Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What should Ballard do?

Lucky Colts Fan

What should Ballard do?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What should Ballard do if CLE and NYG stay put and draft QBs?

• Draft Saquon Barkley
    • Draft Bradley Chubb
    • Draft Quenton Nelson
    • Trade down and try to get Chubb + extra picks
    • Trade down and try to get Nelson + extra picks
    • Other - please explain

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am one that is ok if we Draft Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson. I wont flip out if we take any of the 3. I prefer Barkley but we need help on both Lines. So I think we are in a win/win situation. If we take Barkley we still have 6 more picks to Draft D and O.Line. If we take Chubb or Nelson, then we can take a RB in Round 3 or 4 to pair with Mack.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am one that is ok if we Draft Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson. I wont flip out if we take any of the 3. I prefer Barkley but we need help on both Lines. So I think we are in a win/win situation. If we take Barkley we still have 6 more picks to Draft D and O.Line. If we take Chubb or Nelson, then we can take a RB in Round 3 or 4 to pair with Mack.

I wish "Thank You" counted for twice the "Like" value.  Anyways, Thank You.

We need to draft either Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson.  If Ballard manages to make my dreams come true and acquire two of those three...

Anyone that complains about any of those three is clinically trolling.  Anyone that complains if we draft one of those three... hqdefault.jpg

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think some teams might trade up for Barkley or Chubb.

Me too.  But it's possible that with the demand for quality QBs, Chubb could fall to the 6-9 range.  No way Barkley falls that far.  If the Colts want him, they will have to draft him at #3 if he's still there.

Considering other teams needs and the hype surrounding Barkley, the Colts could conceivably trade-down and find a way to draft Chubb and Nelson, then find a compliment to Mack later in the draft.

:thmup:

6 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Mo Wilkerson is going to be available too...He is a guy who can significantly improve our pass rush from the inside as well...If we can pull him and Ansah or Lawrence we can then focus draft on Linebackers and quickly turn our defense in a top 15 D..

Free Agency will obviously affect how we Draft too. If we pick up a couple of Good Defensive players then Drafting Barkley would make huge sense then.

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Me too.  But it's possible that with the demand for quality QBs, Chubb could fall to the 6-9 range.  No way Barkley falls that far.  If the Colts want him, they will have to draft him at #3 if he's still there.

Considering other teams needs and the hype surrounding Barkley, the Colts could conceivably trade-down and find a way to draft Chubb and Nelson, then find a compliment to Mack later in the draft.

QBs aside, if the Colts are trading out of #3 for a team that wants Barkley or Chubb, neither player will be there when the Colts pick, IMO, so they are essentially making that trade to pick another player (like Nelson) and get several draft picks. 

I don't know if Barkley or Chubb are elite enough to not make that trade.

Maybe the Jets panic and see qbs flyin off the board and we switch spots. They offer their 3rd rder as well. We take Nelson. Sign Norwell FA w/ Kelly we possibly the best interior OL in the league. I only say this because I dont think our defense is too far from being really good, despite stats and low league ranking. Just feel we go offense heavy. Whoever our qb is, they need a lot of help. CB gets it imo. 

1. Nelson OG ND

2. Landry DE BC

3. Michel RB GA

3. St. Brown WR ND from Jets

4. Tolliver CB LSU

5. Crabtree OT Ok. St.

6. Dion-Hamilton ILB AL

7. Worley ILB OSU

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Mo Wilkerson is going to be available too...He is a guy who can significantly improve our pass rush from the inside as well...If we can pull him and Ansah or Lawrence we can then focus draft on Linebackers and quickly turn our defense in a top 15 D..

Yes.  If the Colts find a quality pass-rusher and G in FA, then Barkley at #3 is a no-brainer.  FA and the Draft are a long way off, but the Colts could buildup a few spots through FA.

But if we're building through the draft (since we're not a contender at the moment), we want keystones on the line on either side of the ball, and Nelson and Chubb are cornerstones you can build a line around.

You build the trenches first.  They make your other players better.

