Mike Hughes, UCF, CB

Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama, CB/S

Underrated

Harrison Phillips, Stanford, DT

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Oklahoma, EDGE

Tegray Scales, Indiana, LB

Chukwuma Okorafor, WMU, OT

Troy Fumagali, Wisconsin, TE

(Not including QBs because most of them are overrated)

10 hours ago, coltsnation said:

*cough* BAKER MAYFIELD *cough*

ill contribute to this once the Combine begins. I like getting a visual on a players measurables then film. It worked fairly well last year, got a few film threads going on some players, gonna go for 10 this year. Mostly under the radar guys probably. I’ll check out some from your list :thmup:

10 hours ago, coltsnation said:

Overrated 

Tremaine Edmunds, VT, LB

Marcus Davenport, UTSA, EDGE

Sam Hubbard, OSU, DE
Mike Hughes, UCF, CB

Underrated

I strongly agree with (Harrison Phillips, Stanford, DT) as being underrated.

12 hours ago, coltsnation said:

Overrated 

Tremaine Edmunds, VT, LB

Sam Hubbard, OSU, DE
Mike Hughes, UCF, CB

Underrated

Did you know that Trumaine Edmunds is just 19 years old.     Not a typo, he's 19.

Trumaine is the youngest player in the draft.

He doesn't turn 20 until mid-May, about two weeks after the draft.

That alone should remove him from being on any over-rated list.   Seriously.

Just saying...........

12 hours ago, coltsnation said:

Overrated 

Tremaine Edmunds, VT, LB

Sam Hubbard, OSU, DE
Mike Hughes, UCF, CB

Underrated

Edmunds is definitely not overrated.  I do not completely disagree with the rest.

Okorafor to me is overrated right now.  He is a big softy and to me looks like someone who will be tossed around unless he gets mean.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Did you know that Trumaine Edmunds is just 19 years old.     Not a typo, he's 19.

Trumaine is the youngest player in the draft.

He doesn't turn 20 until mid-May, about two weeks after the draft.

That alone should remove him from being on any over-rated list.   Seriously.

Just saying...........

Just my opinion.  I like him, but I definitely don't think he's a top 5 player in the draft.  He has a high ceiling, but he is raw.  With the right coaching he could be a all-pro, but he gambles too often.

15 hours ago, coltsnation said:

Just my opinion.  I like him, but I definitely don't think he's a top 5 player in the draft.  He has a high ceiling, but he is raw.  With the right coaching he could be a all-pro, but he gambles too often.

For what it's worth....

I don't think he's top-5 either.   But I think he's top-10.    

Fans care about what a player IS.   Scouts care about what a player CAN BE.   Big difference.   

At his age with that body and bloodlines (the son of an NFL player). He's got great upside.    I think he goes 6-10...

Josh Allen - Highly overrated

Good QB's rise up and try to carry their team when facing tough competition.  They might not always win but you don't forget them.

Josh Allen disappears and looks like a D3 QB when facing tough competition.

I watched him play Iowa this year.  I had no idea he was considered an NFL draft prospect.  If you would have told me during that game that he was being considered one of the top QB's in the draft and may be picked top 5 I would have laughed my butt off.

Against Iowa 23/40 for a whopping 174 yards, 0 TD's and 2 Int's and 8 rushing attempts for -10 yards

Against Oregon 9/24 for 64 yards 0 TD's - 1 Int.  But he did rush 8 times for 25 yards and a touchdown.  

Some people have said that he's less a QB and more a skill set.  If that's the case then he's really really raw.  Essentially a project (very long project at that) going at the top of the first round.  That makes no sense.  

He has trouble with accuracy.  To me if a QB hasn't learned to throw an accurate football by the time they are entering the NFL, they are never going to do it.  Only so much can be taught to help your accuracy.  Even if there is some stuff you can teach him in terms of accuracy you are going to try and teach that stuff while also trying to teach him the mental aspect of the game that all rookie QB's have to learn?  

Everything about him just screams bust.  

13 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Josh Allen - Highly overrated

Good QB's rise up and try to carry their team when facing tough competition.  They might not always win but you don't forget them.

Josh Allen disappears and looks like a D3 QB when facing tough competition.

I watched him play Iowa this year.  I had no idea he was considered an NFL draft prospect.  If you would have told me during that game that he was being considered one of the top QB's in the draft and may be picked top 5 I would have laughed my butt off.

Against Iowa 23/40 for a whopping 174 yards, 0 TD's and 2 Int's and 8 rushing attempts for -10 yards

Against Oregon 9/24 for 64 yards 0 TD's - 1 Int.  But he did rush 8 times for 25 yards and a touchdown.  

Some people have said that he's less a QB and more a skill set.  If that's the case then he's really really raw.  Essentially a project (very long project at that) going at the top of the first round.  That makes no sense.  

