Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles long snapper said Eagles ran fake walk through

chad72

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Eagles won the SB lmao 

Doesn't actually follow that the fake walkthrough was a reason why.

They won because they were the better team on the field, made the 1 or 2 key plays that made the difference, and because they didn't make the mistakes Belichick usually manages to pounce on.  They were very well coached and their coaches didn't try to play guessing games with Belichick, and stayed within their game plan.  That's how you beat the Patriots.

The key play of the game was the strip sack on Brady in the 2 minute drill.  Brady is frankly almost untouchable in the 2 minute, getting the stop there isn't something that happens to Brady very often, I think the last time he was kept out of the scoring area with the game on the line in the 2 minute other than a few last minute hail marys was when the Colts picked him in '06.  Fake walkthroughs didn't make that play happen.  A defensive line that was well coached and physically conditioned to play for 60 minutes made that happen.

2 minutes ago, George Peterson said:

Doesn't actually follow that the fake walkthrough was a reason why.

They won because they were the better team on the field, made the 1 or 2 key plays that made the difference, and because they didn't make the mistakes Belichick usually manages to pounce on.  They were very well coached and their coaches didn't try to play guessing games with Belichick, and stayed within their game plan.  That's how you beat the Patriots.

The key play of the game was the strip sack on Brady in the 2 minute drill.  Brady is frankly almost untouchable in the 2 minute, getting the stop there isn't something that happens to Brady very often, I think the last time he was kept out of the scoring area with the game on the line in the 2 minute other than a few last minute hail marys was when the Colts picked him in '06.  Fake walkthroughs didn't make that play happen.  A defensive line that was well coached and physically conditioned to play for 60 minutes made that happen.

I was actually shocked Tom didn't win the game, he normally does. In 2006 it was just our year, that was the best team we ever had. If Peyton didn't win it that year he may as well just given up lmao. That game was his legacy, I knew we would beat Chicago. I don't blame Tom for the loss against Philly much like I don't blame Peyton for losing to the Saints. Both QB's had the crucial TO's but Tom and Peyton's Defenses sucked in those SB's. 

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was actually shocked Tom didn't win the game, he normally does. In 2006 it was just our year, that was the best team we ever had. If Peyton didn't win it that year he may as well just given up lmao. That game was his legacy, I knew we would beat Chicago. I don't blame Tom for the loss against Philly much like I don't blame Peyton for losing to the Saints. Both QB's had the crucial TO's but Tom and Peyton's Defenses sucked in those SB's. 

We were outcoached when we lost to the Saints in the Super Bowl. I will also contend that the extended half-time hurt the Colts because Freeney was having a pretty good game in the first half but because of the half-time show his injured ankle got stiff and he just wasn't the same player in the 2nd half. I will never forgive The Who for costing us the Super Bowl!

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2010/02/colts_dwight_freeney_plays_on_injured_ankle_in_super_bowl_loss_to_saints.html 

To clarify what I mean about mistakes, Belichick pounces on coaches that are unprepared for their own success against him. 

Pete Carroll is a really good coach, and the Kearse catch caught his team so flat footed that it probably did more harm than good.  I can't think of a single play the Seahawks made after the Kearse catch that struck me as being disciplined or well put together.  Hightower shed 2 blockers to get to Lynch at the 1, then they wasted a time out because Wilson couldn't coordinate the team on the field, then Wilson made a sloppy pass to Lockette that he telegraphed a good 30 seconds before the play was even snapped. 

The Seahawks stopped playing to a gameplan and started thinking, and thinking on the field is never a good idea.  You need to have your game plan in mind and be able to stick with it even when you're excited and the finish line is in sight.  Lack of focus led to the mistakes that allowed Butler to pick that ball far more than the playcall (which I still maintain was not bad but merely average, that play was let down by execution, not the playcall itself).

As for the Falcons, after the Patriots got a couple stops and put some points up on them, they got tight and kept trying to fight for momentum rather than playing to the situation.  They were trying to break the game back down in their own favor and it kept not working because the Patriots weren't letting up the pressure.  By the end of the third quarter the Falcons offense in particular was seriously second guessing itself and the whole Falcons team was in neutral and coasting downhill at a steadily increasing pace.  Again, lack of focus, instead of staying on mesage, the team relaxed with a big lead and started to give the game away.

This is the mistake the Eagles avoided.  They played to the gameplan, were physically prepared to play with the Patriots for 60 minutes, and took the opportunity to make the big stops when needed.  Full credit to the Eagles coaching staff who clearly did a lot of very hard work to carefully prepare their team.

2 hours ago, GoPats said:

One of the problems with the media is that even false stories, retracted stories, etc... get legs sometimes. The Patriots never taped another team's walk-through as part of "Spygate." 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/boston-herald-spygate-story-false-apologizes-article-1.327372

I say let them waste time on fake game plans and fake walk-throughs. 

Sure, they beat us...but that isn't why and usually when teams are pre-occupied with this kind of anxiety, it works in the Pats' favor.