:clover:

9 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Yeah...Barkley doesn't get by Browns at 4, if he is #1 rated on our board just take him ...Especially if we sign Norwell or Pugh..We used half a draft on offensive line 2 years ago, I think Haeg, Clark,Good, and Bond can all be developed into good players still..A change in offense will significantly help the guys we already have in the building..This team needs gamechangers whether it's on offense or defense we need that more than a Guard..We can still get a good guard in 3rd round much like RB...I hope we can trade back twice with Jets then Bills then we have 2 1sts, 3 2nds, and 2 3rds to play with..If we stand pact Barkley is the only 1 worthy of 3...

11 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Yes.  If the Colts find a quality pass-rusher and G in FA, then Barkley at #3 is a no-brainer.  FA and the Draft are a long way off, but the Colts could buildup a few spots through FA.

But if we're building through the draft (since we're not a contender at the moment), we want keystones on the line on either side of the ball, and Nelson and Chubb are cornerstones you can build a line around.

You build the trenches first.  They make your other players better.

:clover:

I think we come away with both in free agency, Ballard is surely going to try I have no doubt about that...I think he learned a lesson missing out on Jeffery and Zeitler last year, he will be more agressive and more willing to pay big $$$ this year..They got to want to come here though...Its definitely not a sure thing we can get them..

Sign Norwell and draft Nelson, Colts have the one of best Olines in the league for 5+ years.

Draft Barkley, and with Luck and TY, colts will have one of the most explosive offenses in the league.

Draft Chubb and you get that elite talent to build your Defense around.

Lots of options.

3 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Sign Norwell and draft Nelson, Colts have the one of best Olines in the league for 5+ years.

Draft Barkley, and with Luck and TY, colts will have one of the most explosive offenses in the league.

Lots of options.

I CONCUR

I think we should get Barkley. He would take alot of pressure off of Andrew or whoever is back there throwing. I mean this guy can move and not only that he has amazing awareness. He would also be a good red zone threat kinda like Bradshaw was for Andrew.

The only major knock I have on him is in the NFL he is going to have to stay on his feet more. He seems to have a tendency to want to hurdle. But I think that can be tamed down in him.

18 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I think we come away with both in free agency

I would love that.  I remember when the Colts signed Cory Redding, and I was like "wut..." but then he turned into THE GUY on defense during Lucks' miracle rookie-contract-run.

If Ballard finds DLine and OLine Captains in FA... then drafting a guy like Barkley would just be the cherry on top.

55 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

We need to draft either Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson.  If Ballard manages to make my dreams come true and acquire two of those three...

Anyone that complains about any of those three is clinically trolling.  Anyone that complains if we draft one of those three... hqdefault.jpg

So you essentially started a thread to call anyone who disagrees with you a troll?

39 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

No they're aren't 

-- also not quite sure how one "clinically trolls" anyway. 

8 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Lots of options.

This ^.

The Colts have the opportunity to draft one of three "can't-miss" players.  No matter what, Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson will be available to the Colts at #3.  It's possible to trade-down and still get one of them, if the cards play out right.

The question is, do you pull the trigger, or try to trade-down and still try and get your player?

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

So you essentially started a thread to call anyone who disagrees with you a troll?

No, that was just coincidence...  :D

Are you passing on Barkley, Chubb, AND Nelson?

I mean, it's basically down to those three for "can't-miss" players.

A troll would say something like Baker Mayfield should be our pick at #3.  Right?  :dunno:

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

A troll would say something like Baker Mayfield should be our pick at #3.  Right?  :dunno:

of the three mentioned I would only take Chubb at 3.

Nelson in a trade down.

Barkley not at all in the 1st

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You aint seen nothing yet, wait until we take Barkley at #3 lmao (If it happens).The Barkley Threads with hate for the pick we be relentless.

You aint seen nothing yet, wait until we take Barkley at #3 lmao (If it happens).The Barkley Threads with hate for the pick we be relentless.

Yep........Until his 1st 200+ total yard game...Then they will be buying his jerseys...

Yeah I can see it now, people will complain for months about the pick. Then on opening day he gets 110 and 2 TD's and we win and they are then online ordering his jersey haha 

He is a guy who will also have 100+ receiving yards with regularity as well...

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's won't people told me after I said the TRich trade was horrible.  Not that I expect Barkley to be that kind of player.

50 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Draft a QB with the number 3.

Why?  Even if Luck won't be available Brissett under Reich will be just fine. We need more positions at this point than a QB. I believe Ballard when he said Brissett was traded for the future. IMO Brissett was traded for to cover any possibilities Smart move by Ballard.