Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck throwing HEAVIER balls than footballs

csmopar

https://www.wthr.com/article/report-andrew-luck-throwing-weighted-balls-heavier-than-footballs

PUBLISHED: ABOUT AN HOUR AGO
UPDATED: ABOUT AN HOUR AGO

INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) - Andrew Luck still isn't throwing footballs, but a report surfaced Wednesday morning that he is throwing weighted balls that actually weigh more than a football.

The report came from Ian Rapoport, a highly regarded reporter for the NFL Network.

Andrew Luck isn’t throwing football yet, but I’m told he’s throwing weighted balls heavier than footballs. More good news below https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/966138845757607936 

Luck himself said in an interview last night that he's feeling better, and said more surgery is "not an option." Luck missed the entire 2017 season after having surgery to repair a partially torn labrum in his throwing shoulder.

There were other good signs, too. New coach Frank Reich expressed hope about having Luck on the field when offseason workouts begin in April. Reich says he's not "demanding an answer" about it but that he is optimistic.

Luck (shoulder) has started throwing a football and doesn't believe he'll need another surgery, the Indianapolis Star reports. "That ship has sailed in my mind, which is also a bit of relief now, if I'm not going to lie," Luck said of the possibility of another surgery on his shoulder.

Luck has been working with quarterbacking gurus Tom House and Adam Dedeaux in Los Angeles and is throwing the football and strengthening his shoulder. Luck missed the 2017 season after surgery in January 2017 to repair a torn labrum and was shut down in October after he had soreness during a throwing program. With his recent progress, Luck could be ready to participate in Indy's offseason workouts in late April. Despite the improvement, we may not have a real idea if Luck can return to an NFL game until he's seen throwing in team workouts this spring or summer.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/colts-andrew-luck-starts-throwing-football-again/

Edited by ÅÐØNϧ 1
added link

32 minutes ago, csmopar said:

https://www.wthr.com/article/report-andrew-luck-throwing-weighted-balls-heavier-than-footballs

PUBLISHED: ABOUT AN HOUR AGO
UPDATED: ABOUT AN HOUR AGO

INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) - Andrew Luck still isn't throwing footballs, but a report surfaced Wednesday morning that he is throwing weighted balls that actually weigh more than a football.

The report came from Ian Rapoport, a highly regarded reporter for the NFL Network.

Andrew Luck isn’t throwing football yet, but I’m told he’s throwing weighted balls heavier than footballs. More good news below https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/966138845757607936 

Luck himself said in an interview last night that he's feeling better, and said more surgery is "not an option." Luck missed the entire 2017 season after having surgery to repair a partially torn labrum in his throwing shoulder.

There were other good signs, too. New coach Frank Reich expressed hope about having Luck on the field when offseason workouts begin in April. Reich says he's not "demanding an answer" about it but that he is optimistic.

There must be a way that we can spin this into bad news or at least disappointing news.

2 hours ago, Cynjin said:

There must be a way that we can spin this into bad news or at least disappointing news.

There’s nothing bad about this news. Throwing weighed balls is a rehab thing to build strength. We still won’t know until he gets back to actually slinging a football around without soreness. I would think his initial rehab included weighted balls too. It looks like he’s completely started over with his rehab but maybe taking it slower this time. He keeps saying he’s not going to skip any steps which makes me wonder if he rushed through his first rehab. 

9 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

There’s nothing bad about this news. Throwing weighed balls is a rehab thing to build strength. We still won’t know until he gets back to actually slinging a football around without soreness. I would think his initial rehab included weighted balls too. It looks like he’s completely started over with his rehab but maybe taking it slower this time. He keeps saying he’s not going to skip any steps which makes me wonder if he rushed through his first rehab. 

My apologies, I should have put up the sarcasm sign.

4 hours ago, Devildog said:

His right arm will be bigger than his left one, lol.

4 hours ago, deedub75 said:

I wondered the same thing!

2 hours ago, Solon said:

wBe4W.png

I was looking for this very picture 

6 hours ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Good now go to a football lol! 

In time... see below.

4 hours ago, deedub75 said:

Very reasonable take.

All these reports Luck hasn't thrown a football. I find it hard to believe at some point during all this time he hasn't picked a football up and thrown one. Its human nature. He's a QB. He's prolly got footballs lying all over the place collecting dust, stumbling over them. Didn't at least pick one up and throw it wondering how the ole sidearm is coming along? 

43 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

All these reports Luck hasn't thrown a football. I find it hard to believe at some point during all this time he hasn't picked a football up and thrown one. Its human nature. He's a QB. He's prolly got footballs lying all over the place collecting dust, stumbling over them. Didn't at least pick one up and throw it wondering how the ole sidearm is coming along? 

Probably not.  I had Tommy John my Senior year of Highschool and wouldn't touch a baseball until my physical therapist started me on a throwing routine.  His shoulder is worth a lot more than my elbow.

5 hours ago, deedub75 said:

Yeah. he's probably underhanding the medicine ball...lol

57 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

All these reports Luck hasn't thrown a football. I find it hard to believe at some point during all this time he hasn't picked a football up and thrown one. Its human nature. He's a QB. He's prolly got footballs lying all over the place collecting dust, stumbling over them.  b  

Considering his (lack of) recovery circumstances, it is quite likely he was probably asked {possibly somewhat sternly} to refrain from doing so until instructed. That is part of what he means by not skipping steps.  And not to rush the process.  The ramifications of not doing so could be anywhere from a disappointing setback to a quite catastrophic event.  We all want to avoid any of those.