Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Tyrell Adams

1959Colts

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/2/23/17046438/colts-sign-free-agent-linebacker-tyrell-adams

...Adams has been a heavy special teams contributor and practice squad player, although he did see 99 defensive snaps in 2017. In 12 career games, he has 18 tackles. According to Raiders.com, Adams was in the competition for the Raiders’ starting middle linebacker spot during the 2017 offseason program, but he was ultimately unable to stick with the team.

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That is the other side of the coin

Yea, like 2 alternate universes around here.

on one side, you have us optimistic types.

on the other, the negative nancy, sky is falling types.

no middle ground it seems.

some people just assume the worst, some assume the best.

i'm glad i live in the latter world, its a MUCH nicer "world" to live in.

and in MOST cases, things turn out ok.  Why on earth would someone go thru live with a negative outlook?  I will never understand those types. Its like a self-fulfilling prophesy for them, i actually think some of them just enjoy being miserable.  Sad really.

6 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/2/23/17046438/colts-sign-free-agent-linebacker-tyrell-adams

...Adams has been a heavy special teams contributor and practice squad player, although he did see 99 defensive snaps in 2017. In 12 career games, he has 18 tackles. According to Raiders.com, Adams was in the competition for the Raiders’ starting middle linebacker spot during the 2017 offseason program, but he was ultimately unable to stick with the team.

The Raiders have a pretty darn good LB corps.  I would venture to say a couple of their back-ups would have found the way onto the field as starters for us last year.

Not getting my hopes too high, but if he can come in and provide depth and perform well on STs, or at least increase training camp competition (you know, "iron sharpens iron"), it can't be a bad thing.

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Yea, like 2 alternate universes around here.

on one side, you have us optimistic types.

on the other, the negative nancy, sky is falling types.

no middle ground it seems.

some people just assume the worst, some assume the best.

i'm glad i live in the latter world, its a MUCH nicer "world" to live in.

and in MOST cases, things turn out ok.  Why on earth would someone go thru live with a negative outlook?  I will never understand those types. Its like a self-fulfilling prophesy for them, i actually think some of them just enjoy being miserable.  Sad really.

According to Stephen Hawking there may be as many as 22 universes and all with football and beer.

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

No is should say bagging 

We all knew what you meant PT. It took me a second to figure out what was so funny. All caught up now. 

Welcome to INDY Mr. Adams. A good acquisition by Ballard. Small sample size but it gives us something to build on I guess right? 

1 hour ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Your kidding right this is crap signing why somebody so old and aged that does not need to be in the NFL uniform and way past his prime.

You do realize he's 25 right? That's in no way old. He's also a camp body. There are 90 spots and they need to be filled someway.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:22 PM, Freenyfan102 said:

Your kidding right this is crap signing why somebody so old and aged that does not need to be in the NFL uniform and way past his prime.

Just a word of friendly advice. Look something up before inserting your foot in your mouth.

On 2/24/2018 at 1:22 PM, Freenyfan102 said:

Why do you bother posting when it is clear you have no idea what you are talking about?

On 2/24/2018 at 1:22 PM, Freenyfan102 said:

I think you meant to post in a different thread.  

There is nothing wrong with this signing.   Like I said, a cheap, young filler.