Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck 4 President 2018 Mock Off-season

Resign: 

3 years $6-8 mil/year Melvin, 

2 years $2 mil/year Desir, 

1 year $2 mil Vinatieri

Primary Signings: 

• Ansah 4 Years $18 mil/year, 2 years guaranteed.
  • Norwell 5 Years $12 mil/year
  • Graham 1 year $8 mil, 
  • Robinson 2 years $8-10 mil/year, 1 year guaranteed.

Leaves about $20 mil for rookies and depth signings. We did spend a lot but $20 million is still more than 1/3 of the teams at the start of FA.

Draft

Trade 3rd overall, 5th round, 7th round, 2019 4th, for 21 22 53 56. Bills get their QB of the future, we have 6 picks in the first 70.

21: LB Tremaine Edmonds VT- top 4 LB in the draft. 6’5 game changer. (Rashaan Evans and Malik Jefferson are viable options too)

22: OT Mike McGlinchey ND- probably the best tackle in the draft. If he’s not here, Connor Williams may be. Immediate starter at RT. 

36: G Billy Price, Ohio state- starts day 1 and can move to C if Kelly is hurt.

53: DT Taven Bryan, Florida- great size and athleticism. may not start right away, but can work in and hopefully start by mid season.

56: S Terrell Edmonds, VT- great run stopping and hard hitting safety. Kind of small. Can rotate with Geathers.

67: RB Nick Chubb, Georgia- can be a 3 down back but will likely be in a committee with Mack. 

106: LB Fred Warner, BYU - day 1 starter. Can play OLB or ILB. Athletic, fast, and great in coverage.

180: WR Allen Lazard, Iowa state- good college WR with nice size. Can compete for WR 3. 

Projected Starting lineup:

DT Hankins, Bryan 

DE Ansah, Sheard 

LB Simon, Edmonds, Warner

CB Melvin, Wilson, Hairston/Desir

S Hooker, Geathers/Edmonds 

QB Luck

RB Chubb/Mack

TE Graham/Doyle

WR Hilton Robinson Rodgers

OT Castonzo,McGlinchey

OG Norwell, Price

C Kelly

Recap: I like Bradley Chubb, but if we get Ansah then I see trading back with the Bills to be much more valuable. This is a team I can see competing immediately with the right coaching.

• OL is fixed! 
  • DL is improved with 2 very good DEs. 
  • Drafted the Edmonds brothers. It would be cool to have 2 brothers playing together.
  • LBs are now much improved in a 4-3. 
  • Terrell Edmonds and Hooker could be our Earl thomas and Cam Chancellor.
  • We get Luck back and give him 2 TD targets in Graham and Robinson. Imagine our red zone offense with 6’7 Graham, 6’6 Doyle, 6’3 Robinson, 6’5 Lazard.
  • Chubb and Mack form an above average RB Comittee. 
  • Hoping Quincy and Hairston make a good jump this year, so I didn’t really address CB outside of resigning Melvin.
  • 5 new starters on Defense, 6 on Offense. This wouldn’t be possible without a trade back.
  • Weakest position group is probably CB and RB, but will still be improved from 2017
  •  

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:38 AM, tvturner said:

Ansah is making more than that 

Graham isn't worth that money

Edmunds won't last to 21

Graham is just not appealing to me at all.  Has shown himself to still be a red zone threat but I am sure I saw Brian Baldinger slate him for lazy blocking and is not involved as much as his price tag would warrant.

I actually like our tight end group with Doyle, Swoope (hopefully see him on the field this year) and Travis who has lots of upside.

On 2/13/2018 at 7:23 AM, DaveA1102 said:

Graham is just not appealing to me at all.  Has shown himself to still be a red zone threat but I am sure I saw Brian Baldinger slate him for lazy blocking and is not involved as much as his price tag would warrant.

I actually like our tight end group with Doyle, Swoope (hopefully see him on the field this year) and Travis who has lots of upside.

Ya he’s never been a good blocker. 8 million is for his 10+ TDs a season. 

On 2/12/2018 at 12:38 AM, tvturner said:

Ansah is making more than that 

Graham isn't worth that money

Edmunds won't last to 21

Every year there are 30+ players that “won’t last until 20”. I’ve seen more mocks having him go 20 or later than top 10. I know mocks don’t really mean anything but I specified that if he is gone we could take Rashaan Evans or Malik Jefferson who are also solid 1st round LBs.