Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 AFC South will be the most competitive division

CR91

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Check his stats against the Patriots. Almost identical to Brady's minus 1 TD.

Stats don't tell the whole story here. Bortles stopped being effective when they were forced into 2nd/3rd long, as Pats put full effort and made necesseary adjustments to stop Fournette. Brady was playing against much talented D too and didn't have anywhere near his best game. If Jags had gotten great QB play, it would've been a blowout.

5 hours ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Yeah we MUST have seen a different game. I didn’t say they shouldn’t have went for a FG or they should have done this or that .... that’s irrelevant I’m SAYING .... and pay CLOSE attention. They came out cold and changed their game plan .... they took their foot off the gas and changed their play calling after panicking when the patriots def buckled down. 

You can put your opinion in all you want I have mine ..... 

They didn't change their gameplan, they didn't their foot off the gas nor did they make changes to their playcalling. They even scored on their first drive coming out of the half.

Shanahan remained aggressive as they ran the ball as much in the 2nd half as they did in the first. Patriots adjusted by dropping down the safeties hard to stop the run game. Falcons offensive line started to suffer from their injuries. Mack had broken his leg against GB IIRC. So Pats had their NT, Alan Branch, line up foot or two away from him so he had to take extra step or two with his broken leg to execute those outside zone runs that the Falcons run  Their both tackles suffered injuries, and I think their RT suffered pretty bad injuries during the game. In turn, they couldn't run the ball anymore and also had troubles pass blocking. Tevin Coleman also got injured and he was the better pass blocker between him and Freeman. Freeman didn't locate Hightower early enough on the strip-sack. Can't remember who but someone was wide open on that play.

Falcons were too aggressive, suffered bad untimely injuries, Patriots adjusted very well got unlucky on few key plays and displayed some terriblee situational playcalling/awareness. Like not running down the clock or kicking the FG when they were easily in the FG range.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Hooksalot said:

2 AFC South teams went to the playoffs and somehow the AFC south was at it's worse?  I don't think so.  Try again.

You had 2 teams that went 4-12 in Indy and Houston and neither had their starting QB's. The Jags won the Division by going 10-6,  you try again. Also 2 can play at this game, in 2012 when everyone said the Division sucked, Houston went 12-4 and we went 11-5 sending 2 teams to the Playoffs. I win.

8 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Whats stuck up your rear end today lol.

Not lucrative by other qb contracts BUT for his talent level it is way too lucrative.

$1 mil is too much for him.

He was consistently missing short passes in playoffs that I use to throw whem I was 15 years old! And so probably could most everyone on this forum.

If Jags were serious about taking next step and go to a SB they would be trying to acquire on of the QB's floating around and consider drafting one.

The broadcasters said during a playoff game Bortles is playing for his future with Jags. Even if the Jags win they might not bring him back. Unfortunately for Jag fans, they not only brought him back, they extended him.

Jags are gping no where with him.

If you happen to be captain of his fan club sorry if your feelings are hurt. Lol

I'm not wasting anymore time talking about Bortles.

With unrealistic definition of what is lucrative for NFL QBs, I can see why you think that. Unfortunately what you think and what is factual are completely different. 

I'm not saying he's good, just that you talk out your rear a lot.

-I think this upcoming season the Division will be really Good. Last season it just wasn't with Indy and Houston at 4-12 and not having their QB's. Jags won the Division at 10-6 by default and Tennessee was at 9-7. Our Division had a net loss of -10 at 27-37 which isn't good no matter how anyone wants to spin it. If all the teams are healthy this upcoming season, on paper we may not have a team below .500 in the Division.

-In comparison to the 2012 Season, Lucks Rookie Season the Division wasn't that Bad where people say it sucked. Here were the standings in 2012:

Houston 12-4 (made Playoffs)

Indy 11-5 (made Playoffs)

Tennessee 6-10

Jags 2-14 (the only real bad stinker of the bunch) 

*That is a net of only -2 at 31-33. Only reason why the net was even negative was because the Jags were just awful.

As the old saying goes.... "A great D and a great running game are a QB's best friend".

I think BB benefits from BOTH of these things.  However, the Jags need to be prepared for the effects of a lesser D and/or run game next yr.  The rest of the league is scouting them RIGHT NOW and they WILL have a recipe to counter Jax's D & run game.  BB will need to step up his game in order for Jax to maintain their success IMO.