Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Character of Kraft and Belichick

King Colt

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

AM is still apparently upset that her QB got suspended for 4 games and will always have that on his record. Reason why Tom fought that incident so hard is because he didn't want that on his record. It's like a blemish because people will look at their SB win but still say he cheated since Goodell suspended him for 4 games. Without that blemish, Tom would've been absolved of any wrong doing so it was big for him to get out of that mess and big for the Pats fans as well deep down.

No idea what this has to do with Ann and Krafts integrity but. I as a pats fan always thought he fought so hard because he felt he was innocent? Weird how someone fights when they feel they done nothing wrong and the ONLY reason he lost was because the CBA is downright criminally set up for power to Goodell. But again what this has do with this thread is rather confusing.. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Ok, first the article saying BB promised to show McDaniels the ins and outs to be a great head coach was a REPRINR of the very same article some TEN years ago. KRAFT 2 days before he got cold feet said he pay him more money to stay. McDaniels decided last minute to stay, no assurances being BB successor, no promise of anything. It some $$.  IMO he is scared of leaving his. Only in Brady and BB.

I am actually ok with him leaving now. I didn't like the way he did it but I am happy with the Reich hiring.

Ok, first the article saying BB promised to show McDaniels the ins and outs to be a great head coach was a REPRINR of the very same article some TEN years ago. KRAFT 2 days before he got cold feet said he pay him more money to stay. McDaniels decided last minute to stay, no assurances being BB successor, no promise of anything. It some $$.  IMO he is scared of leaving his. Only in Brady and BB.

Who cares ?   McDaniels had his chance to stand on his own two feet and backed down.

We now have someone who is not scared to go after what he has been working for.

No idea what this has to do with Ann and Krafts integrity but. I as a pats fan always thought he fought so hard because he felt he was innocent? Weird how someone fights when they feel they done nothing wrong and the ONLY reason he lost was because the CBA is downright criminally set up for power to Goodell. But again what this has do with this thread is rather confusing.. 

No it has a lot to do with the Thread because Deflategate was brought up. I was responding to George Peterson regarding Deflategate. GP is the one that keeps saying the Pats never cheated. All I am saying in response to that is, it was important for Tom to get absolved of any wrong doing and not be suspended. Any Patriots fan would tell you that as well. By him getting suspended 4 games, the commissioner found him of wrong doings.  

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am actually ok with him leaving now. I didn't like the way he did it but I am happy with the Reich hiring.

The longer we have Reich, the more I'm at peace with it. I watched his press-conference and he was so poised and looked like a great leader of men, while being a humbling funny guy with regards to Pat McAfee's questions. I've tried to picture McDaniels at that podium and it feels cringeworthy by comparison.

7 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

LOL...

Sneaky sneaky AM, catfishing a football forum, that's a new one. How many aliases are you up to now???

Who the hell is AM? 

The irony here is that I signed up for this forum using my Facebook account.  Only time I've ever done that.  This forum probably knows more about my actual identity than any other forum I've ever signed up for, and this is the forum where I get accused of being a sock puppet?  And a female sock puppet at that.  Oh that's just delicious.  Anyone visiting this forum could probably steal my identity, and this is the forum where I get accused of not having one.

Needless to say the face in my profile pic is my face.  I certainly wouldn't present such an ugly mug to the world if it wasn't.  Look elsewhere for sock puppets and alts.  I am what I appear to be -- a massively overweight fellow who lives in Maine, lost his job as a call center supervisor a year ago, volunteers as online tech support for the LDS Church, makes jam for the food bank as a hobby, lives with his parents due to complications from his clinical depression and probably spends way too much time on various Internet forums as a result.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No it has a lot to do with the Thread because Deflategate was brought up. I was responding to George Peterson regarding Deflategate. GP is the one that keeps saying the Pats never cheated. All I am saying in response to that is, it was important for Tom to get absolved of any wrong doing and not be suspended. Any Patriots fan would tell you that as well. By him getting suspended 4 games, the commissioner found him of wrong doings.  

Yes, which means one of two things.  Either the Commissioner is wrong, or Brady is wrong. 

Behaving as if the Commissioner could not be wrong does not do your intelligence any favors, considering the nature and character of this particular Commissioner.

