Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Toronto Argos' OC Marcus Brady joining the Colts staff

MTC

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of this hire. Don't want anyone who has anything to do (especially learning from) Marc Trestman. The guy is a garbage coach at the NFL level on the Bears. Did nothing worth hiring anyone associated with him. If I'm an NFL HC, I'm staying away from people who learned from him, as he was a failure at the NFL level. There's a reason he was doing the CFL, because his tactics didn't work in the NFL. Don't need his guys repeating it here.

37 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I read this initially as Marcus Brody.

image.png.5fc1218b67c10f3f673be8885da9d2b2.png

Gotta love the line in The Last Crusade Indiana Jones movie where Harrison Ford lies that Marcus Brody will blend in anywhere, just to confess later to Sean Connery "I made all that up. You know Marcus. He once got lost in his own museum." :) Classic!!!

35 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Trestman’s Argo Staff has a NCAA/NFL Flavor

Spread offense, RPOs, the flavor of the month right now in the NFL, especially with more and more OL coming from spread offenses. Why place a square peg in a round hole?

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Gotta love the line in The Last Crusade Indiana Jones movie where Harrison Ford lies that Marcus Brody will blend in anywhere, just to confess later to Sean Connery "I made all that up. You know Marcus. He once got lost in his own museum." :) Classic!!!

Literally might be one of my favorite lines of all time.

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not a fan of this hire. Don't want anyone who has anything to do (especially learning from) Marc Trestman. The guy is a garbage coach at the NFL level on the Bears. Did nothing worth hiring anyone associated with him. If I'm an NFL HC, I'm staying away from people who learned from him, as he was a failure at the NFL level. There's a reason he was doing the CFL, because his tactics didn't work in the NFL. Don't need his guys repeating it here.

Who was that spectacular, promising, Bears QB that Trestman ruined?

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This line of thinking always amuses me. 

Just now, buccolts said:

Who was that spectacular, promising, Bears QB that Trestman ruined?

Did I say Trestman ruined a young Bears QB? Quote me if I did. He didn't do a thing while on the Bears though and managed to wear out his welcome in a couple years. Actually made Pagano look good by comparision 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

This line of thinking always amuses me. 

When you only have one stint in the NFL, that's what you get judged on, like it or not. You can judge this hire based on what fits your narrative, but Marcus Brady learned from someone that was an absolute failure at the NFL Level, and those are the facts. CFL isn't NFL, it's close by 2/3, but no cigar.

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

When you only have one stint in the NFL, that's what you get judged on, like it or not. You can judge this hire based on what fits your narrative, but Marcus Brady learned from someone that was an absolute failure at the NFL Level, and those are the facts. CFL isn't NFL, it's close by 2/3, but no cigar.

Not sure it's enough to judge everyone ever in contact with the man in his professional life though..... Open up, tell us how you really feel about Coach Trestman...... j/k

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Would you please start doing more research on these coaches before reacting.  Marc has been a very highly thought of and respected offensive innovator in the league since the early 90s.  His one shot at HC went horribly but he knows offense.  I would not have any reservations about hiring an offensive coach that has worked with him before.  Marc has a reputation for doing wonders with quarterbacks and there is proof to back that up throughout his career.

14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

First, you're drastically overstating how bad Trestman was in the NFL.

Second, assuming that he doesn't know how to coach QBs is a huge leap that doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

Third, assuming that anyone he ever worked with doesn't know how to coach QBs is another huge leap that doesn't make sense.

7 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Not sure it's enough to judge everyone ever in contact with the man in his professional life though..... Open up, tell us how you really feel about Coach Trestman...... j/k

Oh no, if I open up, I will never shut up. Trestman is a bum as a coach at the NFL level. His CFL ideas didn't work, and I don't want anyone associated with him coming on board. That's how I feel. Don't want Luck associated with this garbage. This really grinds my gears Shafty.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Oh no, if I open up, I will never shut up. Trestman is a bum as a coach at the NFL level. His CFL ideas didn't work, and I don't want anyone associated with him coming on board. That's how I feel. Don't want Luck associated with this garbage. This really grinds my gears Shafty.

You do realize that he didn't start in the CFL, right?

26 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

One HC job does make the person

If that was the case 

BB would have been in early retirement 

MT was a successful and respected QB Guru in the NFL b fore and after his stint in Chicago 

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Please just read his wiki page.....literally everywhere he has gone his offenses have gotten better or even led the league. As a head coach he didn't get it done...but offensively even in Chicago they excelled under him.....so what exactly makes him a bum?? Because if Marc is a bum....there is going to be a very very very short list more accomplished at their job then this guy....then they are all bums.

As for Brady....I don't know much about him...but I'm definitely not holding Trestman against him. Frank is going to have a big finger on the offense...I trust everyone else involved will help him communicate and teach his vision.

11 minutes ago, Dilger85 said:

Would you please start doing more research on these coaches before reacting.  Marc has been a very highly thought of and respected offensive innovator in the league since the early 90s.  His one shot at HC went horribly but he knows offense.  I would not have any reservations about hiring an offensive coach that has worked with him before.  Marc has a reputation for doing wonders with quarterbacks and there is proof to back that up throughout his career.

I realize what he did in 83 in Miami and in 89 on the Browns, neither were HC jobs. He got some value out of Jake Plummer and did well with Rich Gannon, but as an OC. Funny thing is, you probably knew nothing about him and just looked up some info just to learn about him 5 mins ago. It's always copy/paste, click on an article. No one has any real knowledge, they just look it up and pretend too. Half the people on here would be lost if they were talking in public instead of on a computer. I may not do as much research, but at least I'm not fake where I pretend to know more than I do. What I talk about is what I 100% know.

2 minutes ago, Dilger85 said:

You do realize that he didn't start in the CFL, right?

How about the fact that he didn't try to recreate his CFL offense in the NFL, or the fact that the reason he didn't succeed in the NFL isn't because his offense didn't work in this league?