Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taven Bryan or Bradley Chubb..

11 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

Terrell Suggs is a pretty good athlete - I guess just different opinions. 

Hes a good athlete but theres nothing amazing. Hes not one of those combine warriors. Nothing from his combine was amazing to highlight his athletic gifts.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Ill still take Barkley if thats the choice..just saying..He puts us on the map day 1...Chubb is 2 or 3 yrs down the line....I don't have that kind of patience..

Chubb is a day 1 impact player lol. He’s not Marcus Davenport, he’s not a project. I can understand that your heart is set on the RB( I guess) , but I can’t understand you saying he needs 2-3 years at all. 

1 minute ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Chubb is a day 1 impact player lol. He’s not Marcus Davenport, he’s not a project. I can understand that your heart is set on the RB( I guess) , but I can’t understand you saying he needs 2-3 years at all. 

That's the usual process..Barnett had 5 sacks and I'm high on Barnett..It takes awhile, same with olinemen..Barkley is on NFL live day 1..

20 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

That's the usual process..Barnett had 5 sacks and I'm high on Barnett..It takes awhile, same with olinemen..Barkley is on NFL live day 1..

The Eagles didn't play Barnett much. They didn't need too. 5 sacks is more than acceptable for a guy who only saw 30% of the team's defensive snaps during the regular season. Chubb would play right away for the Colts though and with more talent overall than Barnett, he'd probably produce more. 7-8 sacks wouldn't be unreasonable for him his rookie year.

Watched tape of Mike McGlinchey vs Bradley Chubb. On plays where the quarterback had the ball in the pocket for more than 1.0 seconds, Mike McGlinchey gave up 2 sacks, 2 QB hits and 2 pressures on 10 attempts.

11 ACC players since 2000 have put up seasons of 50+ tackles, 20+ TFL and 10+ sacks including Aaron Donald, Shaq Lawson, Mario Williams and Calais Campbell.

Bradley Chubb is the only one to do it twice.

8 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Watched tape of Mike McGlinchey vs Bradley Chubb. On plays where the quarterback had the ball in the pocket for more than 1.0 seconds, Mike McGlinchey gave up 2 sacks, 2 QB hits and 2 pressures on 10 attempts.

11 ACC players since 2000 have put up seasons of 50+ tackles, 20+ TFL and 10+ sacks including Aaron Donald, Shaq Lawson, Mario Williams and Calais Campbell.

Bradley Chubb is the only one to do it twice.

Why only 10 sacks? ACC isn't NFL

On February 15, 2018 at 6:29 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Since we're comparing Tevon Bryan with JJ Watt (insanity) and now Bradly Chubb (more insanity)   I'll post their respective stats and let people compare....

Bryan

Year         Sacks         TFL

15               0               1.5

16               1                3

17               4                6

Total           5               10.5

Watt

Year         Sacks         TFL

09              4.5            15.5

10              7.0            21.0

Total         11.5           36.5

Chubb

Year         Sacks          TFL

15              5.5             12

16             10.0            21.5

17             10.0            25

Total          25.5           57.5

Do these stat lines look similar?      Does one stand out by miles?

The comment about Bryan being like JJ Watt,  was made by ONE MAN.    Bryan's former DC at Florida.  It was madfe prior to his 17 season.       They have the same body type.     They do no have the same production.   Not even close.      And Chubb's production is unmatched.    Then you count his high character and high motor.   This is not hard to figure out.     At least,  not for most people.

You want to take Barkley over Chubb.     There's an argument for that.     You want to take Nelson over Chubb,   there's an argument for that too.     But to hope you're going to get Bryan or the OU olb, instead of Chubb --- insanity.

Look NCF, 

I'm gonna be straight with you. I have a learning disability in Math so, numbers & stats might as well be in Chinese to me. All JS23 is really saying is this: Bran has a presence whenever he steps on the field just like JJ did in Houston & in college at UW-Madison nobody thought his impact would be so great at the next level either. 

Whenever people display numbers to me, it always feels like that foolish analytics crap that baseball uses which some football teams are getting sold on now. I'm not discounting your point that Chubb may be a better pass rusher than Bryan. I just mean that you can't always predict presence & impact at the NFL level. The transition from college to the pros. 

JS23 is right to point out that Bryan is usually near the ball which is what any franchise would want & pay good money for. Production isn't always a numbers/analytics/sacks thing. It's a getting into the head of a opposing QB or RBs thing. 