Given the way the legal battle actually panned out, where Goodell had to concede every single material matter of the case and fall back on "I can dole out punishments as I see fit under the CBA" as his only legal justification for continuing to punish Brady, I don't think it takes a Pats fan to believe that the commissioner was wrong and sustained the suspension mostly as a way to refuse to admit his mistake.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Mods, if you wish to not waste more of people's time on this thread, please close it!!! :) 

I know Colts fans are upset but it does no good to me for us to keep this thread open, we have plenty of other threads to vent jointly.

i enjoyed this thread

23 hours ago, George Peterson said:

Unfortunately I can believe it... depending on where you actually go in New England.  We're a bellicose  bunch, we always have been, and we tend to be a bit insular.  The Boston Irish influence is very strong throughout the region, and we do have a tendency to look askance at outsiders.  The rivalries with Montreal in hockey, and New York in baseball and football, tend to reflect that strongly, with both sides smacktalking and everyone giving as good as they get and the Bostonians loving every minute of it.

Unfortunately from a more reserved, Midwestern perspective -- yeah, I can definitely see why our braggadocio from years of bumping shoulders with New York Irishmen and Montreal Frenchmen would rub people the wrong way, particularly  because not all of us can keep a lid on it, especially when the beer starts flowing.  It's just the way we are.

Sure, I've been to Gillette and had to SMH at times... like I said, I think in every fan base, there are good sorts and bad sorts. It's just that the bad sorts get more attention because they tend to be louder, lol...

I grew up splitting my time between the Boston suburbs and the White Mountains. Even within New England, the cultural/regional differences are prominent. As a Mainer I'm sure you don't share all the same traits as a person your age and at your stage of life living in Cambridge or Somerville or something. 

I guess I just have big issues with generalizations. :dunno:

9 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

The longer we have Reich, the more I'm at peace with it. I watched his press-conference and he was so poised and looked like a great leader of men, while being a humbling funny guy with regards to Pat McAfee's questions. I've tried to picture McDaniels at that podium and it feels cringeworthy by comparison.

While I was encouraging the Reich hiring the minute McD backed out (check my post history), let's be honest here... To think anyone can establish one's character and/or leadership abilities (as HC in the NFL) based on a brief, introductory presser and a couple of quotes in the newspaper, is WAYYYYY too presumptuous. 

If a HC's ability had ANYTHING to do with his press conferences, Belichick would be the worst HC in the history of the NFL.

My assumption here is that Colt's fans are expecting their HC to "win" above & beyond any other expectations...??...

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

Sure, I've been to Gillette and had to SMH at times... like I said, I think in every fan base, there are good sorts and bad sorts. It's just that the bad sorts get more attention because they tend to be louder, lol...

I grew up splitting my time between the Boston suburbs and the White Mountains. Even within New England, the cultural/regional differences are prominent. As a Mainer I'm sure you don't share all the same traits as a person your age and at your stage of life living in Cambridge or Somerville or something. 

I guess I just have big issues with generalizations. :dunno:

You're talking to the wrong person for that.  I can be two different people on two different days.  My attitude is very mercurial and I don't even know what I'm going to think from one moment to the next.

10 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

While I was encouraging the Reich hiring the minute McD backed out (check my post history), let's be honest here... To think anyone can establish one's character and/or leadership abilities (as HC in the NFL) based on a brief, introductory presser and a couple of quotes in the newspaper, is WAYYYYY too presumptuous. 

If a HC's ability had ANYTHING to do with his press conferences, Belichick would be the worst HC in the history of the NFL.

My assumption here is that Colt's fans are expecting their HC to "win" above & beyond any other expectations...??...

I hope not.  Quite frankly the Colts are not currently built to win.  I think Indianapolis is in for a 3 year rebuild cycle and if they rush it, they'll regret it.  They really need to fundamentally overall almost their entire roster, to the point that even if Luck gets healthy, I wonder if it might be the path of wisdom to find a trade partner willing to bet some assets that he'll stay that way.  Otherwise Luck's going to start trending downward just as the new draft picks come into their own.

Funny thought:  Trade him to the Bills, just to spite the Patriots.  Putting a good to great quarterback in Buffalo would make the AFC East much less of a cake walk.  The Bills just made the playoffs more or less without a quarterback, give them a good one with their defense and they could give TB12 a run for his money.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:38 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Nah, winning at any cost is all most Pats fans care about. Integrity and sportsmanship means little to them. East coast mentality at it's finest.

While there is a lot of "stereotyping" going on in this thread, this is the post which seemed to initiate the idea that "East Coast fans" see it differently than "Midwest fans".

I am NOT trying to troll here, rather I am completely aghast at the insinuation that one's physical location, in any way, has anything to do with their integrity??  

If the integrity of Indiana people is so vastly different/better than people on the east coast, then why do Indiana people (as a whole) make Brady's jersey the highest seller in their state?   Are these people supporting the idea of "cheating" by purchasing/wearing the jersey of a "cheater"?....

