Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sammy Watkins

I've been reading alot of articles about him being a possible free agent target for the colts. Lord i hope not. If we want a guy to get 600 yards a season lets just keep Donte Moncrief. When healthy this guy can play with Luck throwing him the ball. As you can tell i'm not a fan of Watkins. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Indy1996 said:

When he was in buffalo he was healthy in LA for 1 season with a decent season

Jan 1, 2017 NFL Pedal Foot Fracture Watkins needed a 2nd surgery to repair his injured foot.
Nov 30, 2016 NFL Pedal Foot Bruise  Watkins made the injury report with a chronic sore left foot, but did not miss a game. 
Sep 15, 2016 NFL Pedal Foot Fracture Watkins hasn't recovered fully from his offseason foot surgery. He missed 8 games before getting back on the field.
May 1, 2016 NFL Pedal Foot Fracture Watkins fractured his foot in preseason training and needed a screw inserted.
Oct 18, 2015 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Watkins sprained his left ankle on a TD reception and missed the next 2 games.
Sep 27, 2015 NFL Leg Calf Strain Watkins suffered a fairly mild strain to his left calf against the Dolphins, but he did miss 2 games. 
Aug 17, 2015 NFL Thigh Glute Strain A preseason thigh injury ("sore glute") caused Watkins to miss 3 preseason games leading into the 2015 regular season. 
Nov 30, 2014 NFL Inguinal Hip Tear Watkins had minor surgery to fix a slight tear in the labrum in his hip.
Nov 5, 2014 NFL Inguinal Groin Pull Grade 1 Watkins had a minor groin pull that did not cost him any playing time. 
Aug 28, 2014 NFL Chest Rib Bruise Watkins aggravated a previous rib bruise and left the preseason game against the Steelers. 
Aug 16, 2014 NFL Chest Rib Bruise The rookie had a relatively minor rib bruise that caused him to miss 1 preseason game. 
Dec 31, 2012 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 The Clemson star WR was knocked out of the Chick-fil-A Bowl against LSU on the second play of the game with a sprain to his right ankle. 
Nov 12, 2011 Non-NFL Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain Hurt his right shoulder against Wake Forest and sat out against North Carolina Stat

Yeah this ones tough.  On one hand, with Luck and if he's 100% healthy I could see him being a 1000 yard receiver for the Colts.  Heck, he did it two years ago in 13 games.  I'm sure he will be expensive though, someone will sign him to a fairly lucrative contract.  If the Colts may be able to get him for a couple years at a decent price I'd be for it.  I'd however prefer Allen Robinson, but he would cost an arm and a leg probably.  

Watkins and Robinson not getting tagged was the best news of the day.  These are young great receivers 24 or so in age.  And Landry is out there as well available in trade.  The Colts need to sign one of these guys.  Now they know they have three top tier guys to target.  And the best news is we can afford whoever we want.  The injuries don't concern me at all considering their ages.  Look at Luck.  When he comes back you think his injuries would scare teams away?  I don't think so.  Those three WR's are ascending players and we need to secure one of them and I think we will. Can't wait until next week.  

Heck no. No unless its a 1year deal worth no more than 6 Million. which isn't gonna happen. He should've already been to a couple pro bowls and be getting over 1,000 yards every year. We need to sign Allen Robinson first. He has to be our top priority at WR. He's a number 1 type WR entering his 5th season at OLY 24 !!!! He's gonna be a star over the next 5-6 years. Then maybe a guy like Jaron Brown or Ryan Grant who wouldn't be too expensive.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:27 PM, Bert Johns said:

I've been reading alot of articles about him being a possible free agent target for the colts. Lord i hope not. If we want a guy to get 600 yards a season lets just keep Donte Moncrief. When healthy this guy can play with Luck throwing him the ball. As you can tell i'm not a fan of Watkins. Thoughts?

I agree he is fragile but Moncrief was inconsistent even with luck and he is all about himself and not about the team for that reason I hope he is gone this team doesn't need head cases.