfl player?

Do I want Trent dilfer or joe flacco? Who cares, neither are good so it doesn't matter who I get. 

17 hours ago, jskinnz said:

I've yet to see anyone who has Chubb as the best player in the draft.  

Even if there is some such ranking, they are not going to take Chubb at # 1.  Simply will not happen after...

1) Taking Garrett # 1 last year

2) Barkley going off the charts at the combine

3) Their still overwhelming need for a QB - which I would lay odds is the position they take at # 1.

Again, I agree with you that I don't think Chubb will be #1. I'm just pointing out that there are people that have him as the BPA. Guess we will just have to wait and see where the new Browns GM has him ranked. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

2 hours ago, Aaron86 said:

I don't know what it is with the Browns. They will have all the talent and I still have a hard time seeing them as legit. They need a player or coach that is going to bring some unity to that organization because at the momment I still see them as a joke.

It's time to buy stock in the Browns.   They are young.   They weren't as bad as their record.   They lost 6 games by 7 points or less (4 by 3 points).   Tyrod is a huge improvement over Kizer.   Kizer had more INT's last season than Tyrods whole career.   They brought in Landry and Randall to improve positions of need.   They will most likely add Barkeley.   They could add another immediate impact player with the 4th pick.  They also have 2 of the top 3 picks in the second round.  

54 minutes ago, Myles said:

It's time to buy stock in the Browns.   They are young.   They weren't as bad as their record.   They lost 6 games by 7 points or less (4 by 3 points).   Tyrod is a huge improvement over Kizer.   Kizer had more INT's last season than Tyrods whole career.   They brought in Landry and Randall to improve positions of need.   They will most likely add Barkeley.   They could add another immediate impact player with the 4th pick.  They also have 2 of the top 3 picks in the second round.  

I'm sorry I'm just not buying it yet. You are what your record says you are. I know they are talented. I just think they have deeper issues then the players on the field. I don't know what it is but something is up on that organization.

15 hours ago, Aaron86 said:

I'm sorry I'm just not buying it yet. You are what your record says you are. I know they are talented. I just think they have deeper issues then the players on the field. I don't know what it is but something is up on that organization.

Nothing magical.   They have been run poorly for years.   However, they have talent at most positions.  They have loads of draft picks and now they have an experienced OK  QB. 

On 3/12/2018 at 10:37 AM, BProland85 said:

If Barkley goes #1, I fully expect the Giants to either take their top QB or trade down to the highest bidder. 

with Norwell going to the Jags, the Colts really need to focus on getting Nelson.  A commentator for NFL network just said he thinks the Giants will snag Nelson at #2.