On 2/15/2018 at 8:02 AM, jshipp23 said:

More than 1 way to rush the QB, and Bryan is special, one of the fastest, strongest DT's I have laid eyes on in a long time...He has been compared to J.J. Watt for a reason..I encourage you to watch this guy then tell me..I am thinking Barkley won't be there at 3, and even if he is I would pass on him if we get this ANIMAL,  plus pick up couple high picks in 2nd.. I see much more elite potential in Bryan than Chubb..I would seriously consider trading back to Jets or Bills and getting this guy, and then top Guard, DE, and RB on board with next 3 picks in 1st or 2nd depending on trade..He might not be there if we trade with Buffalo, but we can get him, and have 3 high 2nd rd picks if we do Jets trade..This is the option that will make me pass on Barkley as much as I like him...Bryan is my favorite prospect right now..

Chubb please!

1 hour ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

What do you mean how so? He has great burst, strength and bend? He’s 6’4 276 pounds? If by fast, you mean 40 yard dash? which is irrelevant for a pass rusher. 

This is the same guy who contained and chased down Lamar Jackson. Some of you are so dense it’s wild. 

I want to preface my comments by saying I mostly agree with you....

That said...    I'm not sure why you think the 40 is irrelevant for a pass rusher?  I'm not saying it's the only metric that matters...   the 10 and20 splits are important too...   and especially the two shuttle drills that show the ability to change direction and the ability to bend as well...   

They're all part of the players profile..

There are players who have been very successful without running a good 40..   it can be done..    But teams would prefer their pass rushers to be as athletic as possible and the 40 is part of that...

Thats why Chubb is often measured against Myles Garrett...   im working from memory but I think he clocked sub-4.6.

That's special.

Chubb can be successful without equaling that...  but the faster the better.   

I still think Chubb will test better than Bosa...   that's what I'll be watching for...

Just wanted to offer a different perspective to consider..

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Look NCF, 

I'm gonna be straight with you. I have a learning disability in Math so, numbers & stats might as well be in Chinese to me. All JS23 is really saying is this: Bran has a presence whenever he steps on the field just like JJ did in Houston & in college at UW-Madison nobody thought his impact would be so great at the next level either. 

Whenever people display numbers to me, it always feels like that foolish analytics crap that baseball uses which some football teams are getting sold on now. I'm not discounting your point that Chubb may be a better pass rusher than Bryan. I just mean that you can't always predict presence & impact at the NFL level. The transition from college to the pros. 

JS23 is right to point out that Bryan is usually near the ball which is what any franchise would want & pay good money for. Production isn't always a numbers/analytics/sacks thing. It's a getting into the head of a opposing QB or RBs thing. 

SW.....

Sorry to hear about your learning disability with math....   I know that can't be fun....

Me?    I have some A-D-D...    when you see some terrible typos in a post of mine,  that's my A-D-D kicking in, because I wrote the post and didn't double-check the spelling.     It annoys the heck out of me.    I'm constantly re-reading my own posts later and finding errors...    mispelled words and words I forgot to write to begin with.     Very frustrating.

I'll see if I can explain it so you're more comfortable.  

First....   while I understand you not liking analytics,  I assure you NOTHIG I used in my stats are considered analytical stats.     Nothing.     They're all basic math.    Just simple addition.  

So,  I'll try to say this....   The total number of great plays that JShipp watched on some video is SO SMALL that he has no idea what he's seeing.   No idea at all.   The total number of great players that Bryan made in 3 years is 15.5.   That's an incredibly small number.

The total number of great plays JJ Watt made in two years is 48.    That's 3 times more than Bryan in one less year.

And the total number of great plays Chubb has made in three years is....   83.     That's 5.5. times more than Bryan.

What JShipp doesn't understand is this.....      he sees this incredibly small sample size,  and thinks that's all he needs to see about Bryan.     What he doesn't understand is that highlite videos typically only show the BEST of a player.   Not the AVERAGE plays,  and certainly NOT the worst plays.     Bryan is highly regarded by scouts NOT based on what he's shown....     but more on what he MIGHT SOMEDAY be able to do with the right coaching.    Bryan is a guy you draft based on what he projects to be someday.     Not based as much on what he's done.   He's got great raw tools and he's flashed enough in college to excite scouts.     But he's miles away from being a stud.    And the idea that JS says he's one of the best prospects he's ever seen is simply....   (I'm sorry...)   it's ridicuous.    Totally laughable.

