Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lots of former Colts want Barkley to be drafted

IndyScribe

yba8i9w1l9j01.jpg

Bill Polian, former Colts GM has said that the Colts should draft Barkley.

https://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-forget-history-if-barkley-is-at-the-top-of-the-colts-draft-board-grab-him-and

Kravitz even had something to say.

Obviously, this doesn't mean anything draft-wise, but it's interesting to see all the support Barkley has from former Colts. I don't think any former draft picks(probably besides Luck) have received this strong of an endorsement.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, SolidGold said:

He's the Lebron James of football. 

So a player who is the best at his position, goes to the Hall of Fame, breaks many records and leads his team to a championship? I'll take that any day of the week.

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He won't be there....Thanks Pagano..No way Browns and Giants are both dumb enough , 1 maybe, both no..It sucks, but it is increasingly becoming reality..

Unfortunately, I don't think he's there either.

7 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

So a player who is the best at his position, goes to the Hall of Fame, breaks many records and leads his team to a championship? I'll take that any day of the week.

Unfortunately, I don't think he's there either.

Once he runs that 4.3 it's over..maybe he will get injured..our only hope..:sarcasm:

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Once he runs that 4.3 it's over..maybe he will get injured..our only hope..

I wouldn't wish injury on anyone. But if he runs that 4.3, Giants and Browns will be jumping on him. We just have to hope that the Browns and Giants both pass.

11 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He won't be there....Thanks Pagano..No way Browns and Giants are both dumb enough , 1 maybe, both no..It sucks, but it is increasingly becoming reality..

They will both take QB's. Here's why, the Browns have been criticized for not getting it right at QB so they will take Darnold IMO. Eli is going to retire in a couple of years and the Giants will never pick this high again so they take Rosen or Allen to groom, then let the games begin!

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They will both take QB's. Here's why, the Browns have been criticized for not getting it right at QB so they will take Darnold IMO. Eli is going to retire in a couple of years and the Giants will never pick this high again so they take Rosen or Allen to groom, then let the games begin!

I am hearing that they could trade pick 1

15 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Lots = 2??

The Giants are a mystery because they could go several different ways. I have a feeling though they go QB. Reason being is Eli has maybe 1 or 2 years left, he already looks Bad. They have nobody on their Roster that will be the future. Browns could take Barkley at #1 but if they have their mind set on a certain QB, they wont risk it because the Giants could snag who they want and we could even trade down to someone who takes another QB.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Of all the reasons to draft Barkley, the fact that some former players want us to take him is the LEAST impressive reason.

We have TWO MONTHS until the draft...  can we please try to keep our powder dry until then?    Please?

54 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I doubt it too.

I just don't think the Football God's would want us to have such a Mega Star... It would be in the Best interests of the TV Networks, Media, Advertisers and League if he wound up in NY.

If Irsay wants him, they have to Trade up to get him.

1 hour ago, IndyScribe said:

yba8i9w1l9j01.jpg

https://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-forget-history-if-barkley-is-at-the-top-of-the-colts-draft-board-grab-him-and

Obviously, this doesn't mean anything draft-wise, but it's interesting to see all the support Barkley has from former Colts. I don't think any former draft picks(probably besides Luck) have received this strong of an endorsement.

There are two ex Colts on your list. Brackett and Polian.  Does that really account for lots of former Colts? 

2 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

yba8i9w1l9j01.jpg

Three colts and kravitz are "lots" and "former colts"?

53 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

There are two ex Colts on your list. Brackett and Polian.  Does that really account for lots of former Colts? 

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

Bil polian, wayne, and kravitz are "lots" and "former colts"?

Meh, you know what I mean. No need to rain on the parade. Besides, they're pretty well-known within the organization.

I think he will be available at #3. The Browns and Giants I just don't see taking a RB. The Browns need help at QB, and I know every season they draft one and it doesn't work out, but if you don't have a QB, then there's not much else left, so they're just going to have to keep trying.

1 hour ago, LockeDown said:

Polian and Kravitz are no small potatoes As far as opinions go. Polian gave the thumbs up for Ballard and then for Reich.  Now Barkley.  Like old times.  As long as he doesn't recommend his son come on board.

Yeah, there was a bunch of them giving the big thumbs ups when McNoNuts was announced too.

Yeah, Polians like old times got old,,,,,,.  real old.

To me if we take Chubb or Nelson I will be happy. If we somehow get Barkley I really hope we don't have a bunch of cry babies on here complaining about it. If we do, that will be sad IMO. Hey the Packers took Tony Mandarich at #2 instead of Barry Sanders in 1989, at the time Packers fan rejoiced lmao. Mandarich the Monster Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! (LT) = higher positional value :facepalm:. In reality Barry was the monster = Hall of Fame haha 

-Dan Wilkinson went #1 in 1994, Marshall Faulk #2 lmao Big Dan the Man at (DT) was awesome wasn't he lmao. Big Daddy Dan Wilkinson :facepalm:. Faulk = Hall of Fame.

- To talk about recent drafts - In the 2007 Draft, Gaines Adams (DE) and LaRon Landry (S) got drafted ahead of Adrian Peterson lmao. Yeah that was smart wasn't it?

-All of those guys I named were said to be cant miss guys that went ahead of Barry, Faulk, and AD. The moral of this Post = don't worry be happy with whoever we Draft, I will be.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think KFC opens at 10, I am thinking  a 3 piece with mac n cheese and coleslaw with a biscuit :thmup:

I tried that (cue the music) " SMOKY MOUNTAIN BAR-b-queoooooo".

not impressed.

can't beat the original recipe.

8 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Yeah I would be shocked if he ran anything less than a 4.4. I thought his 29 reps on the Bench Press was Great for a RB. Dalvin Cook only did 22 Reps, McCaffrey 10 Reps by comparison. Cook ran a 4.49 40, McCaffrey 4.48. Just using 2 backs that are real talented as examples. I know Peterson ran a 4.4 flat in the 40 as well.

8 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

I agree. That meaningless win at the end of the season will cost us Barkley I'm afraid. I still think the Browns take him at one, but unless one team seriously blows away the Giants with a trade offer, he won't get past the giants

1 hour ago, backshoulderfade said:

If the man runs a 4.3 at 233lbs then wow.

and benches 225, 29 times with 41" vertical. 

I keep leaning more towards getting Nelson than Guice, but than I put a Barkley highlight on, and than put myself in timeout.

That big, with kick returner agility, WR hands and route ability, prolly best pass blocking RB in the draft, and prolly the best character guy.

We should all put ourselves in tumeout until we come out and agree Barkley or Bust!

1 minute ago, Matabix said:

and benches 225, 29 times with 41" vertical. 

I keep leaning more towards getting Nelson than Guice, but than I put a Barkley highlight on, and than put myself in timeout.

That big, with kick returner agility, WR hands and route ability, prolly best pass blocking RB in the draft, and prolly the best character guy.

We should all put ourselves in tumeout until we come out and agree Barkley or Bust!

If he runs like a 4.29 that would be eye popping.

8 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

It’ll be hard for both of them to pass on the top QB prospects of this year. If they do, we have the best possible scenario for a trade back opportunity...Imagine the value. Still want Chubb though