Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New WR Coach OR Assistant ST's Coach

Scott Pennock

It seems Frank Reich dug deep to find this guy Gunnard Twyner.

Played WR/ST's for the Bengals and Saints back in the day and then was a standout in the Arena League.

Has coached at the HS, JUCO, and Division I & II & III levels it looks like at Western Illinois, Arkansas State, Lafayette University and Dodge City CC from what I can tell so far.

I'm sure more details will come out shortly!

Now we just need a RB coach it looks like.....

His standout playing days as a Leatherneck and a professional have helped him in his coaching career. During the summer of 2009, Twyner worked with the Indianapolis Colts as an assistant quarterbacks coach (working with quarterback coach Frank Reich) as part of the NFL Minority Coaching internship. He assisted with quarterback, running back and wide receiver drills and sat in on all meetings.

http://www.goleathernecks.com/coaches.aspx?rc=692&path=

Gregg Easterbrook, October 15, 2006 from an ESPN Article:

"

This Week's High School Item: A couple years ago I touted James Collins, a gifted coach who took over the program at my kids' high school, which hadn't had a winning season in a decade, and by his second year reached round two of the state playoffs. My kids' high school is struggling this season, so let me redirect your attention to a graduate of Collins' coaching staff, a former Arena League (and briefly NFL) player named Gunnard Twyner. He was Collins' offensive coordinator, then in the offseason became head coach at Kennedy High School of Silver Spring, Md. Kennedy long has been a troubled school owing to academic problems plus complex racial politics; and on the much less important topic of football, its football teams were just dreadful. When Twyner was hired, Kennedy had lost 26 consecutive games. School spirit was so low only a handful of guys came out for tryouts in the August heat. Home games were staged in eerie silence before a few dozen morose immediate relatives of players. Last season, Kennedy was outscored 368-43.

Obviously, I'm telling you all this because there has been a remarkable turnaround. Just in his first season, Twyner has Kennedy at 5-1 and the talk of Maryland prep football. Smart and charismatic, somehow Twyner reversed the defeatist attitude of the school and made this summer's football tryouts an A-list event. He promised a deep-strike Rams-style attack to provide entertainment to spectators. Kennedy just played its homecoming before a raucous chanting crowd that would make any Texas high school football star feel at home. Twyner even managed to win a game 55-8 without running up the score -- it was 47-0 at the half and then he sat the starters. Remember the name "Gunnard Twyner" because in a few years you'll read it in your sports section when he is hired by a big-college program."

8 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

How about Frank Gore as RB coach. 

They'd find one of our RBs locked in a locker after halftime, tied up wkthout his helmet and jersey.

why you ask? Well, because Frank will be in the backfield with his helmet and jersey on... in STEALTH-mode.

Last year, i was waiting for Mathis to try this trick!

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

It seems Frank Reich dug deep to find this guy Gunnard Twyner.

Played WR/ST's for the Bengals and Saints back in the day and then was a standout in the Arena League.

Has coached at the HS, JUCO, and Division I & II & III levels it looks like at Western Illinois, Arkansas State, Lafayette University and Dodge City CC from what I can tell so far.

I'm sure more details will come out shortly!

Now we just need a RB coach it looks like.....

Um we also need a qb coach cuz our qb coach left to be a oc for Seattle 

8 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

He must have made a pretty good impression during that internship! Reich must have added him to his "binder" back then!

There can be only ONE binder, and you don't simply add to the binder; the binder adds to you.

6 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Looks like his daughters live and/or go to school in Indy

That's great. Err, wait, why were you looking up his daughters, and more importantly, what are their age and measurements?

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

There can be only ONE binder, and you don't simply add to the binder. The binder adds to you.

That's great. Err, wait, why were you looking up his daughters, and more importantly, what are their measurements?

There is only 1 copy left and Denzel Washington is its guardian.  

Here's our WRs coach:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/indianapolis-colts-wide-receivers-coach-new-staff-changes-kevin-patullo/1h0wq8jq1cd3nz45wwzfve8y8

SN source: Colts find new wide receivers coach in Kevin Patullo

February 27, 2018 11:25am EST Kevin Patullo is returning to his roots as an NFL wide receivers coach. A source told SN that Patulllo will be handling that position for the Colts on the staff being assembled by new head coach Frank Reich.Colts-helmets-022218-Getty-FTR.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS — Kevin Patullo is returning to his roots as an NFL wide receivers coach.

A source told Sporting News that Patulllo will be handling that position for the Indianapolis Colts on the staff being assembled by new head coach Frank Reich.

Patullo worked last season as an offensive analyst for Texas A&M after spending the previous two seasons as Jets quarterbacks coach. He had served as the assistant wide receivers coach for Tennessee (2014) and Buffalo (2012). He first broke into the NFL as an offensive assistant and quality control coach with Kansas City (2007-08) and the Bills (2010-11).

As first reported Tuesday morning by Sporting News, the Colts also are hiring Tom Rathman as their new running backs coach.