He has trouble with accuracy.  To me if a QB hasn't learned to throw an accurate football by the time they are entering the NFL, they are never going to do it.  Only so much can be taught to help your accuracy.  Even if there is some stuff you can teach him in terms of accuracy you are going to try and teach that stuff while also trying to teach him the mental aspect of the game that all rookie QB's have to learn?  

Everything about him just screams bust.  

Ikr, if he goes #1 the browns should actually disband.

Trying to stay away from some of the more popular choices.

Underrated

1. Frank Ragnaw, C/G Arkansas - plug and play center with leadership and good measurables. Only down side is may have an issue with twitch athletes but if we could get him with our third it would really help solidify the line. He played the past two years at C but has experience at RG.

2. Jaire Alexander, CB Louisville - crazy stats last year and was in contest with Fitzpatrick/Derwin for top DB but got injured this year. Watched games looking at Lamar Jackson however Alexander always stuck out to me. Top 10-15 athlete but injury drops him a bit. I’d would be okay with him at our 2nd but could be a crazy steal if he fell to our 3rd.

3. Dorance Armstrong, Edge Kansas - a down year statistically but constantly double teamed and schemes against. Great athlete and a consolation prize if we don’t get Chubb.

I’ll add some more when I get to a PC.

Not popular opinion but i personally think Chubb is overrated just because he is the best pass rush in a relatively week group of pass rushers. Not at all like a Garrett or Joey Bosa who went 1 and 3 in the last 2 drafts. I see him more like a a Dee Ford who Kc stole at 23 in 2014 in which was an insane draft class for players getting to the QB.

27 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Not popular opinion but i personally think Chubb is overrated just because he is the best pass rush in a relatively week group of pass rushers. Not at all like a Garrett or Joey Bosa who went 1 and 3 in the last 2 drafts. I see him more like a a Dee Ford who Kc stole at 23 in 2014 in which was an insane draft class for players getting to the QB.

Now, finally somebody has the acumen to see it....great post

6 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

6 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Now, finally somebody has the acumen to see it....great post

Sorry guys.....      I hate to break up this opinion love fest,  but let's start inserting some facts into this....    I know opinions are far more fun,  but facts tell a more complete story.

What you guys are dealing with here is complete revisionist history.

First,  why is anyone comparing Dee Ford,  a 235 OLB with defensive lineman?     Who does that?

And why Dee Ford?     When did he become a thing?    Do either of you know how little Ford has done in his four year in the NFL?     A total of 17.5 sacks.    1.5,  4,  10 and 2.      That's it.     To be fair,  the two sacks this past year came on only 6 games before he got hurt.     But that's it.     In four years.     One very good season,   as a LINEBACKER.   He hasn't even played that much since he's been behind Hali and Houston.

Now,  as far as Bosa is concerned....     this is almost comical.    Bosa was a hot name going into the 16 combine.   And then he tested out average across the board.     And people started jumping off the bandwagon.    And then he didn't test out any better at his pro day and more jumped off the board.   And the Chargers took him with the 3rd pick and many here were surprised.     

Now,  after two great years back to back,  EVERYONE LOVES Joey Bosa.    It's not hard to love him after his start in the NFL.    Now you make Bosa out to be an easy and obvious player.   But back before the draft, most everyone in ths community as well as many Scouts had cooled on him.   Props to San Diego.   They made the right call.   Good scouting.   But let's not pretend that was obvious prior to the draft.    Because it wasn't.

But the idea that Bradley Chubb doeesn't measure up to Bosa at the SAME POINT IN TIME is completely laughable.   

Do you even know Chubb grades out as the #1 DE in all of college against the run?     And the number 9 in pass rush?     You think a guy like that comes along every year?     I'm here to say my prediction is that Chubb will test out better than Bosa did two years ago.    He may not be the same player once he's in the NFL,  but he'll test better.

And then what?

Your views are filled with opinions and little else.   History does not support what either of you are saying.   And then you mix in a linebacker and compare him to DE's is silly.   Even worse, a guy like Ford who has had one good year out of four and try to make him into something that he's not.

The Combine is fast approaching....    I hope Chubb will put an end to this nonsense.   But even if he doesn't,  it doesn't mean much.    Look what Bosa did four years ago.    And look how he turned out.

Okorafor is not going to be underrated on draft day, imo... It's going to blow people's minds how high some of these OTs go...

I fully expect 1 or 2 OTs to be taken BEFORE Q. Nelson, as crazy as that may sound, considering that Nelson is easily the best lineman in the draft. It's just the nature of the beast...

Teams would rather draft a decent college LT who they plan to convert to RT than draft a great guard in the top 20. I'm not saying that Nelson lasts to pick 20, just that OTs will be overdrafted as they always are because of positional value and that a couple will probably go higher than anyone has them mocked.