Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Talk about Eye Candy...

LJpalmbeacher2

Thanks for posting. This was a sight for sore eyes today. As my screen name indicates, I've been a Colts fan even before Bert Jones brought his awesome talents to the shoe. He may have been the best pure passer we ever had on our roster. The fact that he could run too made him a double threat. I also like how the Colts during this time were a team that could come from behind to pull out a victory more times than not.

That made my day. Thanks again to the OP.

11 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Even Bill Belichick said Bert was the best pure passer he has ever seen.

Not meaning to bring anything Patriots into the thread but that is some pretty high praise from Belichick. He has been around a few good ones so I do respect his opinion on QBs.

Belichick was an assistant on the Colts back then, so your point is germane!

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The players of today are a lot more athletic but the players of then were tougher.

That's exactly what it is.. tougher. Watching those highlights, he had no fear of the defense! And the defense didn't fear him. Today's game shows fear all around. Poor DB's will hit a dude hard then look around like a puppy with his tail in between his legs hoping for a flag to not be thrown. 

I can't say the old days were better.. but man, it was probably a joy to watch an incompletion on 3rd down for the opposite team back then. Today an incompletion on 3rd down.. i hold my breath for a couple seconds waiting for yellow

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I just have a different mental image when I think of eye candy. :D

Come on now man....trust me I like a classy lady as much as the next guy but compared to Peyton and Andrew....Burt wasn't that hard on the eyes! At least that is what my wife said when she was asking what I was looking at on my phone. I'm not sure if she is relieved or more worried that I'm on this site so much instead of places I shouldn't lol....she says I'm obsessed and I tell her it could be worse!

Image result for burt jones

in 1975, Me and another gentleman spotted each other across the gymnasium. It was the first day as freshmen in high school. He was from Baltimore and was wearing a t-shirt that stated" Colts will get their kicks in 76." We just gravitated toward each other and have been together ever since.

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Most men enjoy looking at beautiful females. Women spend millions of dollars every year so men will look at them. Even getting plastic surgery to change their appearance.

Get off your high horse.

Your attempt to antagonize me falls way short while making yourself look silly.

Women get plastic surgery to impress men!!??Approach any woman face-to-face and tell here she is nice eye candy and see what happens Don Jan.

Bert was Elway before Elway. He had one of the best arms I've ever seen; could run like a deer and was one of the most competitive players of his day. It still hurts to think about his career. 

I'm HOPING that Andrew doesn't follow that same trajectory. Bert man, he was a Hall of Famer. Those Colt teams with the sack pack, Roger Carr, Lydell, Ray Chester, Glenn Doughty --- those guys were GREAT. 

Just couldn't get past Oakland in the "ghost to the post" game and the dang Steelers.

On 2/20/2018 at 8:32 AM, crazycolt1 said:

Now you can get an idea of why us "old timers" sometimes scoff at todays games. I miss those games played in the mud and snow on natural grass. (or what was left of it)  QBs were not protected like today. The players of today are a lot more athletic but the players of then were tougher.

The first player ever to sign a million dollar contract was Bruce Matthews in 1983 (a tackle who played 19 years) no less. The first QB who signed a million dollar contract was John Elway in 1883 after Bruce Matthews signed.

So that makes John Elway 135 years old?  I'm surprised that no one noticed that.