Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jimmy Garoppolo is Highest paid player in NFL

Mel Kiper's Hair

28 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Yeah I didn’t really mean to bash Jimmy G there, he’s been fantastic and it looks like he’s got a very bright future. 

Regarding the bolded part though, I wouldn’t necessarily believe everything you’ve read about BB’s intentions with his QBs. Belichick is insanely private and secretive and the notion that anyone butbhim knew what he had planned for 2018 is hard to swallow. 

Most definitely. Bill is extremely close to the vest about his real plans moving forward about himself or Brady. However, when an HC parts ways with Chandler Jones, Lawyer Milloy, Logan Mankins; & he doesn't allow Malcolm Butler to play in any quarter of the last SB--nobody is untouchable even TB12.

If Joe Montana & Peyton Manning can finish their HOF careers elsewhere, no field general is invincible or bullet proof anymore. Trading Jimmy G. almost guarantees Brady will finish his career in Foxboro yes, I will admit. But, you never know either. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Most definitely. Bill is extremely close to the vest about his real plans moving forward about himself or Brady. However, when an HC parts ways with Chandler Jones, Lawyer Milloy, Logan Mankins; & he doesn't allow Malcolm Butler to play in any quarter of the last SB--nobody is untouchable even TB12.

If Joe Montana & Peyton Manning can finish their HOF careers elsewhere, no field general is invincible or bullet proof anymore. Trading Jimmy G. almost guarantees Brady will finish his career in Foxboro yes, I will admit. But, you never know either. 

I wouldn't say Brady is untouchable, but he did just win the MVP and was one of the league's top QBs wire-to-wire. I don't think BB was in any hurry to get rid of him. If anything, he may have wanted to keep Jimmy G. around for another 2-3 years, but that wasn't feasible of course. 

It would shock me if Brady is given the same treatment as Milloy, Mankins, etc. Don't forget, not all of the "old" Patriots went out that way. Tedy Bruschi, Troy Brown, Kevin Faulk... those guys all retired under amicable, mutually agreeable terms. It's not like BB sends EVERY single vet packing at some point. 

I'll predict, boldly or otherwise, that Brady falls into the later category when it's time for him to hang 'em up. 

21 hours ago, southwest1 said:

If I was in your shoes as a Pats fan, I'd say the same darn thing. Tom is capable of winning another SB before he retires easy. I'm wrong a lot & if Brady wins say 2 more rings I promise you I'll give Brady his props. I love the guy's insatiable drive to win rings. I like Brady despite the fact I roasted him over deflate gate. He's not evil & neither is Bill. I still like poking fun at the Emperor Palpatine joke though. You know, he sold his soul to keep winning rings. I'm just goofing around. 

Yeah, I get both sides of that argument--Keep Brady or move on with a new era. I still think the Jimmy G era should have started this season, but maybe Bill wants to walk away in say 3 yrs too. I get that. 

I still respect Josh McDaniels offensive genius & no, I won't lord it over him what he did to INDY forever. That's not how I roll. I've done foolish stuff myself. I can forgive, but I never ever forget. 

You're alright FE. 

What Josh did was wrong. You guys have every right to roast him. I'm glad you ended up with a good coach anyway. That was fortunate. I look forward to the renewed rivalry and wish Andrew Luck good health. He is the reason I joined this forum. :)

1 hour ago, Flying Elvis said:

What Josh did was wrong. You guys have every right to roast him. I'm glad you ended up with a good coach anyway. That was fortunate. I look forward to the renewed rivalry and wish Andrew Luck good health. He is the reason I joined this forum. :)

Thanks man. I really appreciate this post FE. It's nice to hear a respected rival say that they like Andrew Luck & look forward to his return to football. 

What? You mean you didn't join the forum because of my brilliance & incredible wit FE? haha Yeah, I know...Don't oversell it SW1. You're not that darn funny or smart. Touche. Uh huh. Luck is impossible not to like. He works his tail off & never says a bad word about anybody. Plus, the league is better when INDY & NE are competitive. Thanks though for your sentiment about good health & a smooth recovery for Chewbacca. 

I always try to give your team, HC, QB, & coaching staff a fair shake. BTW, I loved ESPN's 30 For 30 show on Bill Parcels & Bill Belichick's relationship in the NFL. Those 2 really admire each other. I loved the part at the end when the Tuna & the Grey Hoodie refused to go into the Jets locker room because it demonstrated that neither guy refused to make a mockery of how the the Jets coaching situation ended. They really care about each other's wellbeing. Parcels gave Belichick exposure on the NY Giants & in return, Bill's DC prowess gave Parcels a defense he could count on if the offense was off kilter temporarily. When the Tuna said to the Grey Hoodie "I regret some of the things I said to you on the sidelines in the past," I almost fell out of my chair. It's really difficult for proud men to express regret. Guys hate admitting that we messed up because it typically means we didn't appreciate how good we had it or how bright  [our former DC truly was.] Cool. 

Yeah, we landed a good one with Frank Reich. Josh seemed relieved to return to Boston too. 

5 hours ago, GoPats said:

I wouldn't say Brady is untouchable, but he did just win the MVP and was one of the league's top QBs wire-to-wire. I don't think BB was in any hurry to get rid of him. If anything, he may have wanted to keep Jimmy G. around for another 2-3 years, but that wasn't feasible of course. 

It would shock me if Brady is given the same treatment as Milloy, Mankins, etc. Don't forget, not all of the "old" Patriots went out that way. Tedy Bruschi, Troy Brown, Kevin Faulk... those guys all retired under amicable, mutually agreeable terms. It's not like BB sends EVERY single vet packing at some point. 

I'll predict, boldly or otherwise, that Brady falls into the later category when it's time for him to hang 'em up. 

True winning the regular season MVP this past season proves that Brady can still play at an elite level even into his 40's. Even I can't dismiss that fact. To Tom's credit, he is skilled at winning say 12 games almost every yr for over a decade now, which is hard to do--Hit the re-set button every yr & still compete for rings like it's a foregone conclusion. 

Yes, a few Patriots players walked into the NFL sunset on their own terms. But you & I both know that Bill has a habit of trading established veterans often...The business side of the NFL.