Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gore to play elsewhere

Barry Sears

1 hour ago, DaveA1102 said:

Love Gore but it's time to get younger.

Great player for us and hope he finds a good place to end his career. 

Would there be appetite for him back in San Francisco? Would be the storybook ending. 

Let him go somewhere else and turn potential 30 yard gains into 5yds..

40 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Would there be appetite for him back in San Francisco? Would be the storybook ending. 

I doubt Shanahan wants Gore in his offense. But who knows.

1 hour ago, DaveA1102 said:

You know what DA02? That would make perfect sense finishing out his Bay career in San Fran with Jimmy G. Gore deserves to go the playoffs at the tail end of his career & the 49ers should make the post season this year. Good call on that one. 

12 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Could see him going to Green Bay.

I'm trying to picture Frank wearing green & gold. I know Mr. Discount Double Check would love it & he could do the Lambeau Leap with no trouble at all. Gore does run well in the snow too. Anything is possible now that Ted Thompson is no longer the GM there as well. 

12 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I'm trying to picture Frank wearing green & gold. I know Mr. Discount Double Check would love it & he could do the Lambeau Leap with no trouble at all. Gore does run well in the snow too. Anything is possible now that Ted Thompson is no longer the GM there as well. 

I could see that as a great landing spot for him.They have Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones that they drafted last year, but they could use a veteran presence in that RB room.

2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Anyone but NE. I want to like Frank haha.

I was waiting for somebody to post that. Besides, NE can't land every veteran player right? There's gotta be a cut off or another quality team that wants him right NB?  :D

Your post was very funny to me anyway. Thanks. 

I hope we made it clear to Gore that if he doesn't land a job he likes and is forced to retire, we'd like him to come back to Indy as some type of assistant RB coach or some other type of assistant.   You can never have enough quality people in an NFL locker room.   Gore has value to a team even after he retires.

I don't think Gore is all that unhappy with not being renewed by the Colts.  All he has left to do in his career is be on a team with a chance to win a championship.  And that's not going to be with a team coming off a 4-12 season.  Give him a chance to be with New England or Seattle or Green Bay, who could use a plug and play tough runner who converts first downs.  He'll get his chance.  Good luck to you, Frank!  You were a good teammate.

4 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

He is such a class act.  Hope he can catch on with a playoff contender.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/02/colts-frank-gore-free-agent

24 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I don't think Gore is all that unhappy with not being renewed by the Colts.  All he has left to do in his career is be on a team with a chance to win a championship.  And that's not going to be with a team coming off a 4-12 season.  Give him a chance to be with New England or Seattle or Green Bay, who could use a plug and play tough runner who converts first downs.  He'll get his chance.  Good luck to you, Frank!  You were a good teammate.

Yep, will miss Gore but I feel for him. He chose us over the Eagles.... yes the Eagles that just won the Super Bowl.

Seattle makes sense because he is familiar with that division and he played longer with the 49ers than the Colts, and that Seattle OL has regressed enough that a tough between the tackles RB that can get skinny through the tackles would be needed so that teams don't just rush RW every time.

31 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

The sad part is..we may rebound and win the division next year and he'll miss what he came here for

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I hope we made it clear to Gore that if he doesn't land a job he likes and is forced to retire, we'd like him to come back to Indy as some type of assistant RB coach or some other type of assistant.   You can never have enough quality people in an NFL locker room.   Gore has value to a team even after he retires.

Word is he wants to be a scout. I figure he'd want to set up camp in Miami, but he could be a SE area scout for the Colts down there.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I would be all for that...haha

4 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Just the truth..Frank was a tough runner..He could turn 3 yds into 5, 2 yds into 4 that was his strength..The fact is he left a lot of big plays on the field, made our offense easy to defend and predictable..

Total nonsense

10 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Ok...Lets see who offers him a starting job?? Frank is a good dude and solid pro, but I am glad we aren't offering him a contract..

Best RB we have had since Edge.    Now let's go waste a roster spot in someone when we do not need too. 

And PLEASE to everyone that wants to WASTE a pick at 3 for RB or depend on Mack.  Who is maybe a one down back.