Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Reich's Staff

stitches

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, stitches said:

http://www.detroitlions.com/team/coaches/alan-williams/fdebe4fb-dd73-4873-beda-5949becc7a2f

Wow. Williams was Vikings Defensive Coordinator for two years (2012-2013)

Also, was coach here with Colts from (2002-2011)

Biography

With 17 years of defensive coaching experience, Alan Williams joined the Lions staff in 2014 as the team’s defensive backs/safeties coach after serving as the Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator for two seasons (2012-13). He finished his 16th season coaching in the NFL in 2016, which includes previous stops with the Indianapolis Colts (2002-11) and Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2001). In 2006, he mentored the Colts’ defensive backs en route to the team’s 29-17 win over the Chicago Bears in Super Bowl XLI.

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

http://www.detroitlions.com/team/coaches/alan-williams/fdebe4fb-dd73-4873-beda-5949becc7a2f

Wow. Williams was Vikings Defensive Coordinator foe two years.

Also, was coach here with Colts from (2002-2011)

Biography

With 17 years of defensive coaching experience, Alan Williams joined the Lions staff in 2014 as the team’s defensive backs/safeties coach after serving as the Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator for two seasons (2012-13). He finished his 16th season coaching in the NFL in 2016, which includes previous stops with the Indianapolis Colts (2002-11) and Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2001). In 2006, he mentored the Colts’ defensive backs en route to the team’s 29-17 win over the Chicago Bears in Super Bowl XLI.

He could be for us, what Pagano was for the secondary, I would definitely like this hire as secondary coach.  :thmup:

13 minutes ago, achcolts said:

So the same DB coach that couldn’t develop Tim Jennings :/ 

Good point. We will just have to see, I guess. 

However, Ballard's vision of tall physical CBs and Eberflus' working in tandem with Marinelli's D with man CBs in Claiborne, Carr etc. in Dallas would be a bigger overriding factor, IMO. Under Dungy and Ron Meeks, they were more afraid of giving up the big play and had the dual pass rushers. We don't have that now, so jamming at the line of scrimmage with man CBs may be a necessity to buy pass rushers time as well, we have to think about that angle too. 

29 minutes ago, achcolts said:

So the same DB coach that couldn’t develop Tim Jennings :/ 

Coaches often get too much credit and too much blame. That's like blaming the patriots DB coach for not developing Darius butler.  Sometimes a player just needs to get his head out of his butt.

40 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Sounds like he was offered job friday to strat making personal plans.

Reich wasn't even interviewed until Saturday.

Sounds like Reich started making contacts asking assistants if they'd like to join him IN Indianapolis IF he's offered the job.    That way, in his interview, Reich can tell Ballard and Irsay that he has commitments from certain assistants to join him.

Smart move by Frank.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sounds like Reich started making contacts asking assistants if they'd like to join him IN Indianapolis IF he's offered the job.    That way, in his interview, Reich can tell Ballard and Irsay that he has commitments from certain assistants to join him.

Smart move by Frank.

Yep. He showed up with answers. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Smart move by Frank.

Frazier was saturday. Frank was not Friday?

9 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Shamelessly clipped from Reich's Wikipedia page:

"In 1998, Beebe founded House of Speed, LLC, a company that specializes in training athletes in the essentials of top performance, speed and character. House of Speed began franchise operations in 2006 and has locations in eleven states."

It seems that you CAN teach speed after all!

3 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

we wont just be running a pure Tampa infact we may run a 3/4 43 tampa hybrid

As far as the DBs, Alan Williams coached our DBs during the Polian era and coached the Lions.  Both D's were focused on zone coverage almost exclusively.

That's yuk worthy!

BIOGRAPHY

Nick Sirianni will coach the Chargers wide receivers for a second season in 2017. A former quality control and quarterbacks coach, this is Sirianni’s fifth season with the team.

Under Sirianni’s guidance, Tyrell Williams enjoyed a breakout season for the Chargers in 2016. In just his second NFL season, Williams led the Bolts with 69 catches and 1,059 yards. He became just the 15th player in franchise history to top 1,000 yards. Three of the Chargers’ top four pass catchers in 2016 were wide receivers as Williams, Dontrelle Inman and Travis Benjamin combined to catch 174 passes for 2,546 yards and 15 touchdowns. Williams and Benjamin each caught six passes of 40 yards or longer, tied for most in the League.

A native of Jamestown, N.Y., Sirianni won three NCAA Division III National Championships (2000-02) as a wide receiver at the University of Mount Union in Alliance, Ohio. A three-year starter, he earned All-Ohio Athletic Conference honors as a senior after a career-high 13 touchdown catches. Sirianni spent one season (2005) playing in the Atlantic Indoor Football League with the Canton Legends before transitioning into coaching. He coached defensive backs at Mt. Union during the 2004-05 seasons and helped lead the Purple Raiders to another national title in 2005.

Sirianni spent three seasons (2006-08) coaching wide receivers at Indiana University in Pennsylvania before landing his first NFL job with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2009. From 2009-11, he was an offensive quality control coach for the Chiefs and in 2012 he coached the team’s wide receivers. In 2010, Sirianni worked with the Chiefs’ quarterbacks and helped Matt Cassel achieve All-Pro honors.

Sirianni originally joined the Chargers in 2013 as a quality control coach on offense before spending the 2014-15 seasons coaching quarterbacks. Philip Rivers went to the Pro Bowl in 2014 and in 2015, he enjoyed a record-breaking season as he set new franchise marks for attempts and completions, while passing for 4,792 yards, 10 shy of the franchise record. Rivers set a team-record with five-straight 300-yard games in 2015, including the first 500-yard game in team history, and he threw 29 touchdown passes.

Sirianni’s brother, Mike, is the head coach at Washington and Jefferson College in Washington, Pa. A six-time Presidents’ Athletic Conference Coach of the Year, including 2012-14, Sirianni owns a .810 winning percentage (128-30), which is the highest in school history. In 2016, the Presidents went 9-2, including a 38-31 victory over Brockport State (N.Y.) in the ECAC Presidents Bowl at Franklin Field in Philadelphia. Brother, Jay, is a former head coach at their alma mater, Southwestern Central High School in Jamestown where their father, Fran, also spent nine years as the varsity head coach. Under Jay, Southwestern Central won New York state championships in 2008 and ’09. He stepped down from coaching at Southwestern Central in 2015.

Sirianni and his wife, Brett, have a son, Jacob.