Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you could ask Ballard one question ( he has to tell the whole truth)

strt182

Just curious If you guys could ask Ballard ONE question and he couldn't lie or beat around the bush. It had to be a straight forward answer what would that question be? 

Be careful how you word the question though. 

Ignoring any scumbag tendencies, if you could choose between Frank Reich and Josh McDaniels simply off their ability to coach a football team, who would you pick? (AKA if you could pick between Reich or McDaniels before we all found out he was a *, who would you pick?).

59 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Ignoring any scumbag tendencies, if you could choose between Frank Reich and Josh McDaniels simply off their ability to coach a football team, who would you pick? (AKA if you could pick between Reich or McDaniels before we all found out he was a *, who would you pick?).

That's easy.  Are you in, or are you out. What good would it do even to ask him a question that has no answer.

3 hours ago, strt182 said:

Just curious If you guys could ask Ballard ONE question and he couldn't lie or beat around the bush. It had to be a straight forward answer what would that question be? 

He wouldn't answer anything he don't want to. He is finely tuned in GM/coach speaking. It comes with the territory.

5 hours ago, strt182 said:

Really good post and interested to see some of the answers. My question......

How do you truthfully view Jim Irsay as an owner?

He is obviously someone who cares deeply about the franchise and had extensive experience, but how does Ballard view him?

6 hours ago, strt182 said:

Simple. If locked in a room for 5 minutes with Josh McDaniels, would Josh Mcdaniels need carried out on a stretcher?

10 hours ago, strt182 said:

I would ask him to go find Frank Reich so I could ask him a question.

On 3/4/2018 at 9:45 AM, Dingus McGirt said:

"Which is better - putting all your eggs in the "3rd pick basket" and risking a massive bust, or... trading out of that high-risk spot and picking up several good picks?"

nice one.  Here's his answer, "Look, since it's apparent Cleveland might now take Barkley and the Giants would then take Chubb or visa-versa, that is one direction we might go (trading out), but those two players are not high risk. The third pick also is not high risk if we take Nelson, so that's what we might do.  However, if we have the chance to take Barkley or Chubb, we will do that in a heartbeat, as remote as those chances are after this weekend's combine. Barkely was off the charts spectacular and stole the combine & Chubb had the 5th best 40-time of D-linemen and hit a homer with other drills. I have inside people everywhere and I am completely tuned into who is doing what.  Lastly, if some disturbing news comes my way with regard to Andrew Luck prior to the April 26th draft in Dallas, I would be looking at Rosen, Mayfield, or Darnold, no questions asked.  Look, we're going to do what's best for this team, no one person makes this team, we feel blessed to be in the position we're in." 

EDIT: well, maybe not so much (underline above) ---> 7.37 3-cone drill, ugh (how bout we snag Sam Hubbard top of round 2 and use our 3rd pick on Nelson)