3 hours ago, GoPats said:

One of the problems with the media is that even false stories, retracted stories, etc... get legs sometimes. The Patriots never taped another team's walk-through as part of "Spygate." 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/boston-herald-spygate-story-false-apologizes-article-1.327372

Says Goodell, not a great track record.  What's Walsh going to say, "I know you didn't catch us red-handed like you did with the Jets, but we did it to other teams also".  Didn't the evidence get destroyed in that case without anyone other than Goodell and the Pats knowing what was on the tapes?  Not being caught is not the same as being not guilty.

27 minutes ago, Dilger85 said:

Says Goodell, not a great track record.  What's Walsh going to say, "I know you didn't catch us red-handed like you did with the Jets, but we did it to other teams also".  Didn't the evidence get destroyed in that case without anyone other than Goodell and the Pats knowing what was on the tapes?  Not being caught is not the same as being not guilty.

Do you understand what it takes to have a major newspaper print a retraction? 

Just asking you an honest question here. 

1 minute ago, GoPats said:

Do you understand what it takes to have a major newspaper print a retraction? 

Just asking you an honest question here. 

No, but I would imagine that conflicting or unconfirmed information contributes to the retraction.  I would make the assumption that they shouldn't have ran the story in the first place as they might not have had enough confirmed evidence. 

The point still stands though, just because they didn't get caught doesn't mean they didn't do it.

While I agree that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, when there's no evidence at all, not just in this case, but in any of the allegations of spying brought by media and other teams against the Patriots, I think it's fair to analyze the pattern and consider the nature of the messengers -- "unnamed sources" and players and coaches from teams bitter at their defeat at the hands of New England, and media men looking for hits, clicks, and sold issues willing to cater to them for the sake of sensationalism.

I mean you guys know the state of the modern mainstream media as much as anyone.  It's getting to the point that if it says a thing in the newspaper, and it's not an ironclad indisputable fact, I just assume it either isn't true or the facts are being twisted to the editor's agenda.  Journalistic integrity has long been a relic of ancient history as far as the modern media is concerned -- if it even ever existed in the first place.  Even the history books can't be fully believed anymore.

So because the broncos cheated, the Patriots absolutely definitely 100% are dirty filthy rotten cheaters?

The Broncos have their own rap sheet of illegal behavior and it's far longer than NEP's if you compare their entire history and not just this century.  The Broncos are historically one of the worst "problem children" in the entire NFL, right up there with the Steelers and the Jets.  Their PED rap sheet is as long as the next 5 worst teams combined.  A HC from the Broncos cheating isn't any kind of evidence of Patriot malfeasance, even if the head coach at the time was a Patriots alum.  The Broncos' legacy of complete disregard for the rules is all their own.

22 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

I say let them waste time on fake game plans and fake walk-throughs. 

Sure, they beat us...but that isn't why and usually when teams are pre-occupied with this kind of anxiety, it works in the Pats' favor.

The Fake walk thru is really funny when your dealing with the biggest cheaters in the NFL who over a 15 year span has proved they were good enough to win without cheating yet cheated any way because  its the Patriot way & when McDoush went to Denver he tried to continue his cheating ways & was caught . 

Fans from all teams realize the Patriots are good & they just wonder why they did'nt have the confidence to play fairly . 

3 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

The Fake walk thru is really funny when your dealing with the biggest cheaters in the NFL who over a 15 year span has proved they were good enough to win without cheating yet cheated any way because  its the Patriot way & when McDoush went to Denver he tried to continue his cheating ways & was caught . 

Fans from all teams realize the Patriots are good & they just wonder why they did'nt have the confidence to play fairly . 

:rock::rock::rock:

On 2/14/2018 at 3:08 PM, Dilger85 said:

No, but I would imagine that conflicting or unconfirmed information contributes to the retraction.  I would make the assumption that they shouldn't have ran the story in the first place as they might not have had enough confirmed evidence. 

The point still stands though, just because they didn't get caught doesn't mean they didn't do it.

That last statement is perfect. Just perfect. 

So, just because an allegation is unfounded and unproven, it doesn't mean the Patriots didn't do it? :lol:

lmao. 

Do you have any idea how messed up that statement is? 

I hope you're never on jury duty if I have to go to trial... 

47 minutes ago, GoPats said:

That last statement is perfect. Just perfect. 

So, just because an allegation is unfounded and unproven, it doesn't mean the Patriots didn't do it? :lol:

Yes, also means that they should not be punished for it and they weren't.

lmao. 

Do you have any idea how messed up that statement is? Why because the Pats are such a trustworthy franchise that has never been caught bending or breaking the rules?

I hope you're never on jury duty if I have to go to trial...  

I get that you are a Pats fan and trying to defend your organization, but please get off your high horse.  "we didn't cheat that time, honest".  Give me a break, the Pats are a great team and have been for a long time but don't try to make it sound inconceivable that they broke the rules more than they have been caught that is just not logical.  Logic would lead one to believe that the taping of signals and practices like that were common during that particular time frame unless the Pats just happened to get caught the first time out.