Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

$30,000,000 for the QB

oldunclemark

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Captain Kirk....wants superbucks....He's going to have to go to the NBA to get $30 mil

The latest rumor is that the Vikes will offer Cousins a front-loaded contract, 3 years, 90 million total.

It is a panic move -- we should not be desperate for a QB. I don't like it, but if Cousins signs with us, I trust the front office will structure his contract in such a way that allows us to keep players we developed... It could be worse. They could sign Jay Cutler which I really would not like. 

My preference is Teddy or Bradford at less than $15 million per year (Teddy maybe $8 or $10mill). I'd like Josh McCown as backup. And we have Kyle Sloter waiting in the wings haha

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The latest rumor is that the Vikes will offer Cousins a front-loaded contract, 3 years, 90 million total. It is a panic move. I don't like it, but if he signs with us, I trust the front office will structure his contract in such a way that allows us to keep players we developed. It could be worse. They could sign Jay Cutler which I really would not like. 

My preference is Teddy or Bradford at less than $15 million per year (Teddy maybe $8 or $10mill). I'd like Josh McCown as backup. And we have Kyle Sloter waiting in the wings haha

Come on why the hate on Jay

24 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The latest rumor is that the Vikes will offer Cousins a front-loaded contract, 3 years, 90 million total.

It is a panic move -- we should not be desperate for a QB. I don't like it, but if Cousins signs with us, I trust the front office will structure his contract in such a way that allows us to keep players we developed... It could be worse. They could sign Jay Cutler which I really would not like. 

I heard the Vikings are going to let Teddy test Free Agency, is that true? I almost bet you guys end up with Cousins. Denver is the only other team he may go too IMO.

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I heard the Vikings are going to let Teddy test Free Agency, is that true? I almost bet you guys end up with Cousins. Denver is the only other team he may go too IMO.

Yeah, Teddy probably will not be re-signing with the Vikes. :( I am not too pleased about that but I don't blame him. I don't mind Cousins but as I said many times, he will cost too much. I want the Vikes to make fiscally responsible decisions so that they can retain guys that they drafted/signed and developed (Barr, Kendricks, Diggs, Hunter, and more). Signing Cousins for more than $22 million per year is too much.

11 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Front loaded means that most of the cap hit occurs in 2018 and drops after that?

That would work, right?  Because the Vikings have good players they have to (and want to) resign in the future but not this year?

12 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Front loaded means that most of the cap hit occurs in 2018 and drops after that?

Yes, that's right. It could work, I guess, but I still don't like it. An average of $30 million per year for a mid-tier QB is not good, regardless of the structure. I hope the Jets offer a lot more.

Who do you believe will sign with Denver?

41 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yes, that's right. It could work, I guess, but I still don't like it. An average of $30 million per year for a mid-tier QB is not good, regardless of the structure. I hope the Jets offer a lot more.

If they don't get Cousins I think they draft one.

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know.  Probably a rookie..and that's not good.

There's no vet they'd pay $20 mil for other than Cousins.

. I don't believe Kirk will come down below $25 mil a year for the first year. Denver is paying QB money to Von Miller the next 2 years at least and they cant afford another contract for more than $20 mil a year

I believe Kirk will eventually sign with Minnesota. Top receivers. Top defense. Playing indoors.

If he signs with the Jets, I'd be shocked.

Denver is going to have to gamble on somebody like Josh Rosen.

Edited by oldunclemark

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:11 PM, NFLfan said:

It is a panic move -- we should not be desperate for a QB. I don't like it, but if Cousins signs with us, I trust the front office will structure his contract in such a way that allows us to keep players we developed...

Kirk gets $28 mil....

The Vikings are all in to win the next year or two..... I admire that.

..they don't have any room to re-shape his deal because there's no extra years or non guaranteed money.

But he has been good with a lesser team and he should be better indoors.

...and he wont be the top paid QB 3 years from now..

Aaron Rodgers  may fall in the $32 mil a year range when he resigns

On March 4, 2018 at 4:42 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

Get over yourself.

On March 4, 2018 at 6:11 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

Buying a  race team for Danica I mean just come on.

Why are you harassing Princeton Tiger BTW? What's all the fuss about J834? Fake outrage overdrive apparently. 

:scratch: My only response is this: