Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mcdaniel's agent drops him (merge)

Mel Kiper's Hair

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22356955/josh-mcdaniels-agent-bob-lamonte-quitting-colts-mess

Told him he was committing career suicide by rejecting the Colts.  Apparently considered one of the best agents out there for coaches and front office personnel.  

I'm guessing McDaniels is officially blacklisted outside of Boston and LaMonte doesn't want to be a part of it.  Probably doesn't want to in the future try and explain to a GM why they should hire his guy when his guy flaked out on another team at the last minute.  

5 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I don't blame him.  He may be able to collect a paycheck from him, but forget about having any cred repping a guy like McD.  Guy is toast outside of NE - which is the only place that will ever hire him again.

Yep, his credibility as an agent is worth more then what he's going to be getting from McDaniels.  

Besides he apparently has plenty of clients.  Sounds like he's basically a super agent but for coaches and front office people. 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

McDaniels has become a real Pariah

Absolutely.  As many have said, this is career suicide.

I can't imagine how he succeeds once Brady and Billy-Boy leave.  No franchise QB in place and who will want to sign to play in NE once they are gone?  What's the draw to play in NE one they're gone?  I just don't see it.

Pats fans won't give him any benefit since they're so used to winning.

McD will go down in flames.

Not to mention, there are other clients of LaMonte that he hurt financially as well, including Lamonte and Ballard, of course. I don't care if you made the decision for family reasons, you didn't need to wait this long if your heart was not in it to begin with.

21 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22356955/josh-mcdaniels-agent-bob-lamonte-quitting-colts-mess

Told him he was committing career suicide by rejecting the Colts.  Apparently considered one of the best agents out there for coaches and front office personnel.  

I'm guessing McDaniels is officially blacklisted outside of Boston and LaMonte doesn't want to be a part of it.  Probably doesn't want to in the future try and explain to a GM why they should hire his guy when his guy flaked out on another team at the last minute.  

I'm guessing at least 50% of the fans in Boston think he's a worm too.  An unlikable guy has a very short leash when he makes mistakes.  Boston fans like BB because he wins, and that's about the only reason.  

31 minutes ago, Turftoe said:

Smart thing to do.  The agent probably wants to dispel any suggestion that he encouraged or condoned what McDaniels did.

There are articles saying he told him that it was the worst mistake he's ever made and that it was career suicide.  

15 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'm guessing at least 50% of the fans in Boston think he's a worm too.  An unlikable guy has a very short leash when he makes mistakes.  Boston fans like BB because he wins, and that's about the only reason.  

The thing about him that sort of struck me is that he seems spineless.  Have you seen the way Tom Brady talks to him.  Peyton Manning wouldn't treat the team's waterboy the way Tom Brady treats his offensive coordinator.  McDaniel's just takes it.  

Then apparently he's cleaning out his office for his new job and BB and Kraft knock on the door and are able to talk him out of taking the job for a small raise.  Not nearly what he would have earned as a HC of course.  

Spineless.  

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Not directed at the OP. 

Time to move on, let's move all McDaniels threads out of the COLTS section. He's not good enough to be a Colt so get his name out of this section

I see what you are saying.

Maybe give people the rest of the day to finish venting.

People don't pay attention to where they are posting and when they are angry, it's worse.

Tomorrow 'he who shall not be named' will be yesterday's news

15 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

McDaniels has made himself toxic outside of New England and even there good luck getting coaches to come coach with you after what he did to his guys this time.  His agent sees that and is getting out before he can be dragged down with him.

Pretty potent message to McDaniels I think.  

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

People don't pay attention to where they are posting and when they are angry, it's worse.

Sounds like a plan !

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

Agreed....its therapeutic for people right now to get the venom out. I would say we don't need 50 threads clogging up the site devoted to the man whose name shall not be said...so a good house cleaning and a mega thread sounds good!

Who'd go work for him if he hypothetically got Bills gig? You can't trust him- at all..

I really hope he's the guy to replace Bill though. I'd love for him to over see the destruction of that franchise. The Pats and their fans deserve nothing less than a decade in the wilderness and I think Josh is just the guy to take them there.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agreed....its therapeutic for people right now to get the venom out. I would say we don't need 50 threads clogging up the site devoted to the man whose name shall not be said...so a good house cleaning and a mega thread sounds good!

lol ya think?

We always have a messy day when things get ugly.  Suddenly everyone wants to post at once