Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck says in Peter King interview that...

csmopar

13 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He has just begun light throwing and that another surgery is off the table!! But is still working up to the throwing load of a NFL QB

That puts to bed the Not Throwing concern.  He is throwing, but it sounds like he’s more concerned with building the strength to throw a lot, and probably with velocity.  

I’m wondering if he’ll be at the OTAs the first week of April.  May be too soon?

Very encouraging....

To be clear....    Luck didn't rule out surgery 100 percent.    He ruled out surgery.....    "FOR NOW".

I'll feel better when Luck is back practicing with the Colts and reports his arm feels as good as it ever has.   I'll feel better when Luck is not missing a day of practice per week as he did in 2016.    I'll feel better when Luck says there will be no surgery --- period--- and doesn't add the words "for now."

But this interview is a step in the right direction.    Color me pleased.

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Very encouraging....

To be clear....    Luck didn't rule out surgery 100 percent.    He ruled out surgery.....    "FOR NOW".

I'll feel better when Luck is back practicing with the Colts and reports his arm feels as good as it ever has.   I'll feel better when Luck is not missing a day of practice per week as he did in 2016.    I'll feel better when Luck says there will be no surgery --- period--- and doesn't add the words "for now."

It's a different thread(LOL same thread) but i am going to want my metaphorical 5 bucks. I knew you would have this take, no matter what Luck said!

Not to say you are incorrect, to be clear.

Best part of that interview was when Luck talked about how much he missed football, itching to throw long passes, & what am I if I'm not a Colts QB...

You know what this means? Chewbacca is hungry baby. 

"This is gonna be a great year" --Revenge Of The Nerds film quote. 

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Very encouraging....

You do make a great point my friend. It will be so nice when we as a fanbase don't have to put qualifiers on anything like "for now." And we can just go, he's on the field completing passes & looking like the Andrew we all remember. 

I just wanna take the cautiously optimistic blinders off completely & let this horse run wild & free. Do what you do Luck. 

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Very encouraging....

Funny.. he said "that ship has sailed" when asked about the possiblility of another surgery...

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Very encouraging....

I still wonder what he’s throwing though. LOL! You’re right.  He did not totally rule out another surgery.  He said ‘in his mind’ he doesn’t need anther surgery. It’s encouraging that he believes so strongly but I still gotta see it. 

2 things struck me about the Andrew Luck - Peter King interview

Andrew Luck's comments about missing football so much mirror Peyton Manning's comments about missing football when he was out.

..and did anyone notice how much Andrew expressed his admiration of Chris Ballard?

Not his head coach....or his position coach...but his GM.

I don't remember a player speaking so fondly of his GM, this GM 

Edited by oldunclemark

40 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Luck seemed stoked about a lot of things. Arm must be healing well, he will get

to play FB soon and a new coach that likes to attack and disguise plays on offense.

He looked like a kid on Christmas morning in that interview.

That interview is very encouraging and, after watching this interview,  I cant express how glad I am we got Frank Reich as head coach