Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos traded talib to rams

TdungyW/12

2 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Seriously for a 5th round pick!? I would have liked to see him in a colts jersey for a 5th rounder. 

Talib only wanted to go to the Pats or Rams. 

The Rams got both Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib already. They are very active.

7 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Re-united with Wade Philips is what ended up happening. Wade's D will be better with man CBs like those. Rams have made very good moves. Now, if they can draft a few DL and LBs in the draft, they are cooking.

Wade played man across the board including with his nickel CB Bradley Roby when they won the SB. Now, the Broncos are making room for Cousins, little by little. No wonder they tagged LaMarcus Joyner, their secondary is precious to them.

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Talib is 32 but he can still play..He'll help the Rams next year

If Denver cut him, the Broncos would get $10 mil in cap space. Now, they get $11 mil AND a 5th round pick

Very good deal for them. ..because they have Bradley Roby to replace Talib and they badly need money for a free agent QB (read: Kirk Cousins)

Anyone else notice how some of these premier players are being traded for 4th, 5th and later rd. picks primarily to free up cap space.  Quinn, Peters etc. The Dolphins need to free up cap space. I can't see them holding out for a high pick now.  Landry has signed the tag so I wouldn't be surprised if something happens fast.  I would think CB has to be talking to them. 

Talib, 

Try not to get shot in the leg in a gentlemen's club this time alright? Wade Phillips needs you intact man. Just saying. 

Or to be more accurate, to quote Johnny Cash, "Don't Take Your Guns To Town" in either Dallas or LA. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17725483/police-say-denver-broncos-aqib-talib-admitted-shooting-leg-continue-investigate