Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taven Bryan or Bradley Chubb..

More than 1 way to rush the QB, and Bryan is special, one of the fastest, strongest DT's I have laid eyes on in a long time...He has been compared to J.J. Watt for a reason..I encourage you to watch this guy then tell me..I am thinking Barkley won't be there at 3, and even if he is I would pass on him if we get this ANIMAL,  plus pick up couple high picks in 2nd.. I see much more elite potential in Bryan than Chubb..I would seriously consider trading back to Jets or Bills and getting this guy, and then top Guard, DE, and RB on board with next 3 picks in 1st or 2nd depending on trade..He might not be there if we trade with Buffalo, but we can get him, and have 3 high 2nd rd picks if we do Jets trade..This is the option that will make me pass on Barkley as much as I like him...Bryan is my favorite prospect right now..

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

More than 1 way to rush the QB, and Bryan is special, one of the fastest, strongest DT's I have laid eyes on in a long time...He has been compared to J.J. Watt for a reason..I encourage you to watch this guy then tell me..I am thinking Barkley won't be there at 3, and even if he is I would pass on him if we get this ANIMAL,  plus pick up couple high picks in 2nd.. I see much more elite potential in Bryan than Chubb..I would seriously consider trading back to Jets or Bills and getting this guy, and then top Guard, DE, and RB on board with next 3 picks in 1st or 2nd depending on trade..He might not be there if we trade with Buffalo, but we can get him, and have 3 high 2nd rd picks if we do Jets trade..This is the option that will make me pass on Barkley as much as I like him...Bryan is my favorite prospect right now..

how do you get 3 2nds?

7 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Chubb. 

Even if we can trade with Buffalo get him and Hernandez at Guard and pick up another  2nd and maybe a 3rd or 4th? I think after combine Bryan will go between 10-20 in draft, and having elite DT makes that 4-3 Marinelli defense tick..Ideally we get Bryan, Hernandez with 2nd 1st, then get Okoronkwo and Guice in 2nd..That will be the dream draft for me right now..

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

how do you get 3 2nds?

If we trade with Jets we get their two seconds plus ours gives us 3 high 2nds..If we trade with Buffalo we get 2 firsts plus their 2nd and possibly their 3rd or 4th as well..Its risky with Buffalo because Bryan may not be there at 16...

13 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Even if we can trade with Buffalo get him and Hernandez at Guard and pick up another  2nd and maybe a 3rd or 4th? I think after combine Bryan will go between 10-20 in draft, and having elite DT makes that 4-3 Marinelli defense tick..Ideally we get Bryan, Hernandez with 2nd 1st, then get Okoronkwo and Guice in 2nd..That will be the dream draft for me right now..

I just don’t see us trading. I can see the Giants getting that deal though. 

1 minute ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

I just don’t see us trading. I can see the Giants getting that deal though. 

If we don't trade back I still take Barkley if he is there then...Then I pray Bryan somehow falls to us in 2nd with Okoronkwo as the backup plan..I just don't see it with Chubb, and Ive literally watched every thing I can on him..I think he is good, but not worth it at 3..If we take him at 3 we are forcing it because of need...Barkley, Nelson, Edmonds, Fitzpatrick, and Bryan all have more elite potential than Chubb..I see Chubb as a solid 8-10 sack guy in a FEW years who is also solid against the run and nothing is wrong with that..I just think we can get a more impactful guy..I'm not sure Chubb is good enough athletically to be a All-Pro Defensive End..Could he have some good years make a pro bowl or 2 yeah he could..I don't see him being as good as Bosa like you do though..If he does good at combine I could change my mind..

8 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

I’m a fan! He is the closest JJ Watt impersonator that I’ve seen.

I think if we’re going to trade back, the question should be “Bryan or Nelson.” I think they would be good options in a trade back scenario. Chubb will go early.

I just think we could still get a really good guard in 2nd, plus the possibility of getting Norwell or Pugh in free agency makes it a hard pass for me on Nelson..Nelson is a sure thing as there is  I'll give him that..He could be a Pro Bowl Guard year 1..

15 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

If we don't trade back I still take Barkley if he is there then...Then I pray Bryan somehow falls to us in 2nd with Okoronkwo as the backup plan..I just don't see it with Chubb, and Ive literally watched every thing I can on him..I think he is good, but not worth it at 3..If we take him at 3 we are forcing it because of need...Barkley, Nelson, Edmonds, Fitzpatrick, and Bryan all have more elite potential than Chubb..I see Chubb as a solid 8-10 sack guy in a FEW years who is also solid against the run and nothing is wrong with that..I just think we can get a more impactful guy..I'm not sure Chubb is good enough athletically to be a All-Pro Defensive End..Could he have some good years make a pro bowl or 2 yeah he could..I don't see him being as good as Bosa like you do though..If he does good at combine I could change my mind..

Welp I just disagree in every way humanly possible. When we draft Chubb though, I’m gonna have to tag you and say I told you so :) 

7 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Welp I just disagree in every way humanly possible. When we draft Chubb though, I’m gonna have to tag you and say I told you so :) 

Yep, same with you if we take Barkley..I honestly would sacrifice Barkley to trade back, but not for Nelson like most on here..If we do take Barkley and he is lighting it up winning games for us I can't wait to see what you have to say..lol

7 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

The knock on Bryan is that he's inconsistent and does not have a great motor. His highlight reel is insane, but he's not nearly consistent enough thus why he's currently a later first round prospect.

Every player has flaws thats where coaching comes in...That boy always seems to be 3 yds in the backfield and over powers double teams...Major potential physically...That can't be taught, he has good speed and burst for a man his size too..

I love Taven Bryan. If he falls to the 2nd I would have no problem picking him up there. Or if we did the Buffalo trade for their 2 ones, I could see targeting him. The issue I've seen brought up with him is that he is basically all projection.  He hasn't produced like Watt even though people are comping him as such. He is a guy who seemingly would need MORE development than Chubb.

1 hour ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

That is fair lol. 

4 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Yep, same with you if we take Barkley..I honestly would sacrifice Barkley to trade back, but not for Nelson like most on here..If we do take Barkley and he is lighting it up winning games for us I can't wait to see what you have to say..lol

I probably would be thinking "that's fun and all, but damn, wouldn't having this shut down corner Minkah or that beast on the EDGE be better?" Even if he's playing great, Barkley will likely not provide better value than Chubb or Minkah or even Nelson. 

7 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

I love Taven Bryan. If he falls to the 2nd I would have no problem picking him up there. Or if we did the Buffalo trade for their 2 ones, I could see targeting him. The issue I've seen brought up with him is that he is basically all projection.  He hasn't produced like Watt even though people are comping him as such. He is a guy who seemingly would need MORE development than Chubb.

I wouldn't take him at 3, and doubt he falls to 2nd..Best option is Buffalo trade..I personally would rather have him than Chubb..

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

I probably would be thinking "that's fun and all, but damn, wouldn't having this shut down corner Minkah or that beast on the EDGE be better?" Even if he's playing great, Barkley will likely not provide better value than Chubb or Minkah or even Nelson. 

I would rather have Fitzpatrick in a trade back than Chubb at 3 absolutely..Chubb isn't worth #3 in my opinion which is all it is and I definitely could be wrong..I wouldn't take him over Garrett, Reddick, or Barnett from last years draft..

Just now, jshipp23 said:

I wouldn't take him at 3, and doubt he falls to 2nd..Best option is Buffalo trade..I personally would rather have him than Chubb..

You and I are on the same page regarding Chubb. To me he doesn't look like a Top #3 pick overall, more like a Top 10 pick which is still Great but Barkley IMO is the best player in the Draft. I see no way Barkley will be a bust unless he gets injured - that is the only way.  

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You and I are on the same page regarding Chubb. To me he doesn't look like a Top #3 pick overall, more like a Top 10 pick which is still Great but Barkley IMO is the best player in the Draft. I see no way Barkley will be a bust unless he gets injured - that is the only way.  

Agreed....Chubb is good prospect never said he wasn't..Most drafts he is a 10-15 in my opinion..Barkley will be a monster no doubt..

Mayok currently has Bryan as his 4th rated interior DL.  Here’s his NFL.com prospect profile bottom line ...

“BOTTOM LINE

Talented defender with rare athletic ability and play traits. Bryan's lack of production is due to a lack of instincts and feel for the position and he's still in a developmental phase as a prospect. Bryan played inside at Florida but has the size and talent to play inside or outside. His instincts and feel are below average so his development could take time, but when he is a finished product, Bryan has the ability to become a disruptive, highly productive talent with a very high ceiling -Lance Zierlein”

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Yessir. For me it’s: Chubb > Nelson > Minkah > Saquon 

Just the fact some of you in this thread are saying Chubb(position of high value, who has no flaws at all besides not having elite athleticism) isn’t worth the 3rd pick. But say Saquon(position of less value, that doesn’t have great vision or decision making) is worth the 3rd pick is really mind boggling. 

Its like you just watch highlights lol. 

6 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Lol...Ill give you Reddick, I like him though...Barnett is a different story he is gonna be a monster..

Barnett is 6′ 3″,  259 lbs. Chubb is 6′ 4″, 276 lbs and more explosive, and a better run defender. I agree Barnett is going to be very good, but that just makes my case for Chubb even more imo lol. You’ll be happy with Chubb after he plays a few games, gonna be an instant impact player. 

2 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Barnett is 6′ 3″,  259 lbs. Chubb is 6′ 4″, 276 lbs and more explosive, and a better run defender. I agree Barnett is going to be very good, but that just makes my case for Chubb even more imo lol. You’ll be happy with Chubb after he plays a few games, gonna be an instant impact player. 

If we take him i'll be his biggest fan unless he sucks...lol..Hope you and Crunk are right..

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I tend to agree. I think Chubb will be a very good player in the NFL, but not sure he'll be great. Quenton Nelson to me will be great and an All-Pro level OG. I'd like to trade down and him him first and foremost to change the attitude of this OL. 

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

I tend to agree. I think Chubb will be a very good player in the NFL, but not sure he'll be great. Quenton Nelson to me will be great and an All-Pro level OG. I'd like to trade down and him him first and foremost to change the attitude of this OL. 

That's how i feel too..Chubb is gonna be a very good player, but a few other guys I would prefer over him..

8 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Lol...Even though I'm unsure on Chubb the fact you like him so much makes me feel better about it Crunk...I know you know what you are talking about, and respect your evaluations...

I ain't trippin brotha.  You make the forum live during the offseason!

I don't see the hype with Chubb - I think he will be limited in the pros. My pick at 3 (if you go defense) would be either Harold Landry or Tremaine Edmunds. Landry is going to be a special player - he has all the tools a good pass rusher needs, while Edmunds could be the Anthony Barr type linebacker. just my 2 cents 

Since we're comparing Tevon Bryan with JJ Watt (insanity) and now Bradly Chubb (more insanity)   I'll post their respective stats and let people compare....

Bryan

Year         Sacks         TFL

15               0               1.5

16               1                3

17               4                6

Total           5               10.5

Watt

Year         Sacks         TFL

09              4.5            15.5

10              7.0            21.0

Total         11.5           36.5

Chubb

Year         Sacks          TFL

15              5.5             12

16             10.0            21.5

17             10.0            25

Total          25.5           57.5

Do these stat lines look similar?      Does one stand out by miles?

The comment about Bryan being like JJ Watt,  was made by ONE MAN.    Bryan's former DC at Florida.  It was madfe prior to his 17 season.       They have the same body type.     They do no have the same production.   Not even close.      And Chubb's production is unmatched.    Then you count his high character and high motor.   This is not hard to figure out.     At least,  not for most people.

You want to take Barkley over Chubb.     There's an argument for that.     You want to take Nelson over Chubb,   there's an argument for that too.     But to hope you're going to get Bryan or the OU olb, instead of Chubb --- insanity.