Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck says in Peter King interview that...

csmopar

2 hours ago, deedub75 said:

I still wonder what he’s throwing though. LOL! You’re right.  He did not totally rule out another surgery.  He said ‘in his mind’ he doesn’t need anther surgery. It’s encouraging that he believes so strongly but I still gotta see it. 

Yeah, I was hoping Peter King would ask him whether it was footballs or not. 

Just last wk Luck has yet to pick up a football so yes what is he throwing?  His answer even eluded to well not footballs but I am throwing something.  If your shoulder feels great, pick up a damn football for Pete’s sake but I’m sure they want to be cautious. Until Andrew Luck starts throwing regulated footballs 60 yds with no pain, just shut up & stop trying to convince ticket holders to step away from the ledge.  Fool me once shame on YOU but YOU won’t fool me twice!  

I've just assumed Luck will come back and dominate , and I haven't listened to any noise.

I may never forgive Irsay for hiring and keeping Grigson for as long as he did , but it's in the past now.

I don't care what anyone says, I'm never doubting that kid. His ascendancy to greatness is back on the rails. I'd suggest jumping on the train.

I'm happy for his optimism, and also raised spirits in the fan base.

I do want to caution you all, he said he found out how important it was to go through the process and not rush or skip steps. I truly feel it will be another 10-12 weeks or so before anybody will know if A. Luck will know whether he does or doesn't need another surgery, and eventually be on the field again.

45 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I'm happy for his optimism, and also raised spirits in the fan base.

I do want to caution you all, he said he found out how important it was to go through the process and not rush or skip steps. I truly feel it will be another 10-12 weeks or so before anybody will know if A. Luck will know whether he does or doesn't need another surgery, and eventually be on the field again.

10-12 wks is after the draft/fa period, do we risk another lost season waiting for answers on Luck’s bicep?  We can put a man on the moon but seem lost when it comes to Andrew Luck & his shoulder/bicep?  Franchise just seems uninformed for whatever reason?

9 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

10-12 wks is after the draft/fa period, do we risk another lost season waiting for answers on Luck’s bicep?  We can put a man on the moon but seem lost when it comes to Andrew Luck & his shoulder/bicep?  Franchise just seems uninformed for whatever reason?

Just because they aren’t telling us everything we want to know doesn’t mean they are telling us everything they know.

with that said everything the Colts are saying points to Luck being back.  They are being pretty clear.  We as fans are being skeptical, understandably so, after last season.  

Its nice a lot of you are excited about this interview but what did you expect him to say? He wouldn't say anything negative even if his arm was falling off. I won't be optimistic until I see or hear of him throwing footballs with success. This has been a year removed from surgery, that's an awful long time to have to rehab and still not throwing a football. To me, that's a bad sign. I cant speak specifically about Luck's shoulder issues but I now when my son, who was a pitcher, injured his shoulder and had surgery that he was told 1) the shoulder is the most complicated joint in the human body 2) there are no guarantees that surgery will fix the problem. The shoulder is so complex

3 hours ago, theanarchist said:

Its nice a lot of you are excited about this interview but what did you expect him to say? He wouldn't say anything negative even if his arm was falling off. I won't be optimistic until I see or hear of him throwing footballs with success. This has been a year removed from surgery, that's an awful long time to have to rehab and still not throwing a football. To me, that's a bad sign. I cant speak specifically about Luck's shoulder issues but I now when my son, who was a pitcher, injured his shoulder and had surgery that he was told 1) the shoulder is the most complicated joint in the human body 2) there are no guarantees that surgery will fix the problem. The shoulder is so complex

Well some people are optimist and some are pessimist.

6 hours ago, NDcolt said:

The franchise seem pretty informed to me. Unless you think Irsay and Ballard are liars.You sound quite a negative soul, cheer up.

I took great encouragement from what Andrew has said.

He is known for being fairly vague with answers and deliberately not trying to commit to anything so for him to say the "ship has sailed" on surgery makes me feel pretty confident and is a strong statement from the man himself.

Also, did anyone else notice how much more upbeat he was than previous media appearances?  From the get-go he was so much more positive in his tone and overall.  Seems to be a happy young man, really looking forward to getting back on the field.

Cautiously optimistic..........

8 hours ago, NDcolt said:

Just last wk Luck has yet to pick up a football so yes what is he throwing?  His answer even eluded to well not footballs but I am throwing something.  If your shoulder feels great, pick up a damn football for Pete’s sake but I’m sure they want to be cautious. Until Andrew Luck starts throwing regulated footballs 60 yds with no pain, just shut up & stop trying to convince ticket holders to step away from the ledge.  Fool me once shame on YOU but YOU won’t fool me twice!  

