Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft Browns snag Andrew Luck in trade, Colts own three top-5 picks

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-pull-off-andrew-luck-trade-colts-own-three-top-five-picks/

I don't know if anyone posted this yet. Just wow. I really don't ever get into pre-draft talks because i'm not very knowledgeable. But you guys can learn me some things haha

My gosh, you scared me @Chrisaaron1023! Total clickbait...

just imagin... If they actaully did do the trade and we got one of the qbs and turned out as good as everyone says he will be... Then we pick up barkley and chubb on top of it... O router we could trade the 4th pick and pick up nelson or chub a a couple picks after the trade down! we would be sb bound lol

6 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

We would get two of our top three favorites with that haul but I just don't think trading luck is the answer.

Well thats the big question. No one really knows what we will get out of Luck moving forward.

This hypothetical trade is not just a big haul BUT INSURANCE that incase Luck's future is limited we have something to build on.

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Well thats the big question. No one really knows what we will get out of Luck moving forward.

This hypothetical trade is not just a big haul BUT INSURANCE that incase Luck's future is limited we have something to build on.

Just imagine if luck turns out okay tho...  We look stupid

It would certainly make for a fun draft day for the Colts if this were to happen. The Colts would OWN this draft, no question. I would hope, though, that if they got the #1 overall pick, they'd trade that for even more picks, and maybe not even draft a QB round 1, but instead swap Quenton Nelson in, and then add a QB in round 2 or 3 to compete with Brissett. 

Just now, PeterBowman said:

I'd be asking for something equal or more to the Hershel Walker trade.

Though 3 of the first 4 picks in the 1st round plus multiple second round is intriguing.

I can't see Ballard pulling the trigger, but I'd at least listen to it.

I gotta think Ballard would at least listen to an offer like that, since he has repeatedly said this team is never about 1 individual. The ability to add multiple highly talented guys could entice him, but I think Chris would ask for more. Maybe something like #1, 4, 33, 35, and Myles Garrett. I would possibly make that deal. 

52 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Just imagine if luck turns out okay tho...  We look stupid

Even if Luck turned out to be okay, Indy would end up with 3 studs who I feel will all be potential pro bowl players in Chubb, Barkley, and Nelson. Plus like I said before, I would demand more, like adding Myles Garrett in the mix too. Then I'd potentially make the deal. You'd have arguably the best young DL in the league, and your defense would possibly become elite very quickly, and you'd also have one of the most talented RBs in the league with a very good OL after adding Quenton Nelson. 

With all that surrounding the QB, I don't know how Brissett would fail in the 2018 season. I think even with Brissett as the starting QB with that roster, Indy could win the AFC South. 

7 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I gotta think Ballard would at least listen to an offer like that, since he has repeatedly said this team is never about 1 individual. The ability to add multiple highly talented guys could entice him, but I think Chris would ask for more. Maybe something like #1, 4, 33, 35, and Myles Garrett. I would possibly make that deal. 

now there is something I'd have a hard time wrestling with because it's so tempting.

10 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yeah maybe. 

But if Darnold is good, and I think he will be PLUS Barkley and all those other picks. 

It could be a trade that helps Both Teams Bigtime.

Certainly Risky for Both Teams too. Lolt

I would not take a qb. I would trade that #1 pick to the bills for their two #1's at 21st and 22nd

that would give us 4 1st round picks. and hear is what I would do with the 3rd and 4th pick I would take Barkley and Chubb

with the 21 and 22nd picks I would take those 2 very good G's Wynn and Price

with our #2 pick I would take an EDGE

I think we could get by with Brisett at qb we would have a great running game and a desent passing especially with our new style O

55 minutes ago, reidaj1812 said:

I would not take a qb. I would trade that #1 pick to the bills for their two #1's at 21st and 22nd

that would give us 4 1st round picks. and hear is what I would do with the 3rd and 4th pick I would take Barkley and Chubb

with the 21 and 22nd picks I would take those 2 very good G's Wynn and Price

with our #2 pick I would take an EDGE

I think we could get by with Brisett at qb we would have a great running game and a desent passing especially with our new style O

The Bills would have to add a whole lot more than that for the #1 pick.. 

3 fly's for the ointment of this thread.

#1 The Giants could just as easily take Barkley, or trade out with someone who wants to take Barkley.

#2 We would look like total knob's as a franchise if Luck turns out to be just fine, trading away a franchise QB, for a "potential" franchise QB......it would be a cahoneys the size of 18 wheelers move if it worked, and we would be the laughing stock of the league for years to come if it didn't....

#3 Locker room character: We say to the team, we don't care if you get hurt laying it on the line for the Colts, in fact it makes you vulnerable to being traded away against your will...

