MTC

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

Please elaborate in detail 

Lol...

Had a boss once who idolized Frank Booth (Dennis Hopper's character from Blue Velvet). I got called in once on my day off to help close up shop because he got arrested for trying to shoot a petty thief...

Also worked with a guy once, who has now served 9 years of a 30 year sentence...

There's unsavory fellows everywhere, or maybe I'm like a crazy magnet & I just find the crazy. Would explain what I'm doing here!!! O.o

1 minute ago, Buck Showalter said:

Lol...

Had a boss once who idolized Frank Booth (Dennis Hopper's character from Blue Velvet). I got called in once on my day off to help close up shop because he got arrested for trying to shoot a petty thief...

Also worked with a guy once, who has now served 9 years of a 30 year sentence...

There's unsavory fellows everywhere, or maybe I'm like a crazy magnet & I just find the crazy. Would explain what I'm doing here!!! O.o

Wow

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

About 3 by my count.  Flat out told him he basically didn't have the right to think what he was thinking based upon the way he was thinking about it.

Not once did I or anyone state that he didn’t have the right to state his opinion. We disagreed with his reasoning and told him why. Then the internet genius thing came up then you chimed in with some of your nonsense. 

I don't know if this will be a good hire or not. Nobody does, but dismissing a coach because he worked with a bad NFL HC is in my opinion short sighted. 

1 minute ago, Dilger85 said:

Not once did I or anyone state that he didn’t have the right to state his opinion. We disagreed with his reasoning and told him why. Then the internet genius thing came up then you chimed in with some of your nonsense. 

I don't know if this will be a good hire or not. Nobody does, but dismissing a coach because he worked with a bad NFL HC is in my opinion short sighted. 

Still not sure how or why My positive attitude was attacked

4 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Not sure I follow how this is relevant. 

Did you work with him once because of random luck, or because you were hired in to a group because you shared similar philosophies....like a HC would hire an OC?

4 hours ago, Superman said:

Like who?

Wasn't about you man..You are very measured and analytical in many of your posts, but it's obvious it's coming from you..A few on here literally rewrite word for word something they have read, and act like they said it, and I'm not talking about stats or copying and pasting something, or quoting the source..I mean literally act like it came from them...

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

This whole thread went really sideways. I mean in a thread discussing an assistant we’ve touched on what constitutes evidence, knowledge, science, data, and true fandom.  That is a full discussion. Thanks for the latitude. 

16 minutes ago, Dilger85 said:

Strawman.  I didnt say state it.  You criticized the basis of it.

And, offensive minded football coaches get hired together because of similar philosophies, so there is a decent point to his comment.  They don't "work with" each other out of randomness.

Maybe Jared's 5 seconds of intuition is better than someone else's 5 minutes of "research".  As you say, nobody knows.

15 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Not sure I follow how this is relevant. 

Did you work with him once because of random luck, or because you were hired in to a group because you shared similar philosophies....like a HC would hire an OC?

Lol...

Hmmm not sure, let me Google that & look up the stats for that...

I was obviously joking around about being judged by previous acquaintances or bosses. Someone asked for details so I tried to think of the two most unsavory individuals I could have previously been associated with, again, joking around.

But you're right it wasn't relevant at all...

Anyways, ill apologize if I derailed the already derailed thread...

Lol...

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

And, offensive minded football coaches get hired together because of similar philosophies, so there is a decent point to his comment.  They don't "work with" each other out of randomness.

Maybe Jared's 5 seconds of intuition is better than someone else's 5 minutes of "research".  As you say, nobody knows.

It does happen and the Colts have three guys that FR had nothing to do with 

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So he had a right to state his opinion using research but I didn’t. You can’t gain intuition by reading a name. Reich worked with Mike McCoy does that mean that Reich is a awful coach?

23 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Lol...

Hmmm not sure, let me Google that & look up the stats for that...

I was obviously joking around about being judged by previous acquaintances or bosses. Someone asked for details so I tried to think of the two most unsavory individuals I could have previously been associated with, again, joking around.

But you're right it wasn't relevant at all...

Anyways, ill apologize if I derailed the already derailed thread...

Lol...

I'm a little edgy because I think I have about 3 people arguing with me over something I really don't care much about.

I think what's going on here is that some people take modern social training a bit too seriously and reflexively become offended at the notion of anybody ever using a concept remotely similar to "guilt by association" to form any opinion about anything, and they feel the need to be the self appointed righteous internet police to call the person out.

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Additionally, Trestman’s offensive philosophies were what some of us were saying was actually good because of his long line of success as an offensive coach. 

22 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It actually happens all the time PT.  But fret not, there's this dude out there that constantly reminds us that "everything will be ok".  As long as he's out there.......we'll be ok (although I wonder sometimes how he can be so sure).  All forum discussions are a "take it with a grain of salt" type affair.  As I'm sure you well know.......

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I'm a little edgy because I think I have about 3 people arguing with me over something I really don't care much about.

I think what's going on here is that some people take modern social training a bit too seriously and reflectively become offended at the notion of anybody ever using a concept remotely similar to "guilt by association" to form any opinion about anything, and they feel the need to be the self appointed righteous internet police to call the person out.

Nope, just don’t agree with opinions that are in my opinion faulty. 

1 hour ago, Buck Showalter said:

Lol...

We are all crazy time thieves, who steal from ourselves

Why the # did I read this whole thread? Lol

I think Reich will collaborate well and I think he's definitely trying to go the route the Eagles did where a team collaboration will dictate what happens week to week coaching wise.

Let's keep it 100 on this one, we don't know what this dude can or can't do.

12 hours ago, Superman said:

Those are both more specific than I was going for. What I'm amused by is the thinking that, if an assistant worked with a bad head coach or coordinator, it means that assistant isn't any good at his job.

The old 'he was with Team X, and they sucked, why would anyone hire him?'

But obviously, what you point out is just as ridiculous.

Well and the funny thing is, coaches, particularly position coaches, will never become clear whether they were good or bad until years down the road and most times, the evidence of that is whether they are still with the team or have moved up in the world.  It's not even the most explicit evidence of any of those things, but it's all we really have.  That being said, it's only a microcosm of the entire picture.  Simply put, there's no way the outside football fan has any insight into the coaching that particular position coach engages in, much less whether he is succeeding or failing at it.

On 2/22/2018 at 7:52 PM, ricker182 said:

Last name of Brady?

This guy is really going to have to impress for me to accept him.  

Always skeptical of "Brady's".

Careful.....

There's an actual Brady on this website....  and he walks among us!

And he's...  he's...  he's...  actually... Popular!    :peek:

That's cool. Is he the QB coach?

1 hour ago, Freenyfan102 said:

are they already trying to tank the next season he is from Marc Trestman  coaching and he can not coach let alone call plays.

I don't get this line of reasoning. From what I've heard, he's pretty good, considering his team just won the championship and his QB played well.

1 hour ago, Freenyfan102 said:

are they already trying to tank the next season he is from Marc Trestman  coaching and he can not coach let alone call plays.

Please, tell all of us your vast knowledge of Marcus Brady and why he will not be a good position coach with the Colts. FYI, the fact that he coached under Trestman for a period of time is not a good reason.