Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should Luck Be Involved In Team Decisions?

Dark Superman

23 minutes ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Nowhere did I say he should get the final say or be a tipping point for a decision I would like him to have some input on the direction of the team .... front office, coaches and owners don’t always get it right ... as you can see what we’ve dealt with for the past 5 years. They should listen to Luck and hear him not let him pick ... being involved in team decision has several different aspects to it .... but not making the pick I agree with .... but having input and giving his view I say yes! 

The last 5 Years?

Five years?    You mean 3 years, right?

Five years ago we were 11-5 and won a playoff game.

Four years ago we were 11-5 and won TWO playoff games.

Things changed in 2015 when Luck first got hurt.

So you meant three years....    right?

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

The last 5 Years?

Five years?    You mean 3 years, right?

Five years ago we were 11-5 and won a playoff game.

Four years ago we were 11-5 and won TWO playoff games.

Things changed in 2015 when Luck first got hurt.

So you meant three years....    right?

I’m just talking about staff decisions and who we draft/trade for ..... grigson/pagano

I know we did good a few of the years but the decision making was beyond questionable ....  

1 hour ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Nowhere did I say he should get the final say or be a tipping point for a decision I would like him to have some input on the direction of the team .... front office, coaches and owners don’t always get it right ... as you can see what we’ve dealt with for the past 5 years. They should listen to Luck and hear him not let him pick ... being involved in team decision has several different aspects to it .... but not making the pick I agree with .... but having input and giving his view I say yes! 

Well that's quite a bit different and more reasonable than he should go to Irsay and demand an elite OL :P

2 hours ago, J@son said:

Well that's quite a bit different and more reasonable than he should go to Irsay and demand an elite OL :P

Well wouldn’t think he would demand an elite OL? He should be top 5 QB and putting up ridiculous #’s and be taking us further and further till we win the SB. But irsay/pagano/and grigson F’d That up big time ..... when you have an elite QB like Luck you do better then what they have done for him with protection .... I would be beyond * if I was Luck .... he’s been way to injured because of the *s running it .... thankfully I see it getting better with CB and Reich! 

1 hour ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Well wouldn’t think he would demand an elite OL? He should be top 5 QB and putting up ridiculous #’s and be taking us further and further till we win the SB. But irsay/pagano/and grigson F’d That up big time ..... when you have an elite QB like Luck you do better then what they have done for him with protection .... I would be beyond * if I was Luck .... he’s been way to injured because of the *s running it .... thankfully I see it getting better with CB and Reich! 

MY point is it's not his place to go demanding anything from 5he owner or GM of the team. He's a player... Period. 

BTW, some of the injuries he's sustained have been due to his style of play, not the OL. 

31 minutes ago, J@son said:

MY point is it's not his place to go demanding anything from 5he owner or GM of the team. He's a player... Period. 

BTW, some of the injuries he's sustained have been due to his style of play, not the OL. 

He doesn’t have to demand it ( when I said demand I meant as he deserves and should have ) 

he should have say .... he might be a player but he is the cornerstone of this team without it they would be nothing and they should treat him like that. 

His “style” of play yes but he has to scramble and move and make something happen because his line couldn’t hold a blocker which makes him scramble ... it’s also bad play calling.

On 3/3/2018 at 4:47 AM, King! said:

I have a good feeling Andrew Luck is in great hands with Frank Reich as his new HC and Chris Ballard as the teams GM. But how would you feel if Reich and Ballard involved Andrew with some of the decision makings, such as free agency, draft picks, and resigning our own players? I would love to know who Luck would want to come to Indianapolis if had the power to make the call. No one knows this offense better than Andrew Luck.

Also, did Manning ever voice his opinion on guys he wanted to come to Indy? Just curious.

Team decisions? There isn't a guarantee Luck will be here past his current contract if that shoulder isn't right.