I would do that trade in a heartbeat if they threw in 2 seconds...#1-Barkley, #3-Trade back with Jets pick up pick in 2nd and 3rd draft Nelson, #4-Chubb..4 picks top of 2nd-Leighten Vander Esch,Taven Bryan, Dallas Goedert, Obggonnia Okoronkwo,..3rd Round St.Brown, Lamar Jackson if available or Simmie Cobbs Jr..That is the foundation for a dynasty in the making..Luck is probably gonna retire young, might only play another 6 years.I could switch out the 3 or 4 take Darnold if he is there let him sit for a year, he is the cream of crop out of these QBs.. Especially If we get Norwell in free agency..

:facepalm: While it might look good on paper, if Luck is healthy enough for someone to sell the farm for him, he's good enough to get us to the promise land! I wouldn't do it, and I think fans would revolt if this were to happen. Sure, you have a bunch of great prospects, but you have a known top 10 QB (some even say top 5) and you trade him away? This is the league of the QB, you can't let him go, that's the ONE advantage we have over most other teams...a franchise QB.

20 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Reminds me of a Madden Draft

My Madden trades usually involves me drafting a MLB in the 7th round, switching him to DE, playing him for a year and getting a 1st and 4th round pick for him the next. Or drafting a new QB in the 7th and getting a 1 and 2.

1 hour ago, Str8himalaya said:

:facepalm: While it might look good on paper, if Luck is healthy enough for someone to sell the farm for him, he's good enough to get us to the promise land! I wouldn't do it, and I think fans would revolt if this were to happen. Sure, you have a bunch of great prospects, but you have a known top 10 QB (some even say top 5) and you trade him away? This is the league of the QB, you can't let him go, that's the ONE advantage we have over most other teams...a franchise QB.

i would take it because i think luck will end up retired by the time he is 34-35.  im not counting on him playing to 40 anymore like some QBs do 

lots of ways we could go with those picks, for now id lean towards darnold, chubb and barkley.  could trade or substitue someone else if the giants take chubb or barkley

31 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i would take it because i think luck will end up retired by the time he is 34-35.  im not counting on him playing to 40 anymore like some QBs do 

lots of ways we could go with those picks, for now id lean towards darnold, chubb and barkley.  could trade or substitue someone else if the giants take chubb or barkley

If Browns don't take Darnold at 1 they should lose their team again based on incompetence...The more I watch him I see a franchise guy..Has a Dan Marino rocket arm and swagger to go with it..You need a cannon to play QB in the wind in Cleveland..

6 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

If Browns don't take Darnold at 1 they should lose their team again based on incompetence...The more I watch him I see a franchise guy..Has a Dan Marino rocket arm and swagger to go with it..You need a cannon to play QB in the wind in Cleveland..

I think Darnold will develop into a Big Game QB and make big plays while defensive players are grabbing him.

I compare him to Big Ben but a bit more athletic. 

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

I would do that trade in a heartbeat if they threw in 2 seconds...#1-Barkley, #3-Trade back with Jets pick up pick in 2nd and 3rd draft Nelson, #4-Chubb..4 picks top of 2nd-Leighten Vander Esch,Taven Bryan, Dallas Goedert, Obggonnia Okoronkwo,..3rd Round St.Brown, Lamar Jackson if available or Simmie Cobbs Jr..That is the foundation for a dynasty in the making..Luck is probably gonna retire young, might only play another 6 years.I could switch out the 3 or 4 take Darnold if he is there let him sit for a year, he is the cream of crop out of these QBs.. Especially If we get Norwell in free agency..

I would do this trade in an instant as well. I think the Indy fanbase is somewhat down on Luck now, so this wouldn't be a hard sell. 3 of the top 4 picks. Take Barkley #1, then Chubb and Nelson at 3 and 4. Then trade up for someone like Josh Allen at the latest point you think he'll fall too with the two 2nd rounders you received. After that, go BPA the rest of the draft and we should have a solid new team. Completely agree Luck may only play 6 more years. I'd even take the under on that.

29 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think Darnold will develop into a Big Game QB and make big plays while defensive players are grabbing him.

I compare him to Big Ben but a bit more athletic. 

He is the perfect QB for that division in those conditions..

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would do this trade in an instant as well. I think the Indy fanbase is somewhat down on Luck now, so this wouldn't be a hard sell. 3 of the top 4 picks. Take Barkley #1, then Chubb and Nelson at 3 and 4. Then trade up for someone like Josh Allen at the latest point you think he'll fall too with the two 2nd rounders you received. After that, go BPA the rest of the draft and we should have a solid new team. Completely agree Luck may only play 6 more years. I'd even take the under on that.

I think you could be right. Wouldn't surprise me if it was way under than 6.