NFL Jerseys by state.JPG

5 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

While there is a lot of "stereotyping" going on in this thread, this is the post which seemed to initiate the idea that "East Coast fans" see it differently than "Midwest fans".

I am NOT trying to troll here, rather I am completely aghast at the insinuation that one's physical location, in any way, has anything to do with their integrity??  

If the integrity of Indiana people is so vastly different/better than people on the east coast, then why do Indiana people (as a whole) make Brady's jersey the highest seller in their state?   Are these people supporting the idea of "cheating" by purchasing/wearing the jersey of a "cheater"?....

NFL Jerseys by state.JPG

Sorry, but the 'east coast mentality" goes beyond football.

Sales in NFL merchandise has nothing to do with it.

On February 8, 2018 at 5:19 PM, King Colt said:

All things aside I can't help but wonder about the character of Kraft and Belichick.

1. What would be you thoughts if your bosses did what they did to you?

2. How much respect would you feel they held for you?

3. How many discussions did Belichick and Kraft have in private about losing Mc Daniels? 

4. Did either say to the other, "we can't do that to him"?

5. McDaniel's' agent dropped him and it appears he screwed himself bigtime in the eyes of other owners for decades to come. Didn't that dawn on either Kraft or Belichick?

6. Hard to believe both agreed on 100% of how this went down.

7. How secure would you feel the HC job is yours after being treated like this?

I am glad McDaniels did not come to Indy. I never liked his character and never respected him but he is working for two vipers and things may not end well for him in the future. This reminds me of a young boxer working for a pair of slimey managers strictly out for themselves. It smells very bad because something is rotten somewhere.

You covered a lot of ground there KC. I'm not mocking you BTW since I have a tendency to get longwinded myself usually. Call it being thorough if that makes you feel better. 

1. If my boss was about to take a new job, got money thrown at him, & left his new city, employees, & supervisor high & dry; I'd be pretty p**ed. You can't tell me thru the interview process that Josh had no clue he was having reservations. Even if accept the premise that Robert Kraft aggressively pushed hard to lure me back, an honorable guy says I appreciate the love Bob but I made a commitment to INDY & I have to keep my word. Otherwise, I can never be trusted again. 

2. There is some credence to the idea that Kraft pulled this sneaky stunt just to be a thorn in the Colts organization side. The timing of the JM talk is too deliberate to be coincidental to me. You gotta let grudges go, Robert. The only person they gnaw at is the person holding onto to the resentment. 

3. What I find funny is that nobody on the Pats side tried to bring Matt Patricia back & screw the Lions over only Josh. 

4. Both BB & Kraft knew how important JM is to the success of Brady & that offense. No, neither guy questioned is this move morally wrong. All that matters is winning period to them by any means necessary. 

5. I hadn't heard that JM's agent dumped him as a client. Imagine that an agent with more of a moral compass than his former star coordinator. My faith in humanity has been restored. Nice. 

6. I just wish the NE organization would admit that they weren't gonna let our brightest OC go to our arch nemesis now would we. Their silence as an owner & HC is very disturbing. Really? They have no opinions on what happened at all? I find that difficult to believe. 

7. To me, it's not about a future promotion down the road. It's about burning bridges & napalming even the river at the same time. NFL GMs & football fans across the globe will never forget this. JM's professional reputation has been demolished & is in taters now. It just is & Josh is a complete fool for railroading his new boss Jimmy for his old boss Robert. Okay, let's play this out. BB retires in 2 yrs, JM is promoted to NE HC, if he gets canned in say 3 yrs, what's his future in this league?--Dead On Arrival. 

Integrity? The Pats have none. Who does the owner, coach, and QB support that is the picture of corruption? I'll let you figure it out, but let me just say that if it was the Colts organization in the same boat, I would disown them. Not even joking. This is about right vs wrong at this point.

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sorry, but the 'east coast mentality" goes beyond football.

Sales in NFL merchandise has nothing to do with it.

Again, I am completely stunned at the idea of one's physical location has ANYTHING to do with their integrity (regardless of jersey sales).  Utterly preposterous stereotyping and quite discriminatory to look at others in such a "lesser fashion" than one's self, IMO.

You, my friend, need a BIG piece of humble pie...

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

Again, I am completely stunned at the idea of one's physical location has ANYTHING to do with their integrity (regardless of jersey sales).  Utterly preposterous stereotyping and quite discriminatory to look at others in such a "lesser fashion" than one's self, IMO.

You, my friend, need a BIG piece of humble pie...

Sorry, you are not the one to give me nor anyone else a slice of humble pie.

I explained why I have those opinions in an earlier comment. Sorry if you don't comprehend what I said.