Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard and Reich Press Conference Thread

IndyScribe

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Yeah wish gore the best but we can't keep an older runningback in this league....maybe mack is the future?

At the very least I'd feel comfortable with Mack and Turbin sharing the load. I don't see us making it out of FA or the draft without 1 or 2 potential starting RB's.

Side note: I keep forgetting to ask, but what part of the 757 are you from?

2 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Yeah wish gore the best but we can't keep an older runningback in this league....maybe mack is the future?

that or they plan on signing a veteran FA or taking Barkley(Man, I'd absolutely hate that) or possibly Chubb (RB) in rd 2

I think going by Ballard's presser, Melvin and Moncrief are going to entering the free agency. Ballard spoke about resigning key players quickly and making sure they are signed up but the start of the FA. I think in Melvin's case, they have an offer, but he is going to test the market. I dont think Ballard rates Moncrief.

He also values the 3rd overall pick highly. It will take a lot for him to move back.

11 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

I think going by Ballard's presser, Melvin and Moncrief are going to entering the free agency. Ballard spoke about resigning key players quickly and making sure they are signed up but the start of the FA. I think in Melvin's case, they have an offer, but he is going to test the market. I dont think Ballard rates Moncrief.

He also values the 3rd overall pick highly. It will take a lot for him to move back.

I think CB is going to try and find a JuJu Smith in this draft. Moncrief has proven he can be that type of receiver, but its not consistent. I hope there is a guy out there that can compliment TY.

29 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

If Barkley is there he will be a COLT..All the RB haters just need to get used to it. We have an actual competent G.M who sees the light..Might as well jump on the bandwagon now. ..

So if CB takes Chubb at 3, he is then incompetent?

4 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

4 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

No man, but the chances of Barkley being bigtime are much higher and it is a position of need..Chubb could take 3 years to develop into something good, by then it'll almost be time to pay him a lot of money to keep him..Barkley' s impact will be instant and could add 3 to 4 wins year 1...Ballard will take Barkley if he is there, he knows we need a gamechanger, and it's no certainty Luck will play a much longer..

47 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

If Barkley is there he will be a COLT..All the RB haters just need to get used to it. We have an actual competent G.M who sees the light..Might as well jump on the bandwagon now. ..

Can't say what Ballard will or wont do. But Oh Man, perhaps we on the forum should start a go fund me for your medical bills or home repairs that will incur should Ballard pass on Barkley. :)

10 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

No man, but the chances of Barkley being bigtime are much higher and it is a position of need..Chubb could take 3 years to develop into something good, by then it'll almost be time to pay him a lot of money to keep him..Barkley' s impact will be instant and could add 3 to 4 wins year 1...Ballard will take Barkley if he is there, he knows we need a gamechanger, and it's no certainty Luck will play a much longer..

Ballard also emphasized this is a deep draft for RBs and that good ones will be there in rounds 3-6.  He did not say ANYTHING that tips their hand one way or another in terms of what they'll do with the #3 pick so can we PLEASE not turn this into yet another Barkley vs. Chubb debate?  

9 minutes ago, J@son said:

Ballard also emphasized this is a deep draft for RBs and that good ones will be there in rounds 3-6.  He did not say ANYTHING that tips their hand one way or another in terms of what they'll do with the #3 pick so can we PLEASE not turn this into yet another Barkley vs. Chubb debate?  

I'm not , just reading into certain things here and there I got a good feeling about it...Could be a smokescreen, or he might not even be there..We will get a good football player regardless I know that much..

1 hour ago, IndyD4U said:

I have no Issues with Barkley, Chubb, or trading down

How dare you have that attitude on this forum.  Don't you know you have to pick one and vehemently criticize anyone that disagree with that position.  Not only that but you have to put down the other player and make it seem like that player is all hype but the one you have chosen is a sure thing.

You've been posting on this forum for a long, time you should know the rules by now.

(For what it's worth I agree with you.  I think either Barkley or Chubb will help the Colts.  Trading down is not a bad option either because Barkley and Chubb are not the only good players in the draft.)

I figured Gore would be gone. The handwriting was on the wall everybody knew it even Frank. He is a HOF back. Ballard is right about that. Thanks Frank for all your hard work in INDY. 

I loved what Frank said about Andrew. He's a team first guy running after DBs & LBs on turnovers, but I gotta talk to him about that. Translation: Don't tackle anybody Luck. We need you healthy man. LOL! 

Ballard said that if he thinks a guy is a difference maker he will take em in any round. Hopefully, that's a good omen for Barkley. Man, I hope so. Time will tell I guess.  Whoever we acquire at #3, I"ll be cool with regardless. I want Barkley bad, I'm not gonna lie, but I won't be crushed if me miss out. Disappointed yes, but life goes on. 

19 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Ok but you asked about at 3? So I'm still not understanding what you're saying

I said from all the various talks from Ballard, Reich and Irsay it seems like we may be drafting Barkley. Someone quoted me and said he'll be gone. I said by 3? Doubt it. 

Picking up what im throwing down now? ;)

1 hour ago, J@son said:

I thought he sounded like he won't take Chubb at 3 because there are good pass rushers in later rounds. Which might mean he's looking to trade back. But I could be wrong. 

2 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

Unfortunate, but the right choice if he wants to much. From JMV, he wants higher than the Colts are willing to pay.

I can see this strategy with Melvin.  They have set their price and let him see what his market is.  But I hope he doesn't use the same strategy with Norwell or any other premium FA we are targeting.  If we want him we are going to have to pay.  That's just the way it is.  We have the money and to lose him because we have assigned an arbitrary value we are willing to pay is crazy.  Maybe for a lower tier FA but we will have to pay if we want a top tier guy.  You don't mess around.