Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What happen to the expectations ?

SolidGold

What happen to the pressure cooker ? I felt like when Manning was in charge players was held to a higher standard. A dropped pass was extreme and Manning held each individual skill player accountable and I even think it translated with the defense as well. Nobody wanted to let him down. Do you think that was just a Peyton thing that left with him ? Is it lack of leadership ? IMO we just don't play with that (thing) anymore. 

14 minutes ago, SolidGold said:

What happen to the pressure cooker ? I felt like when Manning was in charge players was held to a higher standard. A dropped pass was extreme and Manning held each individual skill player accountable and I even think it translated with the defense as well. Nobody wanted to let him down. Do you think that was just a Peyton thing that left with him ? Is it lack of leadership ? IMO we just don't play with that (thing) anymore. 

Do you honestly think this is the time for this thread?  We have a whole new coaching staff so no one knows who is going to do what.

36 minutes ago, Pelt said:

The pressure cookers have been recently replaced by the more popular air fryers now. My wife loves her air fryer.

A pressure cooker is different from a deep fryer.  

Yep, I'm that guy....

30 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Now how the hell does she cook food with a hair dryer?  Must take a long time? :dunno:

Shive said- You're all wrong. Pressure cookers have now been replaced by the Instapot. I mean....it is pretty much a pressure cooker.....so we're all wrong.. I hear theyre amazing though.

Not everything has been replaced...

https://www.usa.philips.com/c-m-ho/cooking/airfryer-top?origin=7_700000001595936_71700000024426320_58700002630889970_43700022744268067

Peyton had a different kind of presence and held everyone accountable. He was like a Coach on the field. That is why when some people say that the 2015 Broncos could've won the SB with Osweiler, I think they are smoking something. They would've never beat the Pats in the AFC Title Game but that is a different topic. Andrew Luck in reality is more talented than Peyton and can even run but he isn't as Football smart. Peyton could beat teams even when he had a noodle arm because he was smarter than everyone else.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Peyton had a different kind of presence and held everyone accountable. He was like a Coach on the field. That is why when some people say that the 2015 Broncos could've won the SB with Osweiler, I think they are smoking something. They would've never beat the Pats in the AFC Title Game but that is a different topic. Andrew Luck in reality is more talented than Peyton and can even run but he isn't as Football smart. Peyton could beat teams even when he had a noodle arm because he was smarter than everyone else.

AL is just as football smart as PM just a different type of leader the other key difference is the Coaches they play with

Some coaches want or give their players the ability to be vocal while others do not

5 hours ago, buccolts said:

Speaking of amazing, coffee made in a French Press is really, really, good. Amazing, really.

That's good to hear, I've been thinking about getting one.  I like a good cup of coffee. 

5 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

AL is just as football smart as PM just a different type of leader the other key difference is the Coaches they play with

Some coaches want or give their players the ability to be vocal while others do not

Yes.

I think Reich will allow Luck to handle much more at the line of scrimmage.  This, of course, puts more pressure on the other players to know every nuance of the playbook and alterations in the 'check with me' phase.

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

That's good to hear, I've been thinking about getting one.  I like a good cup of coffee. 

Quit trying to derail this thread.

”Under Deep Fryer” WAS a great song by Queen and Bowie.  I don’t care what anyone says!

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Quit trying to derail this thread.

”Under Deep Fryer” WAS a great song by Queen and Bowie.  I don’t care what anyone says!

My apologies, but when a French Press was brought up I felt compelled to respond.   Really it's CFB and PT that are derailing the thread, they're talking football.:yuk:

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes.

I think Reich will allow Luck to handle much more at the line of scrimmage.  This, of course, puts more pressure on the other players to know every nuance of the playbook and alterations in the 'check with me' phase.

luck didnt seem to change the play much under chud, but i believe he did it more with pep

maybe it wasnt about luck either, but the number of rookies and young players around him

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

My apologies, but when a French Press was brought up I felt compelled to respond.   Really it's CFB and PT that are derailing the thread, they're talking football.:yuk:

Wait, you mean "French Press" isn't what the Olympic basketball team from Paris uses at the end of their games?

Shame on you.  This IS supposed to be a football thread after all.

9 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I never said Andrew wasn't smart lmao but when it comes to Football smarts I have never seen anyone smarter than Peyton. Not Tom, not Montana, etc.. I do think Andrew is smarter in general but I stated Football smart. I also said Andrew is more talented but when it comes to reading Defenses I don't see how anyone can even debate that Peyton wasn't the best ever.

Kind of hard to compare Peyton with Brissett and/or Tolzien, since Luck hasn't played for basically two seasons.

Wouldn't expect a back up QB to use a pressure cooker mentality, because they're too busy with other things.

Manning deserved and earned that attitude and respect from his teammates.

2 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Kind of hard to compare Peyton with Brissett and/or Tolzien, since Luck hasn't played for basically two seasons.

Wouldn't expect a back up QB to use a pressure cooker mentality, because they're too busy with other things.

Manning deserved and earned that attitude and respect from his teammates.

1 1/2 seasons, if you count his entire career.  With all of his 'shoulder problems', he had arguably his best season in 16, when he missed one game.

14 hours ago, SolidGold said:

It IS the in the DNA of our receivers. TY is as soft as it gets. Moncrief...bla 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never said Andrew wasn't smart lmao but when it comes to Football smarts I have never seen anyone smarter than Peyton. Not Tom, not Montana, etc.. I do think Andrew is smarter in general but I stated Football smart. I also said Andrew is more talented but when it comes to reading Defenses I don't see how anyone can even debate that Peyton wasn't the best ever.

I Know you used FS and so did I and all I said was that AL and PM are different type of leaders and that it often depends on the coaches they played for

Be careful using the term Football Smarts since it is very subjective

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Wait, you mean "French Press" isn't what the Olympic basketball team from Paris uses at the end of their games?

Shame on you.  This IS supposed to be a football thread after all.

I thought it was a thread about small kitchen appliances.

Clearly a lack of leadership.  Have you ever seen Luck get in anyone's face in an attempt to rally the troops?  That guy has no leadership skills.  That's why we need a guy like Baker.  He'll get in some faces and kick some butt.

14 hours ago, buccolts said:

Speaking of amazing, coffee made in a French Press is really, really, good. Amazing, really.

My family were heavy coffee drinkers, especially my dad and uncle. I started late, about 10 years ago. I read up and found that the French Press was Best for taste.  I never make coffee any othet way.

I like flavoured gourmet coffee and I don't think you can do better than Michael's Gourmet Coffee. And I highly recommend Wicked Doodle flavor.

I doubt you'll find in stores so most likely it will need to be shipped to you.

14 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Andrew luck has the smarts. He's got the talent. He's just not a perfectionist.