Are you always this angry?  Why?  Sitting around being all bent out of shape over something you have no control over is a waist of time. He is working with the best throwing coaches known in the country. I guess it will be their decision on when they tell Luck to pick up a damn football. 

13 hours ago, Superman said:

Nothing against Peter King, just wondering why he was the choice to MC this event.... 

He's non-local, unbiased media...if they picked a local TV or newspaper reporter to MC, then that would cause some problems.

However, the one option would have been Bob Lamey.

I think they picked King because of his years covering the NFL, so he's had previous conversations/experiences with Reich and others.

9 hours ago, NDcolt said:

Just got a wthr alert that reports: Andrew Luck throwing weighted balls that are heavier than footballs.

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

Are we there yet??? This whole situation has tried our patience because it has been a   s-l-o-w process, but hearing him be so optimistic has encouraged me that things are progressing as they should be.

We are progressing (Luck himself, we as fans), and I am hopefully and cautiously optimistic. However, I know it will be some time before we know for sure. The gold standard for me will be when Luck can participate in live team drills ( 11 on 11 etc) and make all of the throws... while being moved off his spot and from all arm angles; both stepping in to it and off his back foot. Complete all of those without pain and I’m totally sold. As I have mentioned before this could take quite some time to fulfill. But hopefully optimistic for now anyway.

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Very encouraging....

To be clear....    Luck didn't rule out surgery 100 percent.    He ruled out surgery.....    "FOR NOW".

Luck always uses a bit of a "conditional" tone in his speeches, talking about any subject. Lots of "hopefully", "kind of", "as of now", etc. So i don't think that "for now" was something he added intentionally. He is obviously in the middle of the recovery process, and his mindset is all about taking the process day by day, when everything and always is "for now". So it might come just naturally.  The important is how he said what he said. He never looked this confident and self-convinced for hmm, god know how long. Imo, he does indeed believe he will not need that second surgery.

Which is, obviously not a professional medical opinion. But it's still encouraging. He already went through this same (or almost same) process last autumn, and then he had to stop and start over again. He must have his own personal experience how his shoulder felt last time and how it feels now. And you can tell listening to him, that he feels much better now.

14 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Just because they aren’t telling us everything we want to know doesn’t mean they are telling us everything they know.

with that said everything the Colts are saying points to Luck being back.  They are being pretty clear.  We as fans are being skeptical, understandably so, after last season.  

He's giving an awful lot of interviews for someone who's career is allegedly "in jeopardy." Last year at this time, we didn't hear a word from Luck, and that continued throughout the entire season. Everything was so hush-hush, so the fact that there's a level of accessibility & transparency that wasn't there before makes me feel pretty optimistic.

Saying another surgery is off the table for now is just a picture of how things are today.  I'm still not very confident that things could change tomorrow.  Now if this were April and he's been slinging the football for a month or so and said that, then I'd be excited!!

5 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He's giving an awful lot of interviews for someone who's career is allegedly "in jeopardy." Last year at this time, we didn't hear a word from Luck, and that continued throughout the entire season. Everything was so hush-hush, so the fact that there's a level of accessibility & transparency that wasn't there before makes me feel pretty optimistic.

I think this is also a sign of GM growth from Ballard. Remember this is his first time being the central source of information for a franchise and most likely felt more inclined for himself and his players to be guarded in exposure given the circumstance.   Now he and his organization seem to be a bit more transparent and relaxed. 

12 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

I took great encouragement from what Andrew has said.

He is known for being fairly vague with answers and deliberately not trying to commit to anything so for him to say the "ship has sailed" on surgery makes me feel pretty confident and is a strong statement from the man himself.

Also, did anyone else notice how much more upbeat he was than previous media appearances?  From the get-go he was so much more positive in his tone and overall.  Seems to be a happy young man, really looking forward to getting back on the field.

Cautiously optimistic..........

Me too. He knew he was going to be on the town hall. And I think someone in upper management directed him or gave him the green light to update the fan base and give us hope that all is not lost. They know we are all growing weary of them dancing around the big question.

On 2/20/2018 at 9:20 PM, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

The fact that the organization are letting him openly talk this year is enough for me to be confident about his shoulder this go round

Agreed. Love the handle too. 

Reliving memories. Watching the 2006 Super Bowl replay right now. Addai had a wicked jump cut. One of the best I’ve ever seen. 

1 hour ago, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

Yes I like this guy already lol.  He gets it! not enough people appreciated Addai.  So underrated in his years

I agree. He did not have the long speed, but he was dynamite in between the tackles. Superb quick-twitch athlete. He could create on his own, and was fantastic at keeping the defense guessing where his next step was.