I'm not saying the guy can't be a good NFL player.    So far,  I've projected him as a late first round pick.    And maybe he turns into the next JJ Watt.    But odds are he doesn't.    Doesn't mean he can't still be pretty good.   But let's be reasonable.

One last thought about analytics....   I hope you grow to embrace them.    They are the future in all sports and that's not just my opinion.   The Nerds have won.    Analytics dominate baseball and basketball.    And the teams that are winning are HEAVILY into analytics.    Football is a little late coming to the party,  but they're being used more and more.  It's not as heavily advertised yet...  football is a little uneasy with this new concept.   If you look on NFL.com they're running more and more stories using analytics to show the best players in various catagories....

But make no mistake,  analytics are the future and they're the present.    More and more teams in more and more sports are looking for an edge and they're finding that analytics are giving them that edge.

I hope I was able to give you some clarity on this issue....

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Look NCF, 

Wow SW.  I have dyslexia but it only shows in numbers. I have no problem with letters or the alphabet.

It did cause some problems with various jobs because I always had to double and triple check anything that involved math. MY last job I was in shipping and receiving and was so used to checking everything multiple times I got used to it. It also helped where I worked at that everything all of us done was double checked and was standard procedure for all of us. At the end of the year when the inventory was done we were always within 1% overages or losses. That was on an average of over 50 million dollars of inventory a week. Not bad for 14 employees I would say.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

SW.....

Sorry to hear about your learning disability with math....   I know that can't be fun....

Me?    I have some A-D-D...    when you see some terrible typos in a post of mine,  that's my A-D-D kicking in, because I wrote the post and didn't double-check the spelling.     It annoys the heck out of me.    I'm constantly re-reading my own posts later and finding errors...    mispelled words and words I forgot to write to begin with.     Very frustrating.

First....   while I understand you not liking analytics,  I assure you NOTHIG I used in my stats are considered analytical stats.     Nothing.     They're all basic math.    Just simple addition.  

So,  I'll try to say this....   The total number of great plays that JShipp watched on some video is SO SMALL that he has no idea what he's seeing.   No idea at all.   The total number of great players that Bryan made in 3 years is 15.5.   That's an incredibly small number.

The total number of great plays JJ Watt made in two years is 48.    That's 3 times more than Bryan in one less year.

And the total number of great plays Chubb has made in three years is....   83.     That's 5.5. times more than Bryan.

What JShipp doesn't understand is this.....      he sees this incredibly small sample size,  and thinks that's all he needs to see about Bryan.     What he doesn't understand is that highlite videos typically only show the BEST of a player.   Not the AVERAGE plays,  and certainly NOT the worst plays.     Bryan is highly regarded by scouts NOT based on what he's shown....     but more on what he MIGHT SOMEDAY be able to do with the right coaching.    Bryan is a guy you draft based on what he projects to be someday.     Not based as much on what he's done.   He's got great raw tools and he's flashed enough in college to excite scouts.     But he's miles away from being a stud.    And the idea that JS says he's one of the best prospects he's ever seen is simply....   (I'm sorry...)   it's ridicuous.    Totally laughable.

I'm not saying the guy can't be a good NFL player.    So far,  I've projected him as a late first round pick.    And maybe he turns into the next JJ Watt.    But odds are he doesn't.    Doesn't mean he can't still be pretty good.   But let's be reasonable.

One last thought about analytics....   I hope you grow to embrace them.    They are the future in all sports and that's not just my opinion.   The Nerds have won.    Analytics dominate baseball and basketball.    And the teams that are winning are HEAVILY into analytics.    Football is a little late coming to the party,  but they're being used more and more.  It's not as heavily advertised yet...  football is a little uneasy with this new concept.   If you look on NFL.com they're running more and more stories using analytics to show the best players in various catagories....

But make no mistake,  analytics are the future and they're the present.    More and more teams in more and more sports are looking for an edge and they're finding that analytics are giving them that edge.

Thanks NCF for understanding about my learning disability. I appreciate it. I can also relate to your A-D-D. Oh, I don't suffer from it. I just mean that I have known relatives with the same condition & am well aware how spelling errors can be extremely frustrating. Plus, it takes me longer to type than most people & I too can become upset when I re-read something later & discover my mind & my words don't always match up like I had originally intended. Believe me, I get it. The nice thing is here on the forum most folks cut regulars a lot of slack on here, fill in the missing pieces on their own, & go about their day which is pretty awesome as you know. 

"he sees this incredibly small sample size,  and thinks that's all he needs to see about Bryan.     What he doesn't understand is that highlite videos typically only show the BEST of a player.   Not the AVERAGE plays,  and certainly NOT the worst plays."

I think we all know that NCF. That video montages only give fans the best of the best as opposed to the mistakes & unless a person is a professional scout on the road observing a specific pass rusher at college & talking to the kid's teachers & school janitors back home growing up; Most of us as fans from a distance have an incomplete picture or sample size as a whole. 

I understand where you're coming from. Right now, Chubb is closer to NFL ready than Bryan is & we need guys who can hit the ground running. Got it. I'm not dismissing anything you say. I never do. It's just a question of which pet project yields the fastest return with the least amount of coaching guidance in order to be the most successful for us if we go that route? I know where you're at here my friend. Just remember, JS23 is no fool either. He sees a diamond in the rough with Bryan that simply needs more fine-tuning that's all. I really don't think you 2 guys are that far apart. Just a difference of opinion on current athleticism & coaching required to help INDY win games in the shortest amount of time. 

If you're telling me that nerds dominate the world now, I already knew that buddy. iMac computers, FaceBook, Industrial Light & Magic, & yes, analytics is here to stay. LOL! 

Thank you for your nicely detailed answer NCF. You're a good dude whose presence here makes this place a vast improvement & a great place to hang out in. Like a nice club without a huge cover charge before any one can even walk thru the door.   

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Wow SW.  I have dyslexia but it only shows in numbers. I have no problem with letters or the alphabet.

It did cause some problems with various jobs because I always had to double and triple check anything that involved math. MY last job I was in shipping and receiving and was so used to checking everything multiple times I got used to it. It also helped where I worked at that everything all of us done was double checked and was standard procedure for all of us. At the end of the year when the inventory was done we were always within 1% overages or losses. That was on an average of over 50 million dollars of inventory a week. Not bad for 14 employees I would say.

I always feel weird liking a post like this almost as if in some twisted way I am advocating for dyslexia, A-D-D, or a learning disability. I realize of course that all we are really honoring is a person's candor & authenticity to be that vulnerable or forthcoming in a public setting. 

It's not that I can't do Math. It's just that my mind looks up around numbers kind of like a distorted defense mechanism. I use calculators a lot & online banking is a life saver let me tell ya. I always tell people "I'm a nice guy. You just don't want me building bridges for your own safety & security." LOL! A modern day "A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood quote & I'm well aware of my own weaknesses. 

$50,000,000 worth of inventory a week?! That is indeed very impressive CC1. That's a lot of pressure to get the numbers right. My sister works at a bank handling money all day. I know that wouldn't be my strong suit either. 

Part of me resents people who are gifted with numbers because science & math were always so difficult for me to handle especially in college. Plus, at least in America, science, accounting, & engineering are where the most acclaimed jobs are too in terms of clout, salary, & prestige. Like every other occupation or endeavor is meaningless on the social scale of society. If you excel at it, great good for you. Just try to remember that those disciples aren't the only valuable jobs in the world. Thank you. 

At any rate, thanks for sharing that tid bit about yourself CC1. Overcoming setbacks like Dyslexia & being that successful is a sign of your will & determination my friend. 

15 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Thanks NCF for understanding about my learning disability. I appreciate it. I can also relate to your A-D-D. Oh, I don't suffer from it. I just mean that I have known relatives with the same condition & am well aware how spelling errors can be extremely frustrating. Plus, it takes me longer to type than most people & I too can become upset when I re-read something later & discover my mind & my words don't always match up like I had originally intended. Believe me, I get it. The nice thing is here on the forum most folks cut regulars a lot of slack on here, fill in the missing pieces on their own, & go about their day which is pretty awesome as you know. 

"he sees this incredibly small sample size,  and thinks that's all he needs to see about Bryan.     What he doesn't understand is that highlite videos typically only show the BEST of a player.   Not the AVERAGE plays,  and certainly NOT the worst plays."

I think we all know that NCF. That video montages only give fans the best of the best as opposed to the mistakes & unless a person is a professional scout on the road observing a specific pass rusher at college & talking to the kid's teachers & school janitors back home growing up; Most of us as fans from a distance have an incomplete picture or sample size as a whole. 

I understand where you're coming from. Right now, Chubb is closer to NFL ready than Bryan is & we need guys who can hit the ground running. Got it. I'm not dismissing anything you say. I never do. It's just a question of which pet project yields the fastest return with the least amount of coaching guidance in order to be the most successful for us if we go that route? I know where you're at here my friend. Just remember, JS23 is no fool either. He sees a diamond in the rough with Bryan that simply needs more fine-tuning that's all. I really don't think you 2 guys are that far apart. Just a difference of opinion on current athleticism & coaching required to help INDY win games in the shortest amount of time. 

If you're telling me that nerds dominate the world now, I already knew that buddy. iMac computers, FaceBook, Industrial Light & Magic, & yes, analytics is here to stay. LOL! 

Thank you for your nicely detailed answer NCF. You're a good dude whose presence here makes this place a vast improvement & a great place to hang out in. Like a nice club without a huge cover charge before any one can even walk thru the door.   

As always...    you are way, WAY too kind to me...   you always have kind words for me...   more than I deserve...   

And I don't mean to be too hard on JShipp...    I like him...   I notice when he's not here and I'm glad when he returns.   

But I've also noticed He likes to jump to conclusions based on a tiny sample size.

He concluded that Steve Wilk should have been our new head coach based only on a few YouTube videos and a few internet articles.    That's it.

And he's now concluded that Bryan is one if the most talented D-lineman he's ever seen based on a small handful of plays.   He's been jumping to conclusions since he arrived here a few years ago.  

Sometimes he just needs a cold bucket of water tossed on him...     :thmup:

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I always feel weird liking a post like this almost as if in some twisted way I am advocating for dyslexia, A-D-D, or a learning disability. I realize of course that all we are really honoring is a person's candor & authenticity to be that vulnerable or forthcoming in a public setting. 

It's not that I can't do Math. It's just that my mind looks up around numbers kind of like a distorted defense mechanism. I use calculators a lot & online banking is a life saver let me tell ya. I always tell people "I'm a nice guy. You just don't want me building bridges for your own safety & security." LOL! A modern day "A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood quote & I'm well aware of my own weaknesses. 

$50,000,000 worth of inventory a week?! That is indeed very impressive CC1. That's a lot of pressure to get the numbers right. My sister works at a bank handling money all day. I know that wouldn't be my strong suit either. 

Part of me resents people who are gifted with numbers because science & math were always so difficult for me to handle especially in college. Plus, at least in America, science, accounting, & engineering are where the most acclaimed jobs are too in terms of clout, salary, & prestige. Like every other occupation or endeavor is meaningless on the social scale of society. If you excel at it, great good for you. Just try to remember that those disciples aren't the only valuable jobs in the world. Thank you. 

At any rate, thanks for sharing that tid bit about yourself CC1. Overcoming setbacks like Dyslexia & being that successful is a sign of your will & determination my friend. 

It was strange to say the least. I went years trying to hide my disability by staying away from jobs that required brains over brawn.  I finally found a doctor who took interest in finding out what the problem was.

It's called Dyscalculia. Mine is not the normal as I don't suffer near the same amount of symptoms as most with that condition do. Mine just seems to be with strictly numbers and not time, distances and other things related to the disability.

It took me a long time to admit it is a disability. Just getting over the feeling that other people's opinion of me was negative. It's all good now as I don't deal with a lot of numbers anymore.

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

As always...    you are way, WAY too kind to me...   you always have kind words for me...   more than I deserve...   

And I don't mean to be too hard on JShipp...    I like him...   I notice when he's not here and I'm glad when he returns.   

But I've also noticed He likes to jump to conclusions based on a tiny sample size.

He concluded that Steve Wilk should have been our new head coach based only on a few YouTube videos and a few internet articles.    That's it.

And he's now concluded that Bryan is one if the most talented D-lineman he's ever seen based on a small handful of plays.   He's been jumping to conclusions since he arrived here a few years ago.  

JShipp is a good dude. We have had some differences of opinions but never took it anymore than that. He has a good sense of humor and a coat of Teflon on him too.

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No problem. I always stick up for you because I think you get unfairly criticized or maligned for contrary viewpoints disclosed in a polite fashion. Not an easy thing to do either. Be nice to another person whose perspective you might think is for the birds or full of beans. I also defend you a lot because you took way too much heat early on for saying you were a journalist or reporter frequently. I was cool with it because I took that declaration to mean you were proud of the work you did, worked hard to get your degree & do what you loved or really enjoyed professionally, & you should take pride in that.

I have profound respect for reporters--Meeting deadlines, working with shrinking annual budgets, vetting sources, giving their audience vital information that politicians & corporate entities love to bury & keep on the down low for as long as possible, shine a light into a very dark corner i.e. wars, misuse of funds, death threats for responsible reporting. Journalists who understand that they are a conduit between the reader, viewer, customer, consumer, or fan who doesn't have all day to sift thru a ton of information. Just the facts ma'am & the reasoning behind that decision making process, which affects people's daily lives. 

I remember JS23's Steve Wilk's head coaching recommendation for us or rather; his regret that INDY didn't land him. I watched the press conference myself. The dude was very charismatic & persuasive. Okay sure, you need more than a warm & fuzzy feeling to hire a Carolina coordinator as a full time head coach. I'll give you that. But Mike Tomlin was essentially hired by Andy Rooney over a gut feeling & he won a SB ring for the Steelers. Yes, I know. The interview process was more thorough than that. Touche. 

So, your main issue with JS23 then is A + B Doesn't always =C? Translation: Sometimes, his causality connections don't always lead to reliable conclusions that can be seen a bankable or reliable because he often narrows in on a tiny factor that yields little consistency over the long haul? Alright. 

Honestly, I just think JS23 is just trying to come up with other pass rush options just in Barkley & Bryan are off the board & we need to figure out what the hades to do next as an organization. We're all throwing darts at a board blindfolded to some extent even with detailed folders & binders on guys. 

So, the bucket of water is just a friendly reminder not to go off the rails with a vivid imagination or just a brotherly way to really quench his thirst? Now, that's funny. And here I thought you 2 fellas were destined to co-host a 3 hour draft special together in March. Oh well, maybe next yr boys. :lol:

52 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It was strange to say the least. I went years trying to hide my disability by staying away from jobs that required brains over brawn.  I finally found a doctor who took interest in finding out what the problem was.

It's called Dyscalculia. Mine is not the normal as I don't suffer near the same amount of symptoms as most with that condition do. Mine just seems to be with strictly numbers and not time, distances and other things related to the disability.

It took me a long time to admit it is a disability. Just getting over the feeling that other people's opinion of me was negative. It's all good now as I don't deal with a lot of numbers anymore.

The stigma about friends, family, & co-workers thinking a person disclosing a disability is dumb & weak is a very legitimate fear. I completely get that. People laughing at you because you struggle to do arithmetic in your head, are self conscious about making change for people at sporting events, or just everyday numbers & letters that don't line up visually like they're supposed to. I grew up in the 70's & 80's when people weren't as forgiving about conditions & issues as they are now. I get why some folks buried their weaknesses very, very deep in their psyche & avoided doing that biggest fear of theirs at all costs avoiding it like the plague. 

Brutal confrontations about a person's intelligence or lack thereof can & does scar you for life. Those memories never fully fade away. They just don't. The silver lining here is this: You're not the only person suffering from that condition & there's comfort in the knowledge that you are not alone, this isn't an exclusive phenomenon only affecting you; & that with enough perseverance tools can be implemented professionally to neutral it or offset the anxiety surrounding your fear of backlash anyway. 

Yeah, not having to do the very thing you dreaded everyday helps a lot. And you also learn as you get older, that intelligence comes in many forms: Wisdom, life experience, people skills, humor, putting others at ease, & knowing when to let stuff go & walk away. Being around friends who know your situation & will never humiliate or make you feel stupid helps tremendously too. 

Sounds like you've got a good handle on the situation now CC1. Glad to hear that. 

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I want to preface my comments by saying I mostly agree with you....

That said...    I'm not sure why you think the 40 is irrelevant for a pass rusher?  I'm not saying it's the only metric that matters...   the 10 and20 splits are important too...   and especially the two shuttle drills that show the ability to change direction and the ability to bend as well...   

They're all part of the players profile..

There are players who have been very successful without running a good 40..   it can be done..    But teams would prefer their pass rushers to be as athletic as possible and the 40 is part of that...

Thats why Chubb is often measured against Myles Garrett...   im working from memory but I think he clocked sub-4.6.

That's special.

Chubb can be successful without equaling that...  but the faster the better.   

I still think Chubb will test better than Bosa...   that's what I'll be watching for...

Just wanted to offer a different perspective to consider..

40 yard dash means almost next to nothing for a pass rusher. Is it nice? Sure. Is it relevant? Not really. The 3 cone, 10 and 20 yard splits are. 

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

SW.....

Prospect-The "possibility", or "likelihood", of